Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/25/13 Spring Winter Wonderland (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

March:

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

We got snow today!  With 1-2" on the ground, it's our biggest snow fall of the last two years.  So, URD for me as my recovery run isn't important enough to take to the treadmill.  Government is open, so no day off.  Sad

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Good morning! URD for me too. I'm eager to get back out and run but not in the snow. I can't remember ever getting measurable snow around here this late. I think we need to show March the door a week early and let April give it a try!

ETA - I updated my RR with pics.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 and weights tonight.  Hoping for good good news from Trixie's ultrasound.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Good morning,

On the train a couple hours north of Boston.  Only 3 weeks until I will be making this same trip for a different reason.  URD for me as we will be on the go until 6:00 tonight.  I am about 40 miles short of a monthly PR but will have to cram all that in Tue-Fri.

Damaris--Glad Trixie is better

Julia and Scott--Better you get the snow than me.  Hope ours is all gone by the time we return.  However, where we are going got about 6 inches last night.

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning-

4 miles for me in the snow this morning - Day 7 of the streak.  I just kept telling myself that it was much better than running on a hot and humid July morning.

Julia, Scott, and Marco: enjoy your rest days.

Damaris, I hope you get good news re: Trixie.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all.  We have about 5-6" of snow on the ground right now, and they're saying maybe a couple more to come (although the radar looks like snow is over).  Of course, my snow blower is totally out of gas.  Aside from that, I'm not too upset with the snow because I was just going to do 6 recovery miles today.  I'll just move them to the treadmill.

Julia...Glad you were able to make it to your brother's, and to hear about the pending nuptials.  How exciting!  Enjoy the free day off of running.

Scott...I'm actually thinking that we should probably just get into May already.  You were right with your comment in the blow-up thread on the BF the other day - that actually turned into one of the better running threads over there.  I'll check out the pics!

Docket...I hope all goes well with Trixie.  Enjoy the run/weights.

Marco...I think you've got the monthly number in the bag since you just need 4 of the "daily 10."  Have a good day.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hill...Ended up with the x-post.  Nice job getting out there in the snow for your miles.  You seem committed to it, which is awesome.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

Scott...I'm actually thinking that we should probably just get into May already.  You were right with your comment in the blow-up thread on the BF the other day - that actually turned into one of the better running threads over there.  I'll check out the pics!

I found the discussion about hill repeats very informative.  I plan to add those to my routine and live (literally) right next to the perfect hill for it.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Haven't been on since Friday.  Saturday: 6 miles after waiting for rain to stop.  Sunday 3wu+10MP+3cd = 16 miles.  Started out in light rain but it stopped after a couple of miles.  If Hanson wants tired legs he got his wish.  I couldn't get up to speed for that first MP mile to save my life.  I finally got it going though.  This morning did 8 on the treadmill with 8 strides.

I think I'll have to switch tomorrow's and Wednesday's workouts.  Temp a bit below freezing and a wind chill 10 degrees lower than that vs.  Wednesday morning with cold, but without the wind.

Hoping for the best with D_R's kitty.

fake it till you make it

5 mile race yesterday was good. 35:01, a PR for me, but it actually felt pretty easy.  Think I could've knocked out a 34 but I was super conservative in the middle miles- don't remember how to race, didn't want to crash and burn too soon, and don't want to hurt anything this close to Boston.  A little disappointed that I could've had a faster time if I had worked harder but mostly just pleased that I feel fitter than I thought I would.  The race was a state USATF team circuit race, first one of the season here, so a super fast field. Two out and backs on the course so it was fun to see the lead packs going so fast.

At work, going to try to sneak back later to check up on everyone.

Have  a good Monday!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jen...Way to go!  Don't take this the wrong way, but you're faster than I thought!  Middle miles are tough at any distance, but I think especially in shorter races.  I'm sure it's a little frustrating to feel like you had a bit more in you, but like you said, you're healthy and feeling fit.  Did the out and backs make you did U-turns, or were they around a block?  As long as you didn't have to do the stop and turn thing, I can see how that'd be fun.

Scott...I think hills are a great idea and am convinced that they've helped me stay healthy.

RVD...You're a running machine!  I can relate to the running on tired legs feeling too.  Good luck with the workouts and the weather.

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Trixie's ultrasound was negative.  They are trying to get her to eat before they can discharge her.  They will also check her liver enzyme levels.  Hoping for all good news.  Silly girl probably stopped drinking water without telling us.  The nerve!

Great job, Jen!

Waves to all!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

No time for personals...  Ran 3 miles on the treadmill in old shoes, ran another 1 mile in Newtons.  I'm retrying the Newtons again, because my husband loves them so much.  This time though, I'm only doing 1 mile in them each day this week (next will do 2 miles).  Hoping to break them in completely before attempting anymore than one mile.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Scott, I feel like I'm more or less recovered.  How are you feeling?  Only a couple more days before MCM registration opens up.  I'm wondering how quickly MCM will sell out this year.  A co-worker was encouraging me to stay home to ensure I could be at my computer at noon.

Marco, Enjoy the "rest" day.  It sounds like you'll be on the go, so, not sure how much rest you'll actually get...  Our snow melted by about noon.

Hilltopper, Keep it up!  Although, I guess you might want a rest eventually.

RVD, It sounds like you've been working hard!

JenRosie, Congrats on the PR!  It's nice to blow out tune up races, but that's really not their purpose, I don't think.  Just having a good race under your belt heading into Boston is going to be a huge confidence booster come race day...  So, have you bought the jacket, yet?  Smile

SIAR, Did I congratulate you on your mileage last week?  If not, congrats - that's dedication!  Hope the "hamster wheel" wasn't too miserable...  Our show TAR is really taking a beating.  I'm not sure if you saw the episode from last Sunday.  I thought the song was weird but the bomber didn't even register.  I thought the apology was funny in that Phil said "our country".  Isn't he a kiwi?

D_R, Glad to hear Trixie is coming home.

JoJo, Good luck breaking in the shoes.  Slow is definitely the way to go.