PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jojo61397

Morning all.  Running on the treadmill this morning about 6 miles.  I have to work this morning, then I'm going to *maybe* go paddle boarding after lunch, depends on what time I get off, and how much time I have to eat lunch.

Oh and I need some advice.

I have my 20 miler scheduled for tomorrow, however there is a 50% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow.  If I call the run, I will call it day of.  Would it harm my running too much if I changed my 20 miler to Sunday (this is the next day I can run 20 miles).

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Good morning,

Jodi--thanks for the start and you know I can't give you any advice.  No plans for me and I don't have a particular day that I do LRs.  Sounds like a full day.

Did a little less than 9 earlier as temps back in the 20s.  Still not bad for early December around here.

Back to work......

Joe1775

Jodi - I'd wait and see.  You can watch weather.com and see how a storm is progressing.  You may be able to plan your run around the storms.  

SRD and loving it.  A little yoga, kick back with my Kindle, enjoying the day! 

Mostly Harmless

Another rest day for me.  Since I was working from home yesterday and the pain in my foot was getting worse I went ahead and had an x-ray done.  I called them this morning for the results: negative.  I'm happy about that but I also know that stress fractures often don't show up on a standard x-ray.  I'm still having a lot of pain in the foot although it does feel a teeny bit better.  I can't decide if I want to just rest it for a few more days before making my next move or if I should go ahead and make an appointment with my podiatrist now.  She's usually pretty booked so it might be smart to call and make the appointment now and then cancel it if things get better.

Have a good day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Hey all!  I get to run again today.  I am so ready!  It's only 3 miles but at least I will be running.  It's group run day so it will be hard to stop when they all get to keep going.  Boo.  But I am running PR's and not getting injured so I'll obey the plan.  I also get to volunteer at ds's school.  It's nice not to be quite so paranoid about the germs this time.  lol

SIAR - I thought of your comment, "spin those pedals, don't mash them" yesterday on the trainer. I hadn't heard that before. Decided what kind of trainer you're getting?

Markrice - Sorry your wife gets migraine's. I don't think they are fun for the spouses either.

Scott - Thanks for adding my race. Sounds like a good idea to go ahead and schedule with a busy doctor.

Hill - I take it the abruptly ended nap was not your nap but your time of peace and quiet.

Jodi - How'd your ds do on his bike? That's awesome. Okay, I'll agree with everyone else. Wait and see. We don't get too many thunderstorms around here.

Marco - Temps in the 20's sound better than 12.

Joe - Kicking back with a kindle sounds delicious.

Okay, gotta get showered and off to school.  Have a great day everybody!

Bad Ass

Morning. SRD today. Wrote an RR on the BF RA forums but will copy the link here when I leave court. It was a horrible race.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey friends.  I did 12.12 miles today.  The run was supposed to be 8 miles, then 1.5 miles at MP uphill.  It ended up being 10 miles, with 1.5 up hill, plus a little back to my car.  The whole easy portion of the run, I kept thinking there was no way I'd be able to hold the MP uphill.  Sure enough, once I hit the hill I wanted to start on, my legs worked and got me there (6:48, 6:48).  I guess the change in pace activates different muscles and makes it doable, regardless of the fatigue you're feeling from running a previous steady pace.

Quick side note...if anyone wants a fun, quick Christmas story, either for a personal read or to share with the kids, try "The Shepard, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog" by Dave Barry.  It's hilarious, and takes about 45 minutes to read if you're just reading on your own.

Jodi...I think you have a paddle board addiction Smile  I'm like that with my golf though, so I totally get where you're coming from.  Personally, I don't see any difference with doing your 20 on another day.  I just look at a week as a 7 day chunk where I have workouts to get in...the day doesn't matter so much, just that the workout happens within the chunk.

Marco...Do you get some time off for the holidays?  It sounds like you could use it.  That's nice that you're getting some more run-able weather.

Joe...I love that you do your marathons to enjoy the experience.  It really is a reward at the end of training.  I often forget that.  What kind of reading are you doing?

Scott...That's great news from the Xray, but it's tough not knowing what's going on.  I hope you find something more definitive.

