JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good morning, runners!

14 miles on the schedule for me today.  Getting up this late means I'll need to run it in to work.  Another last - I think this will be the last time I'll need to run in to work!  W00t!  My legs are a sore this morning - I'm guessing it's DOMS from the intervals on Monday - but I'm hoping after a few miles, they'll feel okay.  I'm considering today, after this run, as the start of my taper - all I'll have left is a 17 mile long run and a couple of short runs with some speed work or MP miles tossed in.

Jack, Wow, he must have been fast.  Maybe he'll join you all more often.  Might be fun.

Pressing, I love discovering new running trails.  Fun!  Are you an auntie today?  Very jealous that you're a comfortable public speaker.  It's my SMART goal at work this year to become better at it.  In addition to the speech yesterday, I'm speaking at a career development function tomorrow.

Marco, Good job getting the miles in with that hectic schedule of yours.

Swift, I forgot you have a 10K this weekend.  And, it's good that you can run part of the course.  I'm a big fan of taking out all of the mystery on race day so I can just focus on running.

SIAR, I hung out in the library in high school with all the other quiet, nerdy-types.  LOL!  I've become more extroverted over time but it's really taken a lot of mental gymnastics to get me here.  But I've realized this year that if I want to move into more senior management and leadership positions at work, this is something I have to become comfortable with.

jojo61397

Julia-- morning!  Hope you have a good 14

I'm doing cross fit + 6-8 miles.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  SRD for me but with temps expected to be in the mid 50's I'm going to get in an easy 5 instead.  I'm out of coffee in my office (I have one of those little 4 cup things on my desk) so I'll run my last mile carrying a pound of coffee back from the grocery store. :-)

Marco - I'm glad your foot issue went away.  I guess it was just a bruise?

Aunt PressingOn - Did you find out about your new addition to the family?  Your post made me miss trail running! I haven't run on my favorite trail for a few weeks because I needed to get some long runs in mixed terrain. I might do my last LR (16) on the trail this weekend and work on running at MP.

Jack - That is one fast dude.  Do you think running with someone that much faster than you on a regular basis would help you improve your (already considerable) speed?

Julia - I hope the run in to work went well this morning and you managed to stay dry.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Jodi - Cross posted.  Enjoy the x-fit + 6-8.  <--- That almost looks like algebra.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Jodi - Cross posted.  Enjoy the x-fit + 6-8.  <--- That almost looks like algebra.

If X= 8.... LOL

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Yesterday evening I was scheduled to do 2wu+8(400@5kw400r)+2cd but accidentally selected the wrong workout on my Garmin and was doing 2wu+12(400@5kw200r)+2cd.  I noticed that something was wrong when the Garmin beeped at the end of the first speed lap and I saw that I still had 11 left.  So I thought I would just do 8 of the 12 and then I could stop the watch and just do my easy 2 cd.  But after 200 meters it beeped again and then I realized that the recovery intervals were also shorter than planned.  So I gave it a try anyway.  After 4 intervals my hamstring was getting sore.  I did two more without the hamstring improving and then pulled the plug on the last two intervals.  I was sure I was going to strain the muscle again.  So, I just did a slow 3.78 miles to bring the total up to the required 8.  I think I would have been ok if I had had the quarter mile recoveries, but 200 meters was just not quite enough.

I am getting a bit worried about that 10k I have coming up a week from Saturday.  I had wanted to race it and try to go fast.  But I'm a bit worried about its only being 8 days before the Shamrock.

Today is a SRD and I'll take is as such this time instead of doing anything on the treadmill.  The taper is slowly beginning!  Tomorrow is just 2wu+8MP+2cd.  Hope the wind dies down a bit.  It is between 20 and 30 mph now.

fake it till you make it

Good morning!  Or, should I say good night? Finished up another night shift, about to head to bed.  Thank goodness today is a SRD for me.

Julia enjoy your last foot-commute to work!  My running buddy and I often talk about how funny it is that we refer to some runs as "only" 8  miles or and "easy 16,"  the thought of which never would have seemed possible before I started running.  Your "all I have left" comment made me think of that- your taper is still more respectable than what most folks do every day working out (or not working out).  Hope the DOMS shook out on the run.

Jodi enjoy your algebra workout CF+8

Scott out of coffee? Gasp! That is an all out emergency on our house.

RVD that dang hammie.  Is shamrock your big goal race?  If so I say skip the 10k.  That close to the marathon it really isn't going to improve your fitness to race it.  And while I suppose you could run the 10K as a fun/easy run, it can be too easy to get caught up in the crowd and adrenaline and still push it.  Give the hammie some time to get a chance to heal.

A few more emails to check, a lot of chocolate chip pumpkin banana bread to eat (I have no self control with that stuff, I will eat the whole loaf by day's end) then off to bed for me.  I am giving up all junk food and liquor starting March 1 until Boston to help me shed the last few pounds to get to lean race-weight. This is going to be tough, chips and beer are how I relax at the end of the day.   47 days to boston!

Bad Ass

Morning!  I was supposed to be in court all day, but we moved something and I should be finishing soon.  My sacrum is still out of place, but not painful, so I'm going to try my 12 miler tonight.  We'll see.  Listening to my body.

Julia, I think my race is 06/16 for SF, so when you can, please change that.  Not sure if I'll do the 03/09 HM because of packet pickup issues (and the fact that I don't want to race anything but marathons, bah), but we'll see.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

RVD, if Shamrock is the goal race, skip the 10K.  You don't want to get injured this close.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

Hey Goober Heads

got in a nice speed session this morning. total of jsut over 5.25 miles. 2 w/u and c/d with 2min run and 1min walk. then headed to the gym for a 45min spin.

gotta git. I'm at work and need to stretch before the doors open

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

PressingOn

Hi all!  No baby yet.  Hospital sent them home and my sil is supposed to go back to the doctor tonight.  They told them there's a 60/40% chance of a baby tonight (she's having a C-section) so I guess they are just determining if the baby is ready.  It's already measuring around 10lbs.  Not surprising as my brother was an 11lb baby.  My dd was 9.6 and numerous cousins of mine were in the 10lb range (we grow 'em big).  My brother was the reigning champ though.  My poor mom.  She's only 5'2".  Yeah, she was huge with him.  Anyway, we'll see if baby comes this evening.

I have an hour of easy spinning on the bike today.  It's looking to be a gorgeous day so I might take it outside.  We'll see.  I have to find my helmet (dh put it somewhere in the garage, thanks dh - sarcasm) and check my tires first.

Jackdyll - Funny how having someone fast on your tail will push you on like that. It is also good for keeping one humble when they pass ya by with barely a pant. By the way, my dh and I love Raising Hope. We thought last night was a fun episode. We're amazed by how many people don't know about the show.

Julia - Taper, taper, taper! Join the madness with us! I'm actually quite introverted in a group or one on one. I have to force myself to speak up. Being upfront I can put on a different persona and go with it. Good job challenging yourself though. It's a struggle for many people! Just put on a smile and fake it!

Jodi - Have fun at Cross-fit! We have a facility in town but don't know that I'll ever try it, especially if it involves algebra!!

Scott - Perhaps you should brew a cup of coffee to drink while you run as well? Lol. My marathon this weekend will be a trail run. I'm a little nervous about how my legs will hold up on it considering I just ran that last marathon. That said, I'm also excited for the experience. Running through the woods will be peaceful. I think you should run your next LR on the trail.

RVD - I'm happy the hamstring is at least cooperating enough to let you run and you're not totally laid up. SRD sounds like a good plan today. Maybe that will be the thing you need. I agree with the others on the 10K.

JenRosie - Good luck giving up all junk food. I said that a lot on this training cycle. I'd say it in the a.m. and by evening I'd be eating something yummy. Sigh. I totally agree about the "only running" comments. I sometimes get eye rolls when I say something like that around non-runner's. I don't mean to but my frame of mind really has changed and I don't even think about it sounding snarky or braggy.

Damaris - Hope the 12 miles goes well today. You seem to have issue after issue in running and yet you push through. Good for you!

CC - How's my taper partner? This weekend girly!

CompetitiveChik

CC - How's my taper partner? This weekend girly!

It's actually goin pretty well. Coach is keepin me busy so I haven't been just sittin around. But I guess on the flip side of that I'm kinda panicking that maybe I'm doin too much. But she's gotten quite a few of her ppl to BQ so I'm gonna go with it

Julia1971

The medium run went well. I was actually able to hit my paces despite the achy legs. Knowing it was my last run in certainly helped. And, the sun was out!!! It seems like so long since I ran with the sun on my face. It was awesome. Well, off to lunch... Wait, have we heard from Just B.S. Post-Disney?

JoJo, Have fun with your workouts.

Scott, You should try to get out even for a quick run. It's a little windy but still nice.

RVD, I agree about not racing the 10K. I wouldn't overwork that hamstring.

JenRosie, Have a good "night"! You're right - my taper mileage is other people's peak mileage. LOL! Scary... I've been pushing back the day when I give up wine. The fat melts off me when I stop drinking, which can be a little scary - when I get under 120, I start looking a bit too thin.

D_R, I fixed San Fran. Let me know if I can fix anything else.

CC, "Goober heads" - LOL! Hope you had good workouts today.

Pressing, I bet SIL is ready to have that baby out! I'm so happy to be tapering. Although, I realized I have to cut my hair. LOL! I hope I don't get too scissor happy.

CompetitiveChik

Julia1971 can you please add Texas Independence Relay to the list? Its 3/23-24. NO goal just gonna have fun with it. It's 200miles and 10 of us are runnin it. I have total of about 20miles so far that they've assigned me.