September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Brains aint me forte

Good morning runners.  I have 10 on the schedule today but I'm tempted to run 12 instead just because of the date.  What ya got?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have my MLR but it won't be 12 Joking.

Very sleepy tonight.  Hoping the brief DC is working on is ready for me to file so that I can finally breathe.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

3 recovery miles for me and 30 min of yoga, done. 

I never did get out last night for the 6. I was just too tired and knew I had to be up super early this morning. so I decided to skip it. 

I'm gonna have to get my list of races together so someone can add me to the list of races.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Scott, Docket, and CC-

7.2 mile fartlek run for me this morning with 4 x 3 min. hard.  That was alot tougher than I thought it would be.  But now I can eat guilty-free at the office Holiday party this afternoon.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Finally PRed!!!

Morning, everyone!

Hope your runs are great, Scott and DR.

CC, sounds like it was a good idea to skip it, nice job with the recovery run and yoga.

hill: great job with the fartlek run, enjoy the party.

I'm planning to do some 1000s later. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Julia1971

Scott, How far did you decide to go?  Did the foot hold up?

Docket Rocket, Hope you can catch up on your sleep soon.

Hilltopper, Are you following a Daniels plan?  I seem to recall he has some tough interval workouts like that.  Have fun at the office party.

I did a 6 mile recovery run with a 5:00 break for form drills, which took the form of high knees and skipping.  It felt pretty good.  Looking ahead, I have my first marathon pace run coming up this weekend, so, I'm feeling the need to nail down what I'm gunning for in March.  But, I think Boston and New York messed with my head in that I think I'm a little afraid of setting a goal time when anything could happen to derail all my training.  Ugh.  I just need to get over it, I guess...  My office holiday party is today.  We did a good job decorating the room yesterday and have to put out all the food and drinks this morning.  It's been a lot of work.  I hope people have a good time.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jojo61397

Scott:  That sounds like fun, I should have skipped my 15 miler yesterday and did 12 today

D-- Hopefully the weather will be a little more runner friendly.

CC-- What's your next race?

Hilltopper-- I'm all about guiltfree.  I'm worried about Christmas in MN though

NTS-- I <3 speedwork

Julia-- I know what you mean, I'm so scared about planning goals for anything.

Rest day today.  Watched Parenthood last night, and it was a real downer.  My grandpa died on Christmas Day, so this has always been a tough time of year.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                  Sub- 1:45 hour half.

thinkin about glory days

Hilltopper, Are you following a Daniels plan?  I seem to recall he has some tough interval workouts like that.  Have fun at the office party.

I'm not really following any plan right now - just trying to build up miles before I start a more structured program after the new year.  But, you're right, this is a Daniels workout that I had done at the beginning of my last training cycle and liked.

Where did you learn your form drills?  I've tried some that I found online, but have never made it a regular part of my training.  It seems like a really important thing to do.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 12 miles in a chilly 38 degrees (chilly because of wind around 8 MPH). Core 9.5 miles were around 69% HRR (151 BPM) and around 8:03 pace.

Good morning Scott. I didn't think of the 12 for the date, but that really worked out well. :-) 

Good morning CC.

Must go to work. Hope to catch up later.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Just B.S.

Morning everyone! Ah yes 12/12/12,,,,,that means I only have 14 days left before I say goodbye to 50!

25 years ago I never even gave a thought to be 50 years old let alone think I would be sad to see it go!LOL

I got in 6.5 miles last night.  The last  mile sort of sucked, I was running toward town and hubby was picking me

up on his way home (we do that kind of thing often)when I felt the need to make a pit stop and then realized every

single tree and shrub is now totally devoid of leaves and there is no cover anywhere!!! Worst time of year!LOL

On this particular route, as on most of mine, there are no stores or public facilities. So I had to slow down and

hope he came along in a hurry.Roll eyes

10 planned for today. Hoping it's not too windy because it's only 15 out there right now.

Julia, I hope your party goes well and lots of people show up!

SIAR, although we have a very active running community we are in one of the most obese provinces in Canada,

our rate is 30% as opposed to national average of 18%. One of the many reasons we have always tried to model

an active healthy lifestyle for our kids.

Hockey is king here and we have double the national per capita number of hockey rinks!LOL  Another thing that

make it difficult in our city is that it is very very old. The oldest incorporated city in Canada in fact, with narrow old

streets and not much room for putting  a bike lane anywhere. If anyone has ever been to Quebec City you could use

that as a reasonable comparison for our downtown. Also the city (we live in the burbs) doesn't have a lot of money.

The burbs and the city don't cooperate very well on issues like that as the city is constantly harping about people

moving to the burbs and taking the tax revenue $$ with them so bike lanes giving access to the city aren't going

to happen.

In the "twin city" burbs where  i live they have made an effort by painting "biking symbols" on the roads but there is

no room to widen the roads or have actual bike lanes so really it's a nice gesture but doesn't contribute at all to

the safety of riders.

And because cycling is so challening here it is  one of the least popular sports so no money will be invested in that

area.  Cycling here is just about as challenging as running here......hills hills everywhere....our city is famous for the

steepest main street in Canada with an 8% grade, hills like that are pretty common..............think San Francisco but

not on steriods.

The good thing is that all with a relatively small running/cycling community we are all either  friends or recognize

each other when we are out and about!LOL

Have a good one folks!!

PressingOn

Good morning everybody!  6:50 a.m. for me here and one kid has been out the door for school for 20 minutes.  The 2nd kid still has an hour to go.  Anyway, I've got a SRD scheduled for today.  I still have 30 minutes of core/balance to get done though.  I'm hoping to use the non workout time to sort through all the boxes of Christmas gifts that have arrived by mail.  I need to figure out where I stand on gifts.  

Marco - Well, good job on the shopping. I'm impressed. A day off here and there woudl be helpful. Hope you get a few 10 miler's in.

CC - Sounds like it was wise to listen to your body last night and skip the 6. You just ran a marathon. A little break is okay.

Julia - Enjoy the party! I was amazed (pun intended) at how cohesive all the teams were this year on TAR. Not only within their core groups of two but also the alliances. Personally, I thought it was nice to see people getting along for the most part although there were times dh and I were saying, "It's a race!" I was kind of rooting for the Chippendales. Not cause they were Chippendales Wink but because I thought they were funny.

Scott - And what does your foot think you should run, huh? Wink

Damaris - Hope your run gives you a little pep for the day and then you can sleep well tonight.

Hill - Sounds like a difficult workout but eating guilt free at a party is a great reward.

Swift - Enjoy those 1000's!

Jodi - Ah man, I'm behind on Parenthood. Now I don't know if I want to watch it today. Christmas Day is a difficult day to lose someone you love.

Markrice - And now you can say you did 12 on 12/12/12. Lucky you!  That did work out well.  

Beth - At least it was in the last mile and not toward the beginning miles. Too bad there isn't an on/off switch for those "needs". Going for a run ... OFF!

Bad Ass

12/12/12  Has a nice ring to it.

Anywho, yesterday I must've moved wrong because my lower back is in pain.  Chiro before my run is a must now.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

I'll have to catch up later. Now at work after doing 11 (should've done 12) in 16 degree weather.  Took DW to a doctor's appointment and came straight here.

Hope you're having a good day!

Just B.S.

I'll have to catch up later. Now at work after doing 11 (should've done 12) in 16 degree weather.  Took DW to a doctor's appointment and came straight here.

Hope you're having a good day!

Wore my  running jacket for the first time yesterday and will be wearing it again today.

Up until now our weather (as Marco knows) has been unseasonably warm many days.

I've been getting away with my running vest and 2 or 3 layers.

16 with wind makes it too cold for the vest so now I feel like winter is finally arriving.Sad

Headed out now for 10.

See you all later!