Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/14/13 (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

April:

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 4/13 - SunSmart 5K

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

I'm up bright and early so I can make it out to join my running group today. A few of them are up in Boston but I think it'll still be a good turn-out.  I'm hoping to do something like 12.  I have a half marathon at the end of the month, though, and I'm feeling like I should get a couple of longer runs in.  We'll see.  We run out and backs so if I'm feeling good I can always go longer.

Thanks for the compliments on the picture yesterday, Scott and D_R.

Have fun racing those runners today, SIAR.

Run the mile you are in.

Just B.S.

Julia, I meant to comment on your photo. I am not embellishing a bit when I say you are simply

gorgeous.Smile

Heading our for 17 or 18 today. In the snow.

My spring marathon is one month from today. Hopefully the snow will be gone by then!

See ya!

Good morning,

Missed the FE with a bunch of forumites as I went to the wrong Beer Works but will be meeting them at the expo shortly.  It is only about 3 blocks from our room.  May go for a 1 or 2 miler later but just going to take it easy and do a little sightseeing.  Have pasta for supper and hit the bed early.

Temps are going to be perfect tomorrow but the winds are forecast to be from the ENE which is the direction we run.  Hopefully they won't get stronger than 5 to 10 mph.

Julia--enjoy the 12

Beth--make sure all the snow is gone when I get back up that way.

jackdyl11

Sorry for posting so sporadically!  Just too busy at work, and I wasn't in front of a computer yesterday. But, I did get in 22 yesterday for my last long run.  3 weeks to go! It was supposed to include 8 - 10 at mp, but I couldn't do more than 6.  I'm not too worried because it was the first warm long run.  Today is 12 easy.

Julia - Good job on your 5k!  Good job holding on for a nice time after a quick start.

Just BS - Have fun on your long run

Marco and Jen - Good luck tomorrow!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...I loved the pic too. You manage to look quite good while running - no small feat. Have a good run today with the group. I doubt the long run will be too much of a concern for the half.

Beth...have fun playing in the snow. That's nuts!

Marco...can't wait! Enjoy the day and don't be too active today. I hope the wind cooperates.

I'm getting ready to head out to pace in a bit. The race is at 1pm, which is odd. The weather seems nice, so it should be a pretty good day. I'm excited and hopefully I can hit those splits!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sorry for posting so sporadically!  Just too busy at work, and I wasn't in front of a computer yesterday. But, I did get in 22 yesterday for my last long run.  3 weeks to go! It was supposed to include 8 - 10 at mp, but I couldn't do more than 6.  I'm not too worried because it was the first warm long run.  Today is 12 easy.

Julia - Good job on your 5k!  Good job holding on for a nice time after a quick start.

Just BS - Have fun on your long run

Marco and Jen - Good luck tomorrow!

Those mp runs are just fickle! Well done on the 22 though...it always feels good to top off the long runs.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 8 with 5 @ MP + 10% and the last 2 @ MP.  I was to do a 13 miler but I decided to divide the run and do some speed.  The weather was horrid but the paces were good.

Julia, enjoy the running group run.

Beth, go get that long run.

marco, hope you get to FE.  How is the weather for tomorrow?

jackdyl, great 22!

SIAR, pace well!  1pm?  Yikes.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

I ended up doing 13.  I felt great.  I think taking a rest day yesterday was a very good idea.

Just B.S., I'm beaming over here.  That so kind of you to say.  Hope you had a nice run and the footing wasn't too bad.

Marco, Enjoy the expo!  I think that might have been my favorite part of the race...  So, are you running with people tomorrow?  That might help with the wind.

JackDyl, Congrats on completing that last long run.

SIAR, Thanks re the pic.  I seem to do alright with race photos.  My friends on Facebook keep asking if I'm posing for them but I think that's just what I look like when I run...  A 1pm start is odd.

D_R, That sounds like a tough workout the day after a race.  Nice work!

Run the mile you are in.

Mostly Harmless

Hi folks SRD for me filled with domestic duties. Busy, busy so no personals except to say good luck to SIAR today and a big shout out to Marco, JenRosie and everyone else running Boston tomorrow!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Back from the expo.  It was fun as we spent over two hours there and got to meet about 15 forumites.  Disappointed that the 2013 shirt is exactly the same as the 2011 except for the one digit.  Didn't shell out money for the jacket.  This trip is already expensive enough.  DW is resting so we can go back out later.  Will go just a couple of blocks down for an early supper and call it a day.

Damaris--47 degrees at the start, 52 when I finish.  East winds (boo) but only 4-7 mph, so not a factor.  Not too sunny either, I had bad sunburn from 2011.

Julia--If you mean running with people I know, maybe 1-2.  If you mean running with people to draft because of the wind, as you know, you don't have much choice early on.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Bad Ass

Julia, nice 13.  The thing is that with the asthma, the legs are never running at the capacity they can, so legs are fresh still.

marco, nice weather.  Why would they repeat a shirt?  Boring.

Scott, enjoy the rest day.

Blog

Finally PRed!!!

Good luck tomorrow to the Boston runners!!!

I've been getting some running in, but not as much as I'd like, and I still feel pretty crappy. Got in close to 9 today and it was a real struggle. Didn't cough as much as I had been, but it just didn't feel right.

marco and JenRosie, have a great race tomorrow!

SIAR: Hope the pacing goes well.

Hi to everyone else too!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Back from my run...the body held up really well and I think I'm still moving in the right direction. I was a little fast, but just by a couple seconds - 1:29:51 overall. I'd say I helped at least 6 people, including the first and second woman. Time for some dinner. Have a great Boston tomorrow!!!

Bad Ass

Nice job, pacer!

Blog