Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/1/2013 - April Running Fools Day (Read 17 times)

Julia1971

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Good morning foolish runners!  I'm so glad I realized it's April Fool's Day early today because I'm so gullible.

My hamstrings are still very sore.  My schedule says 6 with strides but I'm definitely going to pass on the strides and I may cut the mileage down, too.  I'll see how I feel when I head out there.

I did some stretching last night and am kinda shocked by how much flexibility I've lost in the last couple of years.  I really need to start stretching.  I hate stretching, though.  It seems like such a waste of time while I'm doing it.

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a short recovery run and weights.  I did 9 last night with 4 @ MP.  I could barely breathe for the 18 Saturday and yesterday I was all energetic breathing.  Weird!

Julia, hope your hamstring feels better.  If you end up doing the strides, do them slower.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Hope your hamstrings feel better soon. I'm pretty bad about stretching too. For a while last year, I was pretty regular about doing the routine in the Pfitz book a couple days a week after running, then when my mileage got higher I tended to skip it.

Docket: Glad you had a good run yesterday, hope you have a good recovery run and weights.

I can't run until later today, not sure how many I'll do, but at least 5-6. Shooting for about 35 miles this week, then next week I'll start my plan for the Peachtree (which means I'll have to finish making the plan sometime this week).

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Good morning! I'm working from home today and the weather forecast has me considering taking the afternoon off for a drive down to the trail for a nice run.  I'll have to wait and see how the morning unfolds.

Julia - I am right there with you with stretching. I hate doing it but I really need to.  I hope your hamstring soreness passes soon and your run is enjoyable.

Damaris - Good luck with the recovery run and weights later.  I hope the breathing continues to be good like yesterday and not crappy like the day before.  I imagine it can be very frustrating never knowing how your body will react until you get going.  You seem to deal with that well.

NTS - Cross posted.  Have a good run later and good luck finishing your plan.  Are you writing your own plan from scratch or are you using something as a guide?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Morning, no time for personals...

Cross fit this AM, then maybe a 3-4 mile run (I was pretty sore yesterday, so may take an URD), plus *MAYBE* some paddle boarding this PM.

Rest of the week:

Tuesday: I work, but if I rest today, I will do 3-4 miles on the treadmill, then doing some paddle boarding (I'm going to be a member of a SUP race team this summer, so I have to train).  Otherwise if I run today, then rest and PM SUP

Wednesday: 6-8 miles

Thursday: 3-4 miles *hopefully* (packet pick up starts, so I'm sure to be BUSY!!!)

Friday: 6-8 miles

Saturday: Rest/Race Directing today!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

CompetitiveChik

never heard from coach about what I should do today so I'll be takin it off. I'll email/txt her later.

gotta git. cuttin it too close this morning

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

got up at the usual time but skipped the run and came to work....probably the third consecutive RD for me....not feeling too well and may go home sick

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all...I ran 6.5 this morning.  I ran in some older shoes, hoping that they would work still for easy miles even if they're out of the tempo rotation, but they're shot.  I ended up skipping my hill sprints because the shoes just weren't feeling good on my feet at all.  RIP Asics Skyspeed, you lived a good 444 miles.

Hope you all have a good day that is both ache and pain free.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

It is frustrating, especially when it happens on race day.  As soon as I crossed the starting line at the LA Marathon, I knew it was one of those days.  It sucks when you're trying to PR, but meh, the only that cares about that is me, haha.

Good morning! I'm working from home today and the weather forecast has me considering taking the afternoon off for a drive down to the trail for a nice run.  I'll have to wait and see how the morning unfolds.

Julia - I am right there with you with stretching. I hate doing it but I really need to.  I hope your hamstring soreness passes soon and your run is enjoyable.

Damaris - Good luck with the recovery run and weights later.  I hope the breathing continues to be good like yesterday and not crappy like the day before.  I imagine it can be very frustrating never knowing how your body will react until you get going.  You seem to deal with that well.

NTS - Cross posted.  Have a good run later and good luck finishing your plan.  Are you writing your own plan from scratch or are you using something as a guide?

Blog

PressingOn

Hi all!  I'm back.  Though with my lack of posting lately you could all assume this is simply an April Fool's joke and it's not really me.  Smile  Sorry.  The weather has been unusually warm and sunny, my running has been not as high mileage as I recovered from the last marathon, we've had a cold running back and forth through our family, grandma's illness & funeral and the travel, and I found myself wanting to do anything but get on the computer.  Sometimes I need to mentally step away from the online time sucker and actually get stuff done in the real world.  But, mileage is back in high gear this week as I prep for my May marathon and spring break has begun so ... I'll enter the online world again.  I've missed you guys.

