JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

fake it till you make it

Good morning! Headed out the door for 8, the back to catch up on what I missed here yesterday.

Ok,back and MTA:

Marco- bibs & corrals, this is getting exciting! Wave 2 corral 5 for me, how about you?

Julia your dress rehearsal workout sounds great. That’s one of my favorite Pfitz workouts, don’t think my hansons plan has the same thing but I think I’ll put one in there.

SIAR- interesting about the leg swing/pain.  I’m terrible at being able to pinpoint things like that on the run, nice if you can figure it out and correct it.  The hokas are crazy looking, but so far the folks I know who wear them all seem to like them

Jack- what a great MP end to your run!  Have you been using this coach for a while?

Getting new carpet put in, cleaning like crazy, hoping for a nap, then I think I'm doubling today.  House is going on the market Thursday- how on earth am I going to keep it this clean with three little kids?

Julia1971

Oh boy, it's 56 degrees outside!  Let me at it!

6 mile recovery run for me today with some form drills.  My hamstring bothered me a bit on my run yesterday, so I've been foam rollering it a little.  Beyond that, I'm going to try to baby it.

I'm cycling my carbs so today is a low carb day.  This should be interesting.  I predict carb gorging by about 4pm.

JenRosie, Hope you had a nice run.  I saw on FB that BAA put the banners up around town.  They're getting ready for you.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Finally PRed!!!

Morning everyone!

JenRosie: Nice 8 this morning!

Julia: Hope the recovery run goes well. And I hope the hamstring gets better.

SRD for me today. I have my dress rehearsal run tomorrow. Taper madness is really getting me, and it's hard not to run. Just sitting at my desk, I get spontaneous urges to jump up and run really fast. Trying to cut down a bit on the food intake now that the miles are lower. Legs feel pretty good, not quite race-ready yet, but very close.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

Rest day.  Frustrated beyond belief regarding the 5K/10K I'm directing.  BTW I quit.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

fake it till you make it

Rest day.  Frustrated beyond belief regarding the 5K/10K I'm directing.  BTW I quit.

Uh oh- sorry I maybe I missed this yesterday- but what's up with the race you're RD for?

jojo61397

It's 5K/10K for autism.  I did last year, and we raised around $30K for autism.  But there have been multiple problems as of late.

- Active.com is not advertising our event per our contract.

- The board members aren't doing their jobs (aka the person who is responsible for media relations hasn't gone to the media yet, the person who is charge of sponsorships isn't delivering advertising to the sponsors)

- other organizations who are advertising our event are "dropping" our event on their calendar.

I'm getting blamed for the lack of people signing up, but no one is doing what I ask of them.  I asked that we start organizing the race earlier (like in November/December), and the meetings did not start until after January.  My husband is deploying in a few weeks, and I feel suffocated.

Uh oh- sorry I maybe I missed this yesterday- but what's up with the race you're RD for?

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

jojo, that sounds like a nightmare.  Remind me not to organize any 5k or 10k runs.

Easy 4 today on the treadmill.  Nothing tomorrow and then intervals at 5k pace on Thursday.  Flying out on Friday.

jackdyl11

It was a really short workout this morning in the rain - 2400, 4x400.  I guess I'll add some miles in tonight.  I felt easy on the 2400 at about my 10k pace though so that was encouraging.

Jen - Thanks! Yes, I've been with my club for about 4 years now.  The coaches (there are two) are always frustratingly correct.  But, they improved my half time by 20 minutes, and it would have been more if I hadn't had some freak accidents along the way, so I'll put up with them being right all the time.  It's good to have someone that really knows how you run.  Are you getting anxious for Boston already?  I am and I'm not racing it for over a year (assuming my marathon goes as planned)!

Julia - That's just the taper talking.  You're fine!

NTS - Awesome feeling.  Just a few more days now and you can let it all out.

Jojo - That sounds so frustrating.  I hope you can get through to your team.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning friends. Smile

Another rest day for me which is driving me nuts but I'm sure this is what I need.  DD's stomach bug has not spread to anyone else in the house yet. DW and I are both on pins and needles waiting to see if we get it.

