JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

I'll be heading out for a recovery run today.  10 day forecast is still looking good and I'm hoping this might be my last sub-freezing run.  Yay!  It's 32 out but feels like 25.

Happy Friday everyone!

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Morning!  Off to work with a headache.  Short recovery run tonight.  HM tomorrow (for fun).

Julia, enjoy your 10.  Happy with the new pic? Big grin

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Good morning! Just got back from getting my recovery run in. Only 4 miles and I actually kept it at recovery pace for once and felt great.  My last 20 miler of this cycle is tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to it.

DD has a playoff basketball game tonight. This is a rematch with a local rival that knocked them out of the playoffs last year. Fingers crossed for her.

Julia - I hope you're right about the temps. I'm ready for a warm-up!

Damaris - I hope your headache gets better. Enjoy your short run tonight and have fun with the HM tomorrow. :-)

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Julia-- I used to live in Minot, I remember when 25 was a heat wave Wink

Docket-- hope your headache gets better

Scott-- Good luck on your 20 miler tomorrow...

Did a 5 miler this morning.  Off to a charity golf event (I don't play, I actually suck something fierce).  Really excited.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

By the way, how does one go about adding oneself (and the famous Docket) to the Chicago Marathon on the marathon list?  :-)  Likewise I have the Silver Comet Marathon on Oct 26th.

Did 8 on the treadmill this morning.  We are having a significant rain event that is started last night and should continue all day today and through tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I was at the local HS track at 0415; was supposed to do 2wu+6(1m@HMPw400r)+2cd but my left hamstring was bothering me and got worse if I tried to go faster. The best I could do for a couple of laps was to try to keep to the HMP cadence taking rather baby steps which only got me down to 10Tight lippedx mpm and I was supposed to be doing these miles at 9:00 mpm.  It kept getting colder the longer I was out there. It started out around 37F but went down to 32F. I wasn't going fast/hard enough to keep myself warm. I pulled the plug early, about 3.13 miles short of the 11.25 I should have done.

I'm kind of worried about my 18 miler for this coming Sunday.  It is supposed to be 3 warm up, 12 at marathon pace and 3 cool down.  That is a nine mile out and back.  But if I get out there 9 miles and then have a hamstring problem, it will be brutal to have to walk 9 miles back.  So, I thought maybe I would only go out 4.5 miles, so an out and back would be 9 and then just do it twice.  Then I thought I could just go out 3 miles, and then an out and back would be 6 and then I could do it 3 times.  In fact, in that case I could just do my run at the Alpharetta Big Creek Greenway instead of going all the way to the Silver Comet.

Then I thought some more and thought that instead of doing a 3-out-and-back 3 times, I could just run on the track.  It would be something less than 72 laps because I run in the outer lane.   Still mulling this one over.

I think my hamstring issue is better but the discomfort has moved to behind the knee.  I started off real slow on the treadmill this morning and it seemed to get better the farther I went. Don't know about doing 8 tomorrow afternoon if I have to do 18 early on Sunday.  But on the other hand, I guess that is what the Hansons' plan means by "prefatigued."  I'm just gun shy about this hamstring/behind-the-knee issue.

Mostly Harmless

By the way, how does one go about adding oneself (and the famous Docket) to the Chicago Marathon on the marathon list?  :-)  Likewise I have the Silver Comet Marathon on Oct 26th.

You just have to ask Julia real nice, since she posted first today.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  I'm currently waiting out the tail end of our ice storm here to try and get my run in.  I'd like to be able to get some faster miles done, so slick surfaces really won't be my friend.  I guess there's always the mill option...

Julia...Two recoveries in a row for you, or is this to make up for the faster recovery yesterday?  Feels like 25 sounds pretty warm...I'm thinking you'll be okay!

Docket...Hope your head feels better.  I liked the other pic because we could see you better, but I guess we know what you look like.

Scott...Don't those recovery miles feel good when you actually do them?  Last 20 huh?  That's quite the benchmark.  I hope it goes well for your younger Mutombo this evening.

Jodi...Enjoy the 5 miles.  I'm jealous of your golf tournament!

RVD...Yep, just list the dates and the event in the format like they are above so that the original poster can copy and paste them in.  As for your hamstring, I can only say that I hope it feels better.  If it were me, I'd back off the MP miles and just get the mileage in with easy miles.  I know it's hard not to stick to the plan though, especially if it's something you paid for.  Hopefully the warmer weather will come soon and give you some relief.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jackdyl11

Good morning everyone!

I didn't get to post yesterday because work has heated up a bit (always good to be busySmile ). I get out on my run until 10:00 on Wednesday, so I shortened my run from 13 to 10, and will hopefully do the 13 tonight (unless the same thing happens, which is pretty likely).  I had a good tempo last night.  5:39 pace for 4.3 miles, with some hills, which is at least close to a PR on that course and I was feeling fine at the end.

When I don't do a tempo on the track I usually do it on a 2.15 mile course around my house, which basically goes down for the first mile and then back up for the second.  This makes my splits really lumpy.  The weird thing was that while at ~5:40 pace they usually go 5:20, 6:00, last night they went 5:35, 5:45 (slower on the downhill, faster on the uphill).  I can't figure out what that means.  I tried out my Adios's for the first time last night. Could that have something to do with it?

Anyway, I'm doing my first race of the season next weekend. Time to start obsessively checking weather.com!

