Daily Runner - 4/21/13 (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

April:

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Doral 5K

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Wow! I managed to start the thread using my BlackBerry!

Good morning from the Delaware beaches! I ran 6 this morning and am killing time until my friend wakes up. I was supposed to go longer but I packed warm weather clothes and it was 42 and windy. I can't believe I ran in a tank and no gloves.

So far the trip is going well. My friend and I haven't fought yet. I had lobster cheese fries for lunch yesterday, oysters for dinner, and just polished off some cookies and milk while I wait for breakfast. Smile We also had massages yesterday. My lady said I was right "Everywhere". More evidence that I need to do more stretching. Sad

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'll try to catch up with personals when I have a laptop.

Let's see if I can add a picture using this thing:

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Morning!  2-5 miles tonight.

Can somebody substitute the 4/27 HM with the Doral 5K?  That race was yesterday so I wasn't able to run the HM.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

Hey All,

I have 8 miles today of which 6 are repeat miles with the last 2 being 15sec faster than the last 4, with w/u and c/d. anyways, don't know if I'll be gettin to it though. I've got so much to do today, mow, shop, house needs cleaning (all of this has been neglected the last couple of weeks) and dd is comin to pick up the last of her stuff.

I hadn't been sleeping well at all the last couple of days and last night was no exception. I was in bed by 6:55 and didn't get to sleep till 7:30 (cause dh wanted to talk) but then I was up every couple of hours. I may try some sleeping stuff tonight to help me sleep.

julia - beautiful picture. where is that? Dh and myself are tryin to figure out where to go for vacay this yr. I'd like to go someplace where we can just chill and not feel like we have to do anything. he wants to go to Vegas. I don't want to go there. I've been there 2x and used to live there with my grandma. I don't like vegas and finally had to tell him.

docket - how are the muscles today? feelin good? any soreness?

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just got in from volunteering at our inaugural duathlon...boy was it cold! There were about 90 runners/bikers and they all seemed to enjoy it. I did some registration stuff and then directed runners on the second run course. I'm planning on running a few miles later, after I warm up.

Julia...awesome pic, and the food sounds so good. Tight everywhere could be trouble! Good job with the 6.

Docket...great job with the ultra. I'll get to your RR this evening hopefully. Have a good shakeout run.

Cc..good luck with the tough workout. Sorry about the sleep loss - I know that's frustrating. Vacation has to work for both of you for sure. I love Corolla in the Outer Banks, personally.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

D_R, I'll make the change for you...  How are you feeling today?  I guess okay if you're feeling up for a recovery run.

CC, I'm in Bethany Beach which is on the Delaware shore.  The beaches are nice but I would think it would be hard for people to come here on vacation.  I'm thinking the nearest big airport is Baltimore, which would still be a 2 hour drive away, I think.

SIAR, It was good of you to volunteer.  I keep telling myself I need to do that someday but never get around to

jojo61397

Afternoon everyone.  I'm not going to do personals.  This week is the last week my husband will be home, so I'm not going to be online much.  Anyway:

Today: 5 miles

Tomorrow: Cross Fit plus 4-5 miles

Tuesday: 8 miles

Wednesday: Cross Fit

Thursday: Last day of work WOOHOO! and cross fit + 3-4 miles

Friday: 6-8 miles

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: 6-8 miles

Monday:  I will either be running or drowning my sorrows in wine...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Quick evening check in - ran 9 miles, with 3 at MP today.  It finally warmed up a little from this morning so the run was pretty pleasant and the MP miles felt good.  Next week will just be some shorter runs with a couple quick segments, and then it's time to race!

Julia...It was really fun volunteering.  I actually wanted to pass out water at an aid station, but I guess I'll have to do that another time.  That'd probably be more fun at a big race anyway.  I hope the rest of your day has been nice.

Jodi...Have a great week with your husband and enjoy the time together.  Congrats on that last day of work too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Quick check in for me.  Six days in a row immediately following a marathon.  I have never done that before even though today's run was just slightly more than 5.  Already reserved hotel room for Boston 2014.  Instead of paying $360 a night in Boston we are going to stay near the start for $75 a night.  We won't be around Boston as much but plan on checking out Salem and Plymouth.  I just don't want to spend as much money as we did this year.

Also, DW purchased a jacket on ebay.  They're almost impossible to come by and I passed it up at the expo thinking I would get one later.  Yes, she did pay more than what they were selling for race day, but we really wanted one.

Also, made hotel reservations for the next one which is in three weeks. The shortest time between previous marathons was about 8 months, so we'll see how this one goes.  If there was a ever a chance for a PR for me it would be this one.

Jodi--enjoy the time with DH

Damaris--skimmed your RR and will go back and re-read.  The heat and the course sounded brutal.  I was hoping for an ultra this year, but it looks doubtful.  Congratulations!

Julia--Hope you are having a great time at the beach and with your friend.

SIAR--Glad you had fun at the duathlon

cc--planning vacations are always fun, to me anyways.  We are done with ours for the year.  Hope things start looking up for you.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: Awesome beach pic! Glad you're having fun.

Docket: Hope your miles went well tonight. Hope the recovery from the ultra goes smoothly

CC: Sounds like a busy day, hope you were able to get the mile repeats in.

SIAR: Great job volunteering! And nice 9 too!

jojo: Enjoy the last week with your husband and your last day of work.

marco: wow, 6 days in a row right after a marathon! Sounds like a smart idea to stay near the start to save money. I bet you'll have a great race in 3 weeks.

We've had some cooler (but sunny and beautiful) weather all weekend, which has been really nice for running. My paces have been much better. Yesterday I got in 5 with the last 2 @ MP, then went to a party with a bunch of people from some of my running groups. I ate a lot, and drank some too (wine this time for a change). Then this morning I ran 3 on the way to meet the running group, then 8 with the group. Then went to the Dogwood Festival and looked at some art and watched part of the Disc Dogs competition. Drank some beer too. My weight has been down close to 8 lbs since the marathon, hope I didn't do too much damage this weekend. Finally got my miles back up over 40, so that should help. I have a 10-day streak going myself now, but mostly really low miles/day.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

CompetitiveChik

Hey guys, got most of what was on my list done. I did get my run but didnt' get my shoppin done.

dd came by to get the rest of her things. it was light hearted. dh and myself agreed not to try and convince her to stay. that was more for his benefit b/c he's been tryin all week to give her a way back. but I told him that we really need to let her do this and see what happens, no matter how much it hurts us. he agreed.

my run was pretty nice. I ran a mile w/u and another c/d. 6 miles at 9min pace with the last 2 miles 15sec faster than the last.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon