September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

October:

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good morning!  Hope I started this right.  (When I cut and pasted it some of the returns were missing Sad ).

Off for a 12 mile medium run into work.  I took a lot of days off after NYCM training and battled a stomach flu last week.  Today marks the first time in a long while that I will have run 7 days straight.

Bad Ass

Morning!  Good run last night and more tonight.

Julia, you did it right.  Sometimes the format gets screwed up.  I need to add my races, but for now, can you add:

Docket_Rocket - 12/14 - Oleta Trail Half Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 12/29 - iRun Half Marathon

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

Morning Julia and Docket...

Scheduled Rest Day today...  I had some insomnia this morning, was up at 4:00 AM.  I feel pretty good after this last 20 miler, which I'm happy to have made the right choice in lower my distance yesterday.

Trying to figure out how to get back on a regular schedule for next week, normally I do:

Monday: Easy mid range run 6-8 miles

Tuesday: Long

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: 7-8 miles

Friday: 5-6 miles

Saturday: Off

Sunday: 10-14

Figuring I'll have to do either three rest days this week, or run 4 days in a row.  Any thoughts?

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

You never do 4 runs in a row?  I do it all the time so it wouldn't be an issue. But if you're not used to it, then take the extra RDs.

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning.  Very early running for me today as I was out the door by 6:20 (I know, lots of you are done with runs by then).  I was supposed to meet a group of people, but nobody was there.  I felt kinda dumb about it, but just went out and did 11.88 at an easy pace on my own anyway.  I was already thinking that one group run a week was enough for me, so maybe people not showing up was just a sign that it wasn't meant to be.

NotSwift...Didn't get a chance to say hi yesterday.  Nice job on your 12 miles.  I'm not familiar with Back on My Feet.  What is their goal?

Julia...Wow, brownie points for you starting the post on day 2 already!  That's good that you found a group to run with for a bit.  Running a little under pace is probably a good thing every once in a while anyway.  My mileage is just starting to ramp back up too, after doing a Sept. sprint tri and just kinda taking it easy after that.  Do you run into work often?

Docket...Is that like rookie hazing, making Julia edit the calendar already? ha  I love your race schedule.  I'm always so impressed.

Jodi...How did the cookies turn out?  That's great that your legs are feeling good.  As for the runs, I'd just run the additional day as well and run it a recovery pace (slower than your normal easy run).

Pressing...That shopping will get to ya!  I have no clue this year what to do for people.  Some years gifts are so obvious.  This is not one of those years.  Thanks for the counter link - certainly looks easy enough to use.  Running today?

Hill...Did you get new shoes?

Hi to everyone else...hope you all have great runs.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

Hi folks.  It looks like another URD for me.  I planned to hit the gym at lunch and use the elliptical machine but a brain malfunction has ruled that out.  DW and I are going out to dinner straight from the office today and I just realized that I left my wallet and my cell phone at home.  So my new lunch plans are to drive home and fetch them.

The foot is feeling better but the pain isn't gone entirely.  I'm thinking about running a couple miles tomorrow to see how it feels. Fingers crossed that the pain doesn't come back.  I have 15 on the schedule for Saturday but I'm not sure how to deal with that.  I'm sure I could do it if my foot feels ok, I'm just not sure if I should.  Anyone have thoughts on that?

Julia - Thanks for getting us started today, it looks fine to me.  Good job on the 12 and your streak. Do you plan to keep it up?

Damaris - I'm glad you were able to get in a good, asthma free, run last night.  I hope it continues today.

Jodi - Sometimes I have sleep issues after long runs.  Does that happen to you often or was last night unusual.  I rarely have two nights in a row of bad sleep, so hopefully that is true for you too and tonight will be better.  Enjoy the rest day.  How did the cookies turn out?

Backtracking to people I didn't reply to yesterday....

NTS - Congrats on finding the new running group.  I'm not familiar with "Back on my Feet", can you give us a summary?

PressingOn - The comment about supporting your habit made me laugh.  My DW is not a runner but she can out last me at the mall any time. I'm a typical guy in that I don't shop, I buy.  Going to the mall is like a military mission.  Scout out the target, swiftly move in for the kill and then beat a hasty retreat.

SIAR - Good job on the double yesterday.  I'm soooo jealous of your speed it isn't funny.  I'll never be that speedy but I do hope to increase my speed somewhat over the next couple years.  I hope your 12 this morning went well too.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...Thank you, that's very nice of you to say.  It's odd, I really didn't have much speed growing up, and didn't really get to where I'm at until after my first marathon.  Of course, I still get my butt handed to me plenty, and am just so darn fragile, so I have plenty to stay humble about.  Once you get healthy you can definitely see some big jumps in your speed with the right training.  As for the 15 this weekend, I would definitely just say to scrap it.  I don't see a race on the calendar for you until March, so even if it feels like it, you're not falling behind.  I'd think about something in the 5-7 range, so long as it feels good if you get out tomorrow.  Have a great dinner with your wife.  Special occasion, or just a date night?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hey all.  I have an easy 3 miler today. 

Julia - 12 miles into work?  Good job. Do you have a place to shower at work?

Damaris - two more races to the calendar. Whoo hoo.

Jodi - Sorry about the insomnia. I hate when that happens. Like Scott, I also often have trouble sleeping after a lr.  4 days in a row won't kill you. Maybe if you're not used to it make one of 'em extra easy ... slower, a few less miles. Or take the extra rest day.  It's up to you.

SIAR - You know the other runner's were all hiding in the bushes snickering at you while you stood there all by yourself feeling dumb. They were hazing you. Just kiddin', of course. No reason to feel dumb because no one was there to see you were the only one to show up. And even so, so what? You're probably faster than all of them anyway! Good job running anyway!

Scott - I wouldn't push it until the pain is gone entirely. My brother, who is a physical therapist and personal trainer, once told me to wait 3 whole days after the pain is gone (course, he's not a runner). You might be able to push that on a short, easy run but 15 miles could easily re-aggravate an injury and going back to square one when you were almost healed is no fun. I play it cautious now because I've been burned one too many times. It's feeling better, let it get better. JMHO though.  Sorry about the lunch plans.  My brain does stupid stuff like that all the time.  Just the other day I got home and realized I'd left my purse at the Starbucks located 20 minutes from my home.  Ugh.  At least they had it but it was a lot of extra driving/gas.

Hello to all that follow!

Bad Ass

Two more races because I don't have the schedule in front of me but they are not the only ones t o add.

Scott, hoping you get to use the elliptical tomorrow, then.

Blog

Julia1971

The run in went well.  I averaged 8:25 pace over the 12 miles, which is about 15-20 sec/mile faster than what I was running a month or so ago.  I'm hoping it's not just that my legs are fresh from the recent rest days I've had and that I'm actually getting fitter/faster.

Docket_Rocket, I added your races.  I messed up and added them at the end and then I realized it's December already.  Rookie mistake.  Wink  How did December get here already? 

JoJo, since I'm new and don't know your history, it's hard for me to really say but I'm inclined to think you could do your normal Friday mileage tomorrow but then take easy or off days on the weekend since your long run is on Tuesday.

SIAR, sorry to hear about the no shows.  I usually run in to work for my medium runs during the week.  My commute is about 30-45 minutes, so it's great to use that time for something productive.  What's comical about it, though, is that I'm only about 6 miles from work, so I end up running out of my way to make the mileage what it needs to be.

Scott, I'm hoping to keep it up.  There aren't any rest days in the Pfitz 18/80 plan.  But, I'm not planning on following it to the letter this time, so if I feel like I need a rest day, I'll take one.

Julia1971

PressingOn, we do have a shower here at work.  When I got in today, someone was using it.  Sad  So, I went and ate breakfast while she finished up.  That's one of the downsides of running in - sometimes there's a wait for the shower and I have to sit around in wet clothes.

Just B.S.

Hello Dailies!!!!!!!! Don't hate me because I've been gone all week!! I got sucked into the BF vortex and got

stuck there!! 

You guys have been so chatty I'm not going to go back and catch up but just jump back in.

Sunday ran 10, Monday 5.5, Tuesday off, Wed was supposed to be 10 turned into 5.5 when it started dumping

buckets. I was not dressed for it and it was a cold driving rain so I cut the run short. Real marathon training starts

again Christmas week so I'm enjoying being able to be flexible with my distances right now.

Julia, hi! I think you are new to this thread, but then again the rest of us are new here on R.A.!! Welcome.

Scott, I did read a few days ago about your troubles with the foot. How long has this been going on now?

I had issues with my right foot for 3 weeks after my Sept 30th full. I had never had an issue after a marathon,

or even soreness, so this was very unusual. But I did run 26.2 in pouring rain with soaking wet sneakers that 

I believe had little cushion support becuase of being so wet.  Within 2 hours after the race I could barely walk

without pain.  Anyway, foot felt better by Wed, tried running, sore during run. Took 2 more days off, same thing.

By the next Sunday I was convinced I must have a SFX. Over the  next 3 weeks it improved but very very slowly. 

I talked to me P/T and he was sure it was just some tissue trauma from the race and that it can often take

several weeks to heal, especially if I kept running on it.  Luckily it was still warm and I biked a lot instead until

the foot felt better.

Oddly enough my foot didn't hurt when I ran slow, only when I ran fast.

I had the same dilemna as you. 3 weeks after the full I had a 1/2 lined up. I was sure because of just having

done 4:20  PR marathon that I could finally after 2 years I was going to run a fairly flat half and really wanted to

try and run another sub 2. I came so close (2:01) on a very hard half in August so I really wanted to give it a try.

So I went to the race, took the first 2 miles very slow and easy to see how the foot felt. It felt good so I decided

to get up to speed and see what happened. I didn't feel the foot the entire race and ran my 1:57. I know I could

have gone 1:55 but I was 1 minute under pace the first 2 miles and had to make up that time...........................

.AND my foot has not bothered me since that day.

I would say try the race, see how the foot feels after the first 2 miles and then go from there. I really hope that l

ike me it's just a soft tissue trauma.

SIAR, I saw your photo on the BF. You are cute cute cute!! I really wish you lived here, I could hook you up with

so many of my running friends!LOL And yes I am totally obsessed with Amazing Race! I hate most other reality

TV.

OK gotta go!! Hi to everyone else. Try to get back later. I have one tree up, need to get another one up today and

then we will get our real tree for the family room this weekend.

Have a good one!

All day training at work, so only time at the desk is for lunch.  I did a little less than 7 earlier.  Just wasn't feeling it.  I thought about bagging in, but I have a little streak going, and want to break last year's mileage PR. 

Sorry, no time for personals.  Have to get back to class.  Have a good day.

Bad Ass

I am glad you now understand.  That happens a lot. 

Hello Dailies!!!!!!!! Don't hate me because I've been gone all week!! I got sucked into the BF vortex and got

stuck there!! 

You guys have been so chatty I'm not going to go back and catch up but just jump back in.

Sunday ran 10, Monday 5.5, Tuesday off, Wed was supposed to be 10 turned into 5.5 when it started dumping

buckets. I was not dressed for it and it was a cold driving rain so I cut the run short. Real marathon training starts

again Christmas week so I'm enjoying being able to be flexible with my distances right now.

Julia, hi! I think you are new to this thread, but then again the rest of us are new here on R.A.!! Welcome.

Scott, I did read a few days ago about your troubles with the foot. How long has this been going on now?

I had issues with my right foot for 3 weeks after my Sept 30th full. I had never had an issue after a marathon,

or even soreness, so this was very unusual. But I did run 26.2 in pouring rain with soaking wet sneakers that 

I believe had little cushion support becuase of being so wet.  Within 2 hours after the race I could barely walk

without pain.  Anyway, foot felt better by Wed, tried running, sore during run. Took 2 more days off, same thing.

By the next Sunday I was convinced I must have a SFX. Over the  next 3 weeks it improved but very very slowly. 

I talked to me P/T and he was sure it was just some tissue trauma from the race and that it can often take

several weeks to heal, especially if I kept running on it.  Luckily it was still warm and I biked a lot instead until

the foot felt better.

Oddly enough my foot didn't hurt when I ran slow, only when I ran fast.

I had the same dilemna as you. 3 weeks after the full I had a 1/2 lined up. I was sure because of just having

done 4:20  PR marathon that I could finally after 2 years I was going to run a fairly flat half and really wanted to

try and run another sub 2. I came so close (2:01) on a very hard half in August so I really wanted to give it a try.

So I went to the race, took the first 2 miles very slow and easy to see how the foot felt. It felt good so I decided

to get up to speed and see what happened. I didn't feel the foot the entire race and ran my 1:57. I know I could

have gone 1:55 but I was 1 minute under pace the first 2 miles and had to make up that time...........................

.AND my foot has not bothered me since that day.

I would say try the race, see how the foot feels after the first 2 miles and then go from there. I really hope that l

ike me it's just a soft tissue trauma.

SIAR, I saw your photo on the BF. You are cute cute cute!! I really wish you lived here, I could hook you up with

so many of my running friends!LOL

OK gotta go!! Hi to everyone else. Try to get back later. I have one tree up, need to get another one up today and

then we will get our real tree for the family room this weekend.

Have a good one!

Blog