Pressing....I think the point of the phrase is to get you to work the pedal in both directions, which I guess is pretty hard for neophytes like us.  Also, thinking about that mantra is a lot better than thinking about how much my saddle is hurting my backside.  Enjoy the run again!  I'm kinda at the mercy of "Santa" when it comes to the trainer Smile

D...I got to you on your RR.  At least you got a trip out to Vegas lol.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Joe1775

SIaR - I don't just do marathons for the experience.  Each days run is an experience to me.  I choose the route depending on the weather, time of day, and what I think I'll see along the way.  My post run story always seems to start with "I saw...."  Just as my wife of 24 years. Wink  I do marathons, and am working up into the ultra distances, because I get to go further and see more, simple as that.  

As for what type of reading...  Non-fiction, fantasy, best sellers, science, stories about running, health, nature.  Anything from the Hobbit to Quantum Science.  If it's well written, I'll probably find it interesting.  You'd have to see the "collections" on my Kindle, or my old book shelves.  A better selection than most libraries these days.  

For the most part, you could say I read while resting up for my next run.  Big grin

PressingOn

I got to run farther than 3 miles!  4.25 to be exact and we did leapfrog sprints.  My coach decided since I was feeling good I'd be okay as long as I didn't all out sprint.  Leapfrog sprints, if you're curious, are where we took turns choosing a landmark and sprinting to it.  When the sprinter slowed down the other's would sprint to catch up and so and and so forth.  It felt so good to run and nothing hurt at all so I seem to have recovered just fine.

Damaris - Sorry the race was a tough one.  

SIAR - Good job on your run and keeping MP on the hill.  Hills can suck but at the same time I like that they work my muscles differently.  Hope Santa is good to you on the trainer.  

Finally PRed!!!

Hi all!

jojo: I agree with others to see what weather does around the time you plan to run, though pushing it back should also be fine.

marco: nice almost 9 in the 20s

joe: glad you're enjoying your rest day.

Scott: glad the x-rays were negative. Making the appointment now and changing later if you feel fine sounds like a good idea. Hope it feels better soon.

Pressing: hope you had a nice 3.

Docket: wow, I am really sorry to hear about the asthma attack. Read the RR and it just sounded rough with all that wind and dust. Rest up, and I hope next time is better.

SIAR: great job with the 12.12 with the uphill MP portion. I will check out the story sometime--thanks for the tip.

I ran a little over 6 today. Legs still a bit sore, so I kept  the pace very easy, really between my usual easy and recovery ranges. Wanted to spare the legs today so I can have a good MLR tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Pressing: x-posted. Glad you had fun with the leapfrog sprints and felt good!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 9 miles.. took a long lunch to do it, knowing I'd work late tonight processing payroll. Great run.

Jojo - Your change to Sunday BY ITSELF will not hurt anything. But the context of Sunday COULD present issues... just be sure not to do back to back long runs. Not as bad to have intervals near it. Certainly not bad to have recovery runs near it. I'd separate it a little from Tempo runs too. The day after may be best as a recovery.

Marco - Good job on the 9.

Joe, DocetRocket - Hope the SRD is going well.

ImNotScott - GLAD TO HEAR IT! 

PressingOn - You're right... migraines are bad on both... but certainly worse on my wife who gets them.

DocetRocket - Sorry your race was bad. I'll have to read the RR... the bad races offer great learning.

SoImARunner - good job on the 12. That would be a cooking pace uphill. Thanks for the story.. I'll look that up. I've enjoyed Dave Barry before.

Joe - I'm in between going for sights and going for speed. I often whip out my phone to shoot a sight and keep it in a "running pics" area.

Good day all.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

thinkin about glory days

5 miles this morning and felt great.  I wasn't planning on doing anything fast until next week, but it is awfully tempting.  Also, new shoes coming in the mail tomorrow.  Am I the only one who obsessively checks the package tracker when running gear is on the way?

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Joe1775

Am I the only one who obsessively checks the package tracker when running gear is on the way?

No.  You are far from alone in this.  I've stood staring down the street for the mail delivery if they are a bit behind when new running gear is inbound.  Yes, my name is Joe and I have a problem.  Clown