Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 02/11/2013 (Read 11 times)

Just B.S.

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Just B.S.

Morning dailies, off to the pool. I will catch up on the weekend later!

Have a good one!

Bad Ass

Morning!  A recovery run and weights if work allows.

Beth, enjoy the pool.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Good morning.  Another slow start for me.  I stayed up too late.  Despite a tough 22 miler yesterday, I didn't take a nap and wasn't all that sleepy until after 10pm.

Hoping to squeeze in a recovery run before work.  Probably need to leave in the next few minutes.  It's a little drizzly out but it shouldn't be too bad.  I'm a little sore but nothing too bad.

I'm planning to run in Tuesday-Thursday, so I spent some time this morning packing all the clothing and post-run food I think I'll want at work this week.  I hope I'm not forgetting anything...  Hmm, maybe I should pack the foam roller...

Just B.S., Happy swimming.

D_R, Enjoy your run.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

5 degrees....10 miles

Did 16 yesterday with 10@MP.  Today was just a recovery 8 miles with 8 strides.  Did them on the treadmill at work since it's raining outside.

Hope there will be a break in the rain for my long intervals tomorrow morning.

Started to put a picture of a snowflake on my front lawn this weekend so that I wouldn't feel left out, but I was afraid someone would come shovel it.  Big grin

Mostly Harmless

I read through all the posts from yesterday. You guys were busy!  Too much went on to reply to with my busy schedule today.

I'm just sticking to easy runs this week with lots of foam roller sessions for the ITB. I'll knock out an easy 8 this afternoon.

Happy running all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Morning guy/gals back from swimming and it was superfabulous!!Big grin

On Jan 5th I had a hard time completing the 50 yards one way down the pool without my breathing making me

feel like a guppy being tossed around in an Atlantic hurricane.

This morning at 7:30am  after 600 yards of warm up including 3 X100  individual laps I said "to heck with it, I'm

going to see how far I can push this thing",,,,,the next 400 yards were continuous and easy!!!!!!!!!!Cool  I was very

disappointed that it was time to leave because I felt like I could have easily kept going for a few hundred more.

Happy dance!!

I did a really tough 10 miles yesterday, with 1000 feet of gain, temp of 0F and windy, roads were not icy but

they were covered in slush and snow from the big storm. 3 times I had a total right side of body slush splash

from big ass truck  and their big ass tires.   But I got 'er done!!!

Another good thing was that I discovered why I was so tired on Friday. I thought it might be from doing too much

or getting old Smile but it seems the rather distressing intestinal issues I had on my Wednesday run was in fact

some type of bug. Hubby got it too. I took Friday and Saturday off ,but felt strong on that run yesterday.

We didn't lose our power at all but spend two nights of restless sleep listening to the high winds.

5 easy miles later today.

SCOTT, sorry your TT was a bust, take care of that IT!

RVDOWNING, good job, hope your hammy is holding up! Don't feel left out of the snow talk, just feel lucky!LOL

JULIA, wow can't believe it's only 32 days now!! So exciting!

JENROSIE, congrats on your weekly total!

SIAR, did I read that you shaved your beard and have your eye on a cute girl?? yeah for the girl but I like a ginger

beard so can't say I'm happy about that!LOL

PRESSING,didn't mean that I was a wimp, I just feel inadequate compared to what you can do...I know that is not

logical and it's all about putting in the  time....hopefully!LOL Hope you and hubby had fun on your date.

MARCO, we had a bunch of crazy snow drifts too in places where they don't usually collect. That wind was crazy.

D.R., enjoy your run and weights later.

Hello to everyone else! Have a great day!  10 days to Florida. Woop Woop!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey hey!  Got in 6.45 recovery miles in some high winds this morning, and will shoot for about 8 more miles later today.  I feel like I'm wasting gas driving to my running spot twice, but I'm doing my best to make sure that all of my runs aren't 12 miles or more because I know my body can't handle that yet.

Beth...Super job in the pool!  That's exactly the experience I had as far as pushing the distance too.  It's funny, the first time I got going that far I got kicked out of my lane because a class was coming...but like you, I definitely could have kept going.  Great run yesterday too in those conditions.  Glad you're feeling more energetic now, and have a good 5 later today.  You did read right that I shaved the beard, btw.  I forgot what my face looked like, and figured that I should check to make sure nothing was growing in there haha.

Julia...It figures that you'd miss out on getting to run with/talk to the elite guy that showed up - stuff like that always happens.  But you're right, in 33 days you'll be elite yourself, so plenty more opportunities!  I hope you didn't get too wet on the run this morning, and good luck with all the packing for your runs.  If it were me, I'd definitely forget something!

Docket...I hope your breathing gets a little better this week and that work isn't too busy for you.  Enjoy the recovery run.

Scott...Sorry the time trial wasn't great.  It's so hard to keep going in those when you start to get tired.  Hopefully the ITB flare up isn't anything too serious.  I'm sure it will appreciate the easy miles and rolling.

Marco...5 points for you!

RVD...Haha, that's funny about the snowflake.  You're not missing much.  Our snow is all melted again here too.  That's great that you were able to get the MP miles in.  Are you pain free, or just running through some soreness?

