Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - January 30/2013 (Read 13 times)

Just B.S.

January:

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Miami Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Just B.S.

Morning Peeps!!!!

You know what this means!!!!!!!!!!! Off to the pool!!!

6 miles yesterday and 7 or 8 miles later today.

Be good!!

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  DW and DD are just out the door for her last college visit.  I decided to stay home today because I'm sick.  I have the "It's going to be 65 degrees today flu". It's very rare in January.  I suspect I'll feel much better tomorrow.

Just a 5 mile run at recovery pace later today.

Beth - I assume the 7 or 8 miles will be running and not swimming unless you've turned into a mermaid or something.  Have fun either way. ;-)

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Morning y'all!

I'm having my coffee and Nuun as I try to figure out if I want to do my scheduled double or do my second medium run for the week.  It's in the mid-50s and part of me feels I should take advantage of the temps and do the longer run.  (If I double, the second run will most likely need to be at night, which means the treadmill).

I'm really excited to hear about the Blackberry 10 today.  I'm hoping the new phone sounds promising so I can get rid of my current one.

Scott, Enjoy the run.  I can't wait to step outside today!

Just B.S., Enjoy the pool!  No promises on the "be good" part.  Wink

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Morning!  Kickboxing and some light running if I can.  Will depend on my allergy shot and its reaction.

Beth, hope your workouts go well.

Scott, have fun looking at colleges.

Julia, enjoy whatever run you decide.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

Morning y'all.

No time for personals.  Going to be doing probably 6-8 miles on the dread mill this morning.  I have a 9:30 AM vet appointment with Thor (who is lucky to be alive after he tore into my new Athleta stuff (he didn't shred it)), then a 11:00 AM appointment with my psychologist-- oh the joys of being an Aspie.  There are supposed to be nasty storms, if they hold off after my appointment this morning, I'll go running between appointments outside, if not, I'll just go on the treadmill.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Just B.S.

I'm baaaack!!!LOL

Swim was great. Not sure what time I'm going to do the run today. Such a mixed bag of weather. Rain, freezing rain, possibly snow and high winds gusting up to 50-60mp/hr.........may have to resort to the treadmill.. Don't mind the rain or snow but I'm little and those winds really knock me around!LOL

Now that my body has adjusted to adding the 3-5 swims per week on top of my 4 runs I need to start adding back in the cycling. I have my bike trainer in the basement for the winter but gave it a break for a while when I started swimming.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to train for tri's when I get farther into this marathon cycle but I"m sure it will all work out. I am used to cycling while training for a marathon but have never swam regularly at the same time.

JULIA,  you have asked about our temps. We normally don't get this many weeks of zero to sub zero. Usually it will warm up to 30ish for a day or so then get cold again. But we always look at the bright side and say "you dont have to shovel the cold'!!! because when it's really cold it doesn't snow so it's a trade off.

Around May we start getting up around 45-50 on good days!! That's when you know summer is coming.Big grin

P.S. hide the scissors when a race is coming up!LOL

PRESSING,  honestly I couldn't swim this much when my kids were younger. Like you it's a 30 minute commute, then the swim

time, shower etc, a lot of times I"m looking at 2.5 hours total . It's about the same time committment as  my long weekend runs

and I'm doing it 3-4 times/week.

I give you big kudos for being able to get to the pool at all!!

SIAR, sorry about the shoe purgatory!! but you made me laugh! But I'm sure running with your friend took the edge off.

SCOTT, that's great news about the new running spot!! I've lived here all my life so there is nothing here

that I don't know about, unfortunately!LOL

And no, just one kilometer of swimming but a girl can dream big so maybe someday 7 or 8 miles!LOL

JOJO, welcome back! How did the Goofy treat you??

DOCKET, enjoy the kickboxing.

NTS, just a suggestion from someone who really doesn't know that much!LOL We are very lucky to have a local friend who is a top notch marathon/tri coach. He always tells us that when something you are doing isn't working to change it up.  I am not fast my any means, and a lot slower than you. But 2 years ago I took his advice to run less miles but at faster paces and cycle more in lieu of the running miles to give my body a rest.

I took his advice and for the last 2 years after 10 years of running half marathon distance+, then marathons, at age 49 and 50 I have consistently set new PR's at all distances. Sometimes our bodies get too used to what we are doing and they need a jump start with something different.

Just throwing that out there. That type of plan might not work for you but shaking things up in some way can be a good thing.

JenRosie, sorry you are still under the weather.

Downing, forgot to say Congrats on your 5k!!

RUNSAINTRUN, welcome!

Marco, hey neighbour!!

We saw our triathlon/travel agent friends at the pool today. We needed 20 to guarantee our trip and 24 to

cover the costs of one of them coming with us. We are now up to 28 for our trip and she is going to come!!!

I'm really happy about that!!  Having a native along when travelling overseas is going to be a big bonus,

plus she is really fun!Smile

Have a good day everyone!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Procrastinating...hence some personals.

Beth(aka flipper)...It's a lot to figure out how to fit all of that tri training stuff in huh?  I think a lot of people will focus on two disciplines a month, while doing just one day of the third.  After that they rotate, until like a month or two before a race when they start to incorporate the 3 together.  I know you're not a big "plan" person, but Joe Friel's books are good resource.

NotScott...Like the new winter pic!  That's a real shame you're not feeling well haha.  What actually is a shame is that it's in the 60s here and pouring rain!  Enjoy the 5.

Julia...Coffee and nuun sounds like two of the most hateful beverages ever created haha.  I guess it's not so bad when perfect weather throws a wrench in your training plan, right?  As for the Riders, the owner of the LRS won't even let me try them on because he says the drop (12mm) is too big for my stride.  Picture a deer hopping, and that's kinda how I run...very much a forefoot lander.  And you're right, if I find shoes I like it will be Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanza all in one.

Docket...Hope the shot lets you get in the workouts you'd like to do.

Jodi...Ohhh, bad Thor!  Have a good run.

NotSwift...Are you rocking a backwards hat in that '09 running pic?  Looks kinda sweet.  Maybe the weight will be the answer for you.  Or you could just be in a bit of a rough patch.  Maybe you should book a flight back to Germany!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

I guess personals have to wait until the weekend.

11 done with the last mile or so in freezing rain.  The roads were terrible.  In fact, on my way to work one of our vehicles could not make it out of our flat, paved driveway it was so slick.

Beth--so sorry to hear about that incident that occurred last spring.  Are you and DH going to be doing Fredericton?

Just a slow 6 on the treadmill today. First run in my new Inov 8 Bare-X Lite 150 and I had to hop off the treadmill a couple of times to adjust the tightness of the laces.  Guess I'll keep them.  They started feeling better and better as I went along.  At first the sole seemed kind of stiff.  They are minimalist with 0 heel to toe drop.  I'll replaces the laces though with the Lock Laces that I use on all my other shoes.  Too bad Mizuno had to screw up the Wave Universe 3s.  I have to slice the heel lip on the 4s to keep from getting a blister, and it seems the 5s are not going to be any better.

Just B.S.

I guess personals have to wait until the weekend.

11 done with the last mile or so in freezing rain.  The roads were terrible.  In fact, on my way to work one of our vehicles could not make it out of our flat, paved driveway it was so slick.

Beth--so sorry to hear about that incident that occurred last spring.  Are you and DH going to be doing Fredericton?

Thanks Marco. Like I said in the other thread. Running has kept me sane.

Fredericton,,,,,,,absolutely that is going to be our spring marathon!!Smile

Are you going to run it after Boston?

Beth--I am probably going to do it, if I have recovered from Boston. I guess they are about four weeks apart. How I run in May wlll be impacted on how it goes in April. I ran 3:09 on a course I thought was tougher than Boston and did not suffer much. So, I think a 3:05 is possible, but do I want to try in Boston (fairly tough) or Fredericton (easy)? The inagural Bay of Fundy Marathon is in June at Lubec/Campobello, also.

CompetitiveChik

hey runnin freaks,

got in a nice 8 speedy track workout miles. plus 18 cadence miles on the spin bike.

at work so I gotta git. will try to check in later

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hi everybody!  I have an SRD scheduled.  Well, except for that pesky core work I keep seeming to forget about.  Coach sent an email out today reminding all of us not to skip it as it's really key in improving our running.  I know, I know, I know.  But it's so not fun.  I did get myself a new medicine ball I've yet to try out so maybe that will make it more fun today.  A new toy.  I am heading off to the LRS in a short bit for those trail running shoes.  Whoop!  That is, unless I get an email from dh asking me to wait.  I told him in a email that I was going to the LRS.  I didn't ask.  I simply said I'm going.  We'll see.  Maybe I shouldn't check my email so I can play ignorant.  Where's an innocent, angel, halo emoticon when you need it?

Julia - Ha ha about the hair cutting rule during taper. Enjoy today's workout regardless of which way you choose to go.

Swift - I hear you on the weight gain. I feel like around age 39.5 my metabolism slowed drastically. I am up about 8lbs and cannot drop it using the old tried and true methods. I need new methods, I guess. Boo to turning 40 in that regard.

SIAR - Glad you can return the shoes. It's good you have a shoe guy that cares enough not to put you in the wrong shoe.  Hopefully he can help you find the correct shoe.

Beth - Glad you had fun at the pool! And yes, like you, it takes me 2.5 to 3 hours for a swim adventure when all is said and done. Good thing we like it, huh? My coach would totally 2nd your coach friend. She has me running less but cycling and swimming and I am getting faster.

Scott - Enjoy your day at home with the uh, flu. Lol about assuming Beth's 7 or 8 are not swimming miles. I reckon you are correct.

Damaris - Hope that reaction is a good one today and you can get your run on in addition to the kicking.

Jodi - Bad doggy. Your poor Athleta stuff. Glad it was okay. Did I ever tell you guys about the time my cat pee'd on my race medals? I was boxing stuff up for our move and had carefully laid them all out on the floor to get packed up. (I was taking them off the wall and the furniture was already out of the room which is why they were on the floor).  I left them there for a day while I was filling the box I wanted them in.  I was planning on packing them at the top.  Anyway, when I went to pack them up I was met with that lovely cat pee odor. I was not happy. Thank goodness I was able to wash them and spray them with Zero Odor.

Marco - Freezing rain is not fun to run in.

RVD - Glad you're thinking you like the new shoes. Feeling better as you go along as opposed to feeling worse is a good thing.

PressingOn

CC - Cross posted.  He ya!  Good job today!