Julia - Stretching is good for you. Do it! I actually enjoy stretching. I think it feels awesome. I just got the "Yoga for Athlete's" dvd and am loving the stretches it has.

Damaris - Well, at least the breathing seems to be on the right track. Hope the energetic trend continues.

Swift - Enjoy your run today!

Scott - Hope you can take some time for a run today.

Jodi - Enjoy whatever you wind up doing today for exercise.

CC - Enjoy the rest today.

Marco - Feel better soon!

SIAR - Good idea to not risk an injury running in worn out shoes.

My 5K on Saturday went pretty good.  It was a small race ... 18 runner's.  Good note, I came in 1st place female and 2nd overall.  On a bad note, I'm not sure of my finish time.  The last reading I had on my Garmin was 27:45 but I forgot to turn the thing off at the end and I'm not sure how much time passed between me finishing and realizing it was still running (small race so no big timing clock).  And of course, I didn't check it from mile 2 on so I can't even say where I was at mile 3.  The results have me listed as 26:30 but I'm not entirely sure that's correct.  The results also had me listed as 1st place finisher overall and had me as finishing the 10K which I did not run.  I would love the 26:30 to be correct though as that would be a PR.  Dang, does this mean I'll have to run another hard 5K?  This one hurt.  There was a cold fog and it was burning my lungs to breath it in.  I've been fighting the cough/cold my husband and daughter have had and wow, cold fog was quite irritating to my throat.  It made me think of how Damaris must feel when she tries to run with her asthma.  I had a bit of a cough the rest of the day after but it's all gone now.  Phew.  Last time that happened in a race (snow and wind) I went home with pneumonia.  It felt just like that and sorta psyched me out on the course.

Hope you all had a great Easter!  I'm heading over to read all your RR's now.  Finally.  Smile

thinkin about glory days

Hi, Everyone-  I did a little over 5 this morning at a nice easy pace.  My little streak ended last week at 9 days - my legs just needed a break.  Probably not a good idea to start a streak from just about a month of no running.  If I didn't know better, I would think that my scale was playing an April Fool's joke on me.  I'm up almost 17 lbs. since my last marathon in November.  Yikes!  Time to get serious.

Julia, good luck with the stretching - I'm terrible with it too.  We should have some sort of running game that gives you extra points for stretching.

Damaris, I hope your breathing stays under control.

NTS, hope you enjoy your 5-6.

Scott, you picked a great day for a trail run.

Jodi, sounds like a good week.

CC, enjoy the day off.

Marco, hope you feel better soon.

SIAR, so sad about the shoes - have they discontinued the Skyspeed?  I feel like every time I search for shoes on sale, the Skyspeed comes up.

PO, 26:30 for a 10K?  That's gotta be a world record! Smile

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

jackdyl11

Oh my god I'm starting to freak out about my marathon already.  I have 5 weeks to go.  This is gonna get ugly.  Also, can't forget to get all worked up about this weekend's race! I'm planning on 10 tonight, and will then start taking it easy to rest up.

Julia - That's good that you're not worried about your hamstrings.  I'm the least flexible person in the world.  I can't sit indian style, my legs don't bend that way.  That is definitely something I need to work on and might be why I keep getting hurt.

DR - Glad you're feeling better.  That must be kinda scary

NTS - Enjoy the run!

Scott - Have fun on the trails! I'm happy the weather has finally turned (for good dammit) too.

Jojo - Good luck on the last week before your race! You must be pretty busy this week, good luck finding time for all that working out.

CC - Have a nice rest day!

Marco - ouch, that sounds pretty bad.  Hope you feel better soon.

SIAR - 444 is pretty good.  I bet you'll speed up 15 seconds/mile in new shoes.

Pressing - Congrats on the victory! Those low key races are my favorite! I always talk myself into the big ones, but I think I have more fun when it is a small group of people.  The 62 yo that came "second" in my last 10k (2x5k course) also ran about a 26:30.  The RD didn't understand my sarcasm when I pointed that out to him.  The 14 yo that "won" ran about 24:00. It took them 2 months to sort that one out.

Hill - Smart taking a break when you need it, instead of another longer break when you're forced to.  Streaks are cool but PRs are cooler! (I wish I followed that advice a little closer sometimes though)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jack...I'm having a pre-marathon freak today too. I don't know why, training has been great. I'm scared I may have peaked, but for no reason since I know a marathon peak is way longer than something like an 800m race peak. Hopefully we can get our heads together.

Pressing...nice to see a on. Great win!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Hi!  I kept reading the thread all day but never had a chance to post.  Hope everybody is doing well.

3.14 and heavy weights done.  The HR went crazy and apparently, my recovery run was run at MP heart rate, haha.  Mostly it was the top was too tight and moving my HRM.  Bah.

Blog