JenRosie - I don't think I ever got back to say happy birthday to your son. I hope he had a great day!  Good job getting the early 8 done and best of luck keeping the house in order while trying to sell it.  DW and I got pretty good at hiding our messes with just a few minutes of notice back in 2001 when we sold our house and three young ones.  You'll handle it well I'm sure.

Julia - I hope the recovery run went well.  How is the sinus issue today?

NTS - Hang in there through the taper madness.  I'm glad your legs are feeling good.  I'm sure you'll be more than ready on Sunday!

Jodi - I'm sorry about the RD issues.  I hope you can get your group in line soon.

RVD - Enjoy the TM 4.

Jack - Good job getting the workout in despite the weather.  I was glad to have a RD today when I heard the rain coming down outside!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  On vacation and boarding!  Will check back later.

jodi, I am sorry about all that crap.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jack...The strike I was talking about was an outside/inside thing.  I'm a pretty solid forefoot striker, so I don't know that there's much I could do to change that.  The outside of my foot, particularly my right one, is just terribly bruised.  I think it's partially because I start to "baby" my PF and land further outside to take pressure off it, and then also the leg swing had gotten lazy.  Those two are probably interconnected.  Awesome job with your 20/6 run.  The most I've done like that is 20/4, but I too was fast on the MP miles.  I think it's mental - I expect it to be really hard to hit the MP miles at the end of a long run, so I push to the point that feels hard, which is actually faster than MP.  It sounds like your coach is definitely looking for more sharpening and just trusting the volume you have...sounds good to me.  Nice little blend intervals you had on the track this morning.

Pressing...Raced out?  Why would that be? Smile  I'm glad that grandma was able to rally a little.  It's amazing how much medication can impact the elderly.  It was the same with my grandma for a long time before she passed.  Sounds like the doctors lacked a little bed-side manner question the baby's father!  Hope the exercise felt good again.

Jen...Yikes, up early today!  As for the Hokas, I heard a crazy stat:  85% of purchasers will buy a second pair; 95% of people that buy a second pair will then buy a third.  Those numbers seem really high, but even if they're inflated, I think the point is made.  The cool thing is that they're actually a minimal drop shoe (6mm and 4mm, depending on shoe).  So, even though they stack height is a little higher, they're kinda already in line with minimal trends.  Hope the 8 went well.  Good luck with your double and all you have going on.  Have you found your new house yet?

Julia...56 huh?  It won't last long (yes, I'm bitter since our nice weather is gone).  Good luck with the 6 and hammie.  I have visions of you surrounded by pasta and pancakes, fork in each hand, for your carb gorge.

NotSwift...Tie yourself down if necessary!  It's so hard not to eat the same amount, I always struggle with that.  Try to enjoy your rest.

Jodi...Hope the 5k/10k issues get resolved - those things have a way of just coming together at the end.  It sounds like leaving weight watchers was the right thing for you.

RVD...It's really closing in!  Do you wear compression socks on the flight, or do anything differently when flying to a race.

Scott...Keep fighting those germs!  Rest up.

Docket...Nice that you get a few vacation days as opposed to just flying in for the race.  Enjoy LA land.  What all are you doing out there?

As for me, I'd like to get my 6x800 workout in today, with another 7 or so miles at easy pace.  My foot feels okay, but a little sore, so I guess I'll just kinda play the workout by feel when I finally get around to it.  I'm getting my hair cut later too...much needed.  Oh, and I have to find something for my dad's birthday.  That whole situation is a mess and isn't easy for me, but I try to make an effort.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

RVD...It's really closing in!  Do you wear compression socks on the flight, or do anything differently when flying to a race.

I certainly wouldn't wear them going to a race.  I'll wear compression calf sleeves for speed work, long runs and marathons.  I'll usually leave them on for the flight back after a marathon because I'll be sitting in one place for so long.  I don't do anything else any differently.

Mostly Harmless

Julia - From weather.gov for Saturday, "A chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Chance of precipitation is 40%."

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Good day,

Trying to multi-task...eat lunch...answer emails...pop in over here.

Had a good 10 with some sprints thrown in this morning.  May go back out with Casper for a couple more after work.

JenRosie--I am in Wave 1, Corral 7 and am happy about moving up from the 11000s in 2011 to the 6000s this year.