JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good morning.

It's snowing!  Right now, there's a light layer of snowy frost on the grass and the sidewalks don't look so bad.  The weather lady says it'll be a couple more hours before the real snow hits, so I'm thinking of heading out in another hour or two.  If it's slippery, I'm guessing my gym will be open.  The streak should live to see another day!  And, the government is closed so I don't have to go in to work today.

I had my first taper madness dream/nightmare last night.  I won't bore you with the details but it was the typical, "the race starts and I realize I don't have my running shoes"-type nightmare.  So, while I'm not showing my race day anxiety outwardly, my subconscious has decided it's not done with it, yet.  Smile

Time for coffee...

Brains aint me forte

Good morning,

SRD for me. The achilles soreness is just barely noticeable today. I'm going to take two days rest and resume running on Friday.  I ordered a new pair of shoes that are supposed to arrive Friday.  Unlike most of you guys, I only keep ONE pair of running shoes at a time. I run in them every day until they wear out, then I buy new ones.  I've read lots of stuff about rotating shoes, etc.. but I'm all MEH on the subject.

Julia - Enjoy your run today and your day off. I have to work from home but that still beats driving to the office.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jackdyl11

Up and watching Little Einsteins...yay.

Got another slow 8 last night.  I don't think I'm recovered yet so I'll just do another easy run today and hopefully get some faster miles in tomorrow somehow.  I think we got an inch last night, maybe 2.

Just a slow 4 mile run on the treadmill this morning.  I had to check my gps this morning when I got up to see if my house was still in the same location.  The wind was brutal all night.  This was my last run before Saturday's 10k.  Then it is serious taper time until the Shamrock.

A couple of people at work said they saw a snowflake or two.  I guess that means there will be a run on the local food stores.

jojo61397

4-5 miles plus cross fit.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all...just going to run 5 easy with the group tonight. I need to be smart, so I'm going to try.

Julia...sorry for the spoiler! You always seem to watch before me.

Scott...hope the rest helps. One shoe? Weirdness Smile

Jack...sounds like you're training smartly.

RVD...hope the house didn't move too far.

Jodi...have a good day.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I think I just beat the storm.  At the beginning of the run, it was windy rain but by the end, big fat flakes were falling.  And, it was super quick - 8:34 pace.  It felt easy, though.

Scott, Happy to hear the Achilles is behaving.  We're down to 10 days!

Jack, Enjoy the educational television!  Smile

RVD, Enjoy the mini-taper.

JoJo, Busy day!  Hope the workouts are good ones.

SIAR, Seriously, no worries.  I may watch it today.  I have lots of stuff in my Tivo to clear.

Brains aint me forte

Jack - Enjoy the easy run today.  I'm glad you are being smart about your recovery.

RVD - At least the wind wasn't enough to make your house land on a witch.  That caused all sorts of trouble for a girl from Kansas.

Jodi - Enjoy your workouts today.  How is your son's knee?

SIAR - Have fun on the smart 5 miler.  Maybe a certain someone will be there to help you keep your pace slower?

Julia - Good job beating the storm and keeping the streak going. Snow has been falling steadily all morning up here.

Back to work for a while and then I have a date with my foam roller.

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 recovery miles for later.

i'll get back here when I get to the office.  I've been in court all morning.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hi all!  Sorry I missed posting yesterday.  I was gone much of the day.  Did a nice 50 minute thereabouts walk while my group ran ahead of me.  I hate walking on the running trail.  Though my legs were happy with simply walking my heart yearned to run.  And besides, it's hard on the ego to be seen walking.  I want to say, "I just ran a marathon.  That's why I'm walking today."

Today I have an hour easy recovery spin on my bike.  And housework.  Oh my, has my house suffered these past few days.  My husband is a patient man.

Julia - Aren't taper dreams fun? I do believe I had a race dream last night. I'm not tapering now. What's up with that? I can't recall the details, just that I had a dream about a race.  Sounds like a great snowy run. I haven't been able to run in snow all winter. I miss it.

Scott - Glad the achilles is better. Enjoy the new shoes! As for rotating, I find my shoes seem to last longer since I jumped on that bandwagon. I've found it's worth it.

Jackdyll - Ah, I remember Little Einsteins. Now I get SpongeBob and all those lame made for tweens shows on Nick. Enjoy that recovery run today.

RVD - Funny about checking your gps to determine the location of your house. Glad the wind didn't blow you away.

Jodi - Hi!

SIAR - I agree about TAR. That's all I'll say so I don't accidentally spoil any more of it for Julia. Glad to hear you're going to try and be smart. Let us know if you succeed. Big grin Ha ha.

Damaris - Have a good one today!

Brains aint me forte

Pressing - Good self control!  I'm sure it must be hard to hold yourself back when everyone else is running.  Maybe you could get a t-shirt to wear the first few days after racing that says "The reason I'm walking is because I just ran a marathon. Otherwise I'd be happily running circles around your lazy self."

Damaris - Have a nice recovery run later.

I've never raced in a 10 miler before.  After seeing the swag being offered at the Baltimore 10 Miler this coming June, I might have to give it a go.

Bad Ass

have you arlready requested Maniac admission?????  Remind me to add you to their FB group.

Hi all!  Sorry I missed posting yesterday.  I was gone much of the day.  Did a nice 50 minute thereabouts walk while my group ran ahead of me.  I hate walking on the running trail.  Though my legs were happy with simply walking my heart yearned to run.  And besides, it's hard on the ego to be seen walking.  I want to say, "I just ran a marathon.  That's why I'm walking today."

Today I have an hour easy recovery spin on my bike.  And housework.  Oh my, has my house suffered these past few days.  My husband is a patient man.

Julia - Aren't taper dreams fun? I do believe I had a race dream last night. I'm not tapering now. What's up with that? I can't recall the details, just that I had a dream about a race.  Sounds like a great snowy run. I haven't been able to run in snow all winter. I miss it.

Scott - Glad the achilles is better. Enjoy the new shoes! As for rotating, I find my shoes seem to last longer since I jumped on that bandwagon. I've found it's worth it.

Jackdyll - Ah, I remember Little Einsteins. Now I get SpongeBob and all those lame made for tweens shows on Nick. Enjoy that recovery run today.

RVD - Funny about checking your gps to determine the location of your house. Glad the wind didn't blow you away.

Jodi - Hi!

SIAR - I agree about TAR. That's all I'll say so I don't accidentally spoil any more of it for Julia. Glad to hear you're going to try and be smart. Let us know if you succeed. Big grin Ha ha.

Damaris - Have a good one today!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Pressing - Good self control!  I'm sure it must be hard to hold yourself back when everyone else is running.  Maybe you could get a t-shirt to wear the first few days after racing that says "The reason I'm walking is because I just ran a marathon. Otherwise I'd be happily running circles around your lazy self."

Damaris - Have a nice recovery run later.

I've never raced in a 10 miler before.  After seeing the swag being offered at the Baltimore 10 Miler this coming June, I might have to give it a go.

Damn!  I'd run it too for that!  Too bad it's so far away.

Brains aint me forte

Damn!  I'd run it too for that!  Too bad it's so far away.

The race organizer,  Corrigan Sports always has good stuff.  This is the jacket that I got from the Frederick Half Marathon last May.

Well this isn't the one that I got. I either lost mine or someone lost it for me. Cry