ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/5 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/19 - Capitol Hill Classic 10K

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

Julia1971 - 5/26 - Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon

June:

Julia1971 - 6/8 - Lawyers Have Heart 10K

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

BruceD555 - 06/22 - Grandma's Marathon

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

BruceD555 - 10/06 - Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

BruceD555 - 11/02 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Or, should I have titled this thread "Daily Taperer - 5/4/13".  I'm expecting to read a lot of "SRD"s.  Smile

Including me!  Today is supposed to be an off day but I might run long instead since I want to go to run club tomorrow.  I know that sounds counter-intuitive but most people only run an hour or an hour and a half.  But, I have 14 on the schedule and that will take me about 2 hours. So, that means I'd be a) running by myself for most of the run and b) most people will have left the post-run meet up spot.  I'm going to have coffee and contemplate it.

I completed my training plan from now through NYCM and it's already uploaded into my Blackberry.  I'm good to go.  I'm hoping to go shopping for summer running gear later today or tomorrow.  I need another pair of shoes and some visors.

Run the mile you are in.

No rest for me. I'll continue to add in an unspecified number of recovery miles today. Last night ended up being 7 on the TM at work and my legs feel great ... but I'll still proceed carefully. I'm feeling like I'll run 10 sometime this weekend but might just push it until Sunday after church since it's supposed to be better weather. I'll probably settle for another 5-7 today, but first coffee.

Train smart ... race smarter.

PressingOn

I am supposed to do a workout, a few strides and a few hills along with a nice easy pace to wake the legs up.  However, with my ds still sick, my dd's first Tri practice this morning and me needing to be on the road in a few hours I'm not sure I can squeeze it in.  So probably an SRD! I wound up taking ds to the Dr. yesterday as I didn't want to leave him with my  mom and dad over the weekend not knowing what was going on with him.  My mom is a worrier and I'd hate to get a call they were going to the ER or something.  Smile  He has laryngitis.  Poor kid.  Fever, cold symptoms, sore throat and no voice.  But he should be feeling better in a couple days.  Meanwhile, please oh please oh please oh please let me not wake up tomorrow morning with this grossness!  His doctor did tell me that unless I have a fever Sunday morning I could still run the marathon.  Yes, I asked!  He's a runner so he got it.  ha ha.

I'll probably not check in again until Monday morning.  All Sunday day has activity planned and we'll be getting home late Sunday.

Good luck to my fellow racers!!!  Scott, Jackdyl11, Joe, and Damaris!  Good luck and have great races!  (Did I miss anyone not on the calendar?)

jackdyl11

Just checking in quickly. I did my 4 mile pre-race run this morning and felt pretty good.  Nothing I can do now! I'm ready to start and just get it over with.  Anyway, off to the expo and then back to the hotel for some more swimming with the kids.  I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow!

Finally PRed!!!

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!!!! Go Jack, Pressing, Docket and Scott!!!

Julia: Good luck with your LR or enjoy your SRD, whichever you do...

Bruce: Enjoy your recovery miles.

I got in a little over 8 in light rain this morning, 2+ on the way to meet the group, 5 with the group, then 1 more after. Weights later.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

I decided to go for the run.  It was good.  It's already a bit warm out there, though.  I ran a little fast but I'm trying to push the paces.

Bruce and Swift, I was glad to see someone else is running today.  Smile  Hope you both had great workouts today.

Pressing, Good luck tomorrow!  I doubt you'll get sick at this point.  Run smart in the heat.

Jack, Have a nice relaxing day in the pool and good luck tomorrow.

Run the mile you are in.

Mostly Harmless

Phone posting so no personals. SRD for me. Will check in later if possible.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                  Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Slept in very late.  I guess Saturday is my catch up day.  Worked for several hours in the garden and we built two more raised beds and filled them with soil.  Resting a couple of hours and then it's out with friends for food and drink.

RD for me today.  I did 20 back on Tuesday and with one week to go I am going back to my 8-6-4-2 plan.  I tell myself that it got me PRs in my first six marathons so I'll go with that.  I did not do that before Boston.

Been raining here all day.  Luckily for me it is an SRD.  Supposed to be raining like this tomorrow too, but with only 4 easy miles scheduled for Sunday I might just take the day off.

I have done a bad thing, though.  I just ordered pizza.  I'll gain 7 pounds in water weight alone.  Sigh.....

PressingOn- Sorry your ds is sick but hopefully he'll be feeling better soon AND it'll stay away from you long enough for the race. Have a good one & we'll look for you to check in on Monday.

jackdyl11- Can't wait to hear how the race goes. All the training is done and now it's time to have fun ... relax, enjoy and run smooth and fast.

not too swift- Nice work on the early 8 miles in the rain. I actually enjoy running in the rain, as long as it's not 33 degrees (I did a 22 miler in that this spring and it was sooooo miserable).

Julia1971- When in doubt, run. That's what I usually end up doing. Nice work on getting it in and it's nice running in the warm weather but I still need to get acclimated to it after this long cold winter.

ImNotScott- Have an awesome race and I can't wait to hear your RR.

marco59- I'm a believer in not monkeying with what worked in the past ... so sticking to your plan is a good move. Hope your RD went well, though it doesn't sound very restful with all the gardening you did.

RVDowning- Pizza is the PERFECT food. You won't get any argument from me on your choice of food today. Enjoy your SRD.

Well, I got in my 7 miles but ran them way faster than recovery pace. It still felt like an easy run, though the temperature was a bit warm out there when running with the wind. A friend checked in and we're planning to run about 10 miles tomorrow morning before church and running with him will help keep the pace nice and easy.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mostly Harmless

Hey friends!  Just settling in to rest my legs  and watch some hockey.

I haven't been very excited about the race tomorrow but I'm starting to get a bit nervous now so I thought I should check in here and catch up with you guys.

Julia - I'm glad the run today went well.  I think I read that you are following the same Pfitz plan again for NYCM. I hope that works well for you again this time.

Bruce - Good job with the 7 today.  When do you get back into training for your June marathon?

Pressing - I'm sorry your DS is still sick. Good luck tomorrow!

Jack - Best of luck to you too!

NTS - Nice 8 this morning!

Marco - You gotta go with what works,right?

RVD - I hope the pizza was good!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp