Daily Runner - 4/19/13 (Read 15 times)

thinkin about glory days

April:

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

In a few hours, I interview for the job that I had before promoted to the position I have now.  Confused?  Me too.

But first, 6 miles.

PRs

Julia1971

Good morning, runners!

I'm supposed to run a race tonight, so no run for me this morning.  There's a chance of thunderstorms so I'm not sure if it'll be cancelled.  They also sent out an email to warn us there will be enhanced security measures.  They're asking us to use a clear bag for bag check and warned our bags may be checked.  Another security measure type thing they put in there is not to bib swap.  In case of an emergency, they need to be able to identify people and if you're wearing someone else's bib they'll misidentify you.  As a tribute to the victims, they're asking that we wear our favorite race shirt, Boston marathon gear, or Boston marathon colors.  So, I'm doing laundry since I wore my blue shorts earlier in the week. Smile  My running club's singlet is yellow, so I have that covered.

Hilltopper, That is a head scratcher.  Good luck?

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

jojo61397

Morning Hilltopper and Julia and everyone else later...

URD.  I'm sick.  Seems the virus I had is holding on tightly.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Just a recovery 8 miles this morning before work to beat the rain.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!

I'm planning to head out for a run in a little bit. Probably just 4 or 5 miles.

Hill - Good luck getting your old job back! (?)

Julia - I hope the race doesn't get rained out!

Jodi - Sorry you are sick!  I hope you feel better soon.

MTA:

RVD - Cross posted. Glad you beat the rain and got in your miles.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Work called at 11:00 last night just as I fell asleep, so decided to sleep in and run this afternoon.  However, I woke up and found out the dog had bumped the outlet causing the alarm clock to go out.  I got up to let them out and found it was about the normal time.  Decided to go run anyway since it was in the upper 40s!  Turned on ESPN for a few and did not get on the computer.  When I got to the border is when I heard the developments in Boston.  I spent time with my guys and then again with Canadian Customs.

So, got to work a few minutes late but did get a nice 8.8 mi run.  I have never gone that far this soon after a marathon.  Maybe a LR tomorrow?  That may be a bit too ambitious, so maybe 10ish.

Hope your weekend goes well.

Just B.S.

Morning folks. More crazy stuff in Boston today. So sad.

Swim done.

5 miles later

Marco, hubby experienced the same thing you talked about yesterday in Boston. As we walked back to

meet our group after he finished the race in 2010 he was wearing his medal and mylar blanket. Random

strangers were patting him on the back, saying congrats and one even shook his hand.

It was really amazing and choked me up big time.

PressingOn

Hey all.  Swim clinic tonight.  I still don't feel 100% but I think good enough to go to swim clinic.

Hill - Huh.  They didn't give you a reason for this interview?  Well, good luck,!  Smile

Julia - Have a good race tonight.  Glad you have your outfit covered.

Jodi - Feel better soon!

RVD - Hope you enjoyed the 8.

Scott - Have a good run!

Marco - Sounds like an interesting morning for you.  Glad you got the run in.  You sure seem to have recovered quickly from the marathon.

Beth - Hey swimming buddy!  Enjoy the 5 miles later.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I skipped my weights last night but the vet visit went great.  Trixie has all the blood tests normal again but her sugar is a bit high.  I don;'t worry because stress can increase the sugars and the last two tests were normal with one high because she was hospitalized.  I am going to do a shakeout run and weights tonight.  Race tomorrow.

hilltopper, wait, what?  Good luck or whatever!

Julia, good luck at the race!  Clear bags have been normal staples for many races and I hope they continue.  having said that, I don't own a clear bag so they better start providing them at the expos.

Jodi, hope you feel better soon!

RVD, nice recovery 8.

scott, hope your run went well.

marco, glad that the recovery is going well.

Beth, enjoy your run later.  Nice swim.

PO, enjoy the swim clinic.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

thinkin about glory days

Hill - Huh.  They didn't give you a reason for this interview?  Well, good luck,!  Smile

Thanks, PO.  The interview is done.  It went as well as could be expected, I guess.  It's still kind of awkward to be interviewing with people you've worked with for 7 years.  They did give me a reason - my position is being eliminated, sort of.  There is a new position that involves alot of the same work I do now, but I made the mistake of going on record saying that I didn't want to do that work before I knew how this was all going to play out.  That's why I'm trying to get my old job back.  But the hiring process has changed since I held that job, which is why I have to compete with almost 300 applicants and go through a hiring committee.  But I made the final 15, which is encouraging.  I hope I get it.  I really like the place where I work and I really enjoyed the work I did in my old job, so I don't want to have to move on.  But if I don't get it, they have some other things for me to do for awhile, so I'm not out of a job for the foreseeable future.

PRs

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all. Had a really bad migraine yesterday that kept me from running and off the computer. I'm hoping for a run later today, but we'll see.

Hill...good luck with the job situation. What a mess.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

hill, good luck.  It would be stupid of them not to give you a job since you've been there for that long.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Grr!  Another poorly paced 5K.  Apparently, I think I'm a sub-19 5Ker.  Smile  Once again, I went out at 6:teens pace and gradually faded.  After the Mile 2 split, my Garmin was showing 7:teens pace.  Ouch.  The only thing that kept me motivated was my teammate from the running club.  He was running very well - maybe top 10 for the men - but was still yelling, "Go Julia!" every time he saw me.  After he finished, he came over to Mile 3 and urged me to turn on my kick and was now screaming "Go Julia!!!".  I ran as hard as I could and finished just under 21 minutes - maybe 20:58 - completely thanks to him.  But not completely unexpected - I was really tired this week.  It looks like sub-20 will have to wait until the summer or fall.

Gotta pack tonight - heading to the beach this weekend with one of my best friend's from college.  I might not check in tomorrow but I told her that I'm still planning to get a run in on Sunday.

JoJo, Get some rest.  Hope you feel better soon.

RVD, Hope you beat the rain!

Scott, We just beat the rain.  I hope it washes away some of the pollen.  My eyes are so itchy right now.

Marco, Upper 40s?!...  Heat wave!

Just B.S.,  That was the most memorable part of the race for me - afterwards.  I really felt like a rock star walking around with my jacket and medal.  I remember some (I'm guessing drunk) guys in their car even rolled down their windows to congratulate me.  Normally, I would roll my eyes but I could tell they weren't trying to give me a hard time.  They were being sincere.

Pressing, Hope swim clinic went well and the stomach bugs works it's way out soon.

D_R, Yay, Trixie!  So happy to hear she's doing better...  Yeah, I don't have a clear bag.  But, they provided them this week (they didn't last week).  I'll be interested to see about the bib sharing.  Last week, I thought I was 4th woman, only to see I was 9th in the official results.  How did I miss that many women?  I didn't count this week because I felt like crap but it'll be interesting to see if my standings improved.

Hilltopper, I'm sure the interview went well.  If you want hope, I can tell you hiring officials want a known entity.  The fact that you've done the job before would give you a huge advantage if I were on your panel.  Smile  Good luck without the question mark this time.

SIAR, Migraines, huh?  I think you've posted about having one in the past.  Must be awful.  Hope you got a run in.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...sorry you didn't get it today. You've done a lot of racing lately, so I'm sure that plays a big part. Nice that you got that support though.

Looks like we got the best resolution to this mess we could have hoped for.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)