Julia - I agree on the weather! It's not bad while running, but it is hard to get out the door!  I mark National (aka RNR USA) as the first day where I know I'll wear shorts for the rest of the year, until November-ish.

DR - Have a good time on your half tomorrow!  Does just for fun mean your just giong to be taking it easy?

Scott - Good luck to your DD!

Jodi - Good job on the run and have golfing.

RVD - I'm glad your hamstring is feeling better, but I feel like I said that a few days ago too.  I hope it stays better!  I do long runs in laps, with the first lap longer than the second.  It helps me to get through it mentally, plus theres water and a bathroom at the end of the first lap.  If your hamstring or knee are sore, would you consider just doing the run at a long run pace, and skipping the marathon pace miles this week?

jackdyl11

Impatient double post.

BUT I can use it to wish SIAR good luck on his run.

And, to make sure I say that if I were going to run 72 laps on a track, I'd probably switch directions every few miles to keep from screwing up my knees and hips.

This Sunday is the last long run scheduled.  There are a couple of other MP runs, namely 2wu+8MP+2cd.  But, given that I've had to blow off a few training days, and didn't even get my moderate 18 miler in last week, I could use the emotional lift that a good 3wu+12MP+3cd would give me. There were only three 18 mile long runs on this 20 week 40 - 60 mpw schedule, and if I don't run this 18 miler this Sunday I would have missed all of them. Sad

Bad Ass

RVD, I would do another route. Maybe 4 miles and back, etc., in case you have the problem

jack, yes, easy.

SIAR, there is no pleasing all of you!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

fake it till you make it

Happy Friday, Dailies!

6 recovery miles done on the treadmill this morning. It's actually beautiful temps and not much wind, but the 7 inches of snow that fell overnight drove me inside.  Still snowing out there, hoping it's at least a little bit plowed for tomorrow's 18 miler.  Got home from the gym to find that the neighbor had snow-blown our driveway saving me a couple hours of shoveling. I am now baking cookies and putting together a six pack of various bottles of beer to take him as a thank you gift.

Julia Glad to see you found a singlet that you like! I should be smarter about buying doubles (or more) of running clothes I like.  I have 2 pairs of shorts that are going to wear out soon, they are my favorites and I can't find an exact match anymore. Hope the recovery miles were good and the warm-up in temps sticks around.

D-R half marathon for fun sounds like a great idea!

Scott have fun at the game- is DD's ankle better?  Don't wear yourself out screaming/cheering so much that you're tired out for the 20 miler!  Smile

Jodi what charity is the golf event benefiting? I've never golfed in my life... well, except for some mad skillz I have with mini-golf.

RVD  be careful with those MP miles.  I know its hard to not get the mental benefit of nailing the workout, but if the hammie gets injured from working too hard the mental benefit isn't going to mean much.  Hope it behaves for you.

SIAR  are you expecting a melt of the ice?  Do you ever wear yaktrax or the like? I wear them if its really icy, but can't get good speed/turnover.  Have a good workout.

Jack how were your new adios?  I've never run in Adidas but the pics I saw of the new ones look pretty slick.

jackdyl11

Jack how were your new adios?  I've never run in Adidas but the pics I saw of the new ones look pretty slick.

They were great! Very comfy and smooth, and felt lighter than they are.  I'm comparing them to some heavy trainers, though, since I've only been running in my Cumuluses for a few weeks now.  They're more substantial than the 1400's I had before.  But, I think they're exactly what I'm looking for in a marathon shoe.  I'm 6'2'', 163, so I need a little bit of cushioning.

Julia1971

I had a nice recovery run this morning. I really focused on keeping it slow since I have a 22 miler tomorrow. Then, I had to rush to work for a mandatory 10am meeting. I made it with 5 minutes to spare. Whew!

Next on my semi-race related agenda is trying to plan a post-race party. I was going to reserve a space in a restaurant, but marathon day is St. Patrick's Day and most of the (cheaper to mid-range) bars aren't taking private parties. Not sure if I'll be up for hosting a party at my house a couple hours after running a marathon, though. Maybe I could just do pizza or something, though. I feel like I need to decide ASAP so people don't make other plan

my Blackberry track-ball is messed up. But apparently, Verizon isn't getting the new Blackberry until April. I don't know if I can wait that long. Loyalty has it's limits.

D_R, I do like the new pic. It's less bad assy, though, so I might like the other one more. Smile Hope your headache is gone.

Scott, DD is playing again? That's great. I think I left off with her having a swollen ankle. Happy for her!

JoJo, I think I'm about as far north as I could handle. And south for that matter. Have a great day golfing. That sounds like so much fun.

RVD, Your other races have been added... Hard to know what to do. But, I think doing something like an out-and-back or on the track would be good so you could cut the run short if you had to.

SIAR, The mill might be your best option if it's icy. Maybe venture out a block or two before committing? Yesterday was supposed to be general aerobic, so, it's good that it was kinda fast. I'm going to try to hammer out the rest of my schedule during lunch today. I hadn't worked out the whole shortened taper and no tune up race thing.

Jack, I moved to the area in 1993 which is the year we had the freak snow storm in March. So, I still feel like we're not out of the woods until mid-March. But, yeah, that's usually a good bet.

JenRosie, Awww. What a nice neighbor. I was thinking the same thing about buying another singlet. I just don't like the other color options. Sad

Run the mile you are in.