Julia...Here's some sons I've been listening too, since we were talking about that yesterday:

Heartbeat - Kopecky Family Band

If I wanted Someone - Dawes

Bleeding Out - The Lone Bellow

Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons

The Cave - Mumford and Sons

Ho Hey - The Lumineers

Allouette - The Delta Rythm Boys

Colors - April Smith and the Great Picture Show

O Taste and See - Brian and Jenn Johnson

Let the Record Go - The Mynabirds

Right Here Right Now - Jesus Jones

Merry Happy - Kate Nash

Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

RVD...Haha, that's funny about the snowflake.  You're not missing much.  Our snow is all melted again here too.  That's great that you were able to get the MP miles in.  Are you pain free, or just running through some soreness?

I seem to be sore everywhere except for that hamstring.  It was the first time in 3/4 of a year that I hadn't run for 6 days and I guess my body just doesn't react well to that.  I normally try to run every day.  I picked up with the Hansons' plan right where I dropped off.  However, I do have my trepidations with regard to tomorrow morning's 2wu+2(3m@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd.

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Read everything, I swear!

Very busy today and I felt like crap for the whole day.  I just filed a complaint that took months to investigate and weeks to prepare, so all of a sudden I feel better.

I am still either sick or the asthma was bad enough to leave me exhausted.  I will try my run nonetheless and see how I feel.  I don't think extra sleep is the answer.  I just hope it goes away.  I can lay in bed forever by the way I feel.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Mostly Harmless

Hey folks. Just got back from running 8 miles at recovery pace and felt good.

I took some time to consider my TT yesterday. I'm still not quite sure where things went wrong.  Looking at my splits I can see that I was starting to fade at about the time my ITB started bothering me.  But truth be told, that hurts so often that I don't really give it a lot of thought anymore.  I think I was just worn out by that point and I let my mind focus on that to give myself an out.  The funny  thing is that if I had held on to the pace I was running I would have beaten my HM PR by about 4 minutes.

Beth - Great work with the swim.  You make it sound like so much fun that I ALMOST want to start swimming!

Damaris - I hope the run goes better than you anticipate.

Julia - The folks in your office are going to think you've been evicted from your house!  I hope your recovery run went well.

Marco - 5 well earned points. Do you get bonus points for running in the snow?

RVD - I'm glad that you've been able to resume your training where you left off.  I don't imagine you've lost anything from your down time. Go you!

SIAR - Congrats on another big mileage week! You are a running machine right now! I saw the posts yesterday about your new lady friend. Go you! I know how you feel about wasting gas getting to the running spot. My Saturday morning runs are all about 20 minutes or so from my house.  Think of it as an investment. Approve

Thanks to Julia and SIAR for sharing their play lists.  I know more of Julia's than SIAR's.  I bet I have a lot of stuff on mine that few will recognize because it's either too old or to obscure (like me).  I'm exporting game video for DD's basketball coach right now so my Mac is tied up.  I'll post some of my play list when I can get to my computer.

ETA: Here is most of my current "Running Music" play list. I leave my iPod on shuffle but I'll probably create a set order for the upcoming race.

Shake it Up - The Cars
                          Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
                          Turn it On - The Flaming Lips
                          Dirty Love - Frank Zappa
                          Poor, Poor Pitiful Me - Jackson Browne and Bonnie Rait
                          ConstruKCtion of Light - King Crimson
                          Sweet Emotion - Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon
                          I Have the Touch - Peter Gabriel
                          Shakedown Street - Phish
                          Arriving Somewhere but Not Here - Porcupine Tree
                          Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc
                          Trains - Porcupine Tree
                          Winning - Santana
                          Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
                          Burning Down the House - Talking Heads
                          When Love Comes to Town - U2
                          Bullet the Blue Sky - U2
                          All Star - Smash Mouth
                          Ants Marching - Dave Matthews
                          Joe's Garage - Frank Zappa
                          Shaky Town - Jackson Brown
                          Wild, Wild Life - Talking Heads
                          Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin
                          One Week - Bare Naked Ladies
                          Time Flies - Porcupine Tree
                          All These Things that I've Done - The Killers
                          21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson
                          U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
                          Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
                          Gin and Juice - The Gourds

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7.9 evening miles done.  According to weather.com, the wind gusts were reaching 50mph and there were a few spots where I had no doubt they were right.  It was still a good easy run anyway.

RVD...that's kinda funny that the hamstring is the only part that's not feeling sore!  I'd have done the same thing picking up where you left off, since you didn't miss much time.  I did the same thing when I got sick at the beginning of January.  That's a tough run tomorrow...definitely play it on the safe side.

Docket...Congrats on getting that complaint filed...sounds like a big one.  You're due to feel better - hope it happens soon.

Scott...If it were me, I wouldn't worry too much about the TT.  You got a great tempo workout out if it, and got a sense of where you start to feel discomfort.  Chance are, next time you reach that point, you'll push through it.  It'll also be so much easier in a race.  Thanks for the comments on my mileage.  I'm so happy to be running like this right now that the gas investment is well worth it.  As for your music, I know most of it.  I'm not a super musical guy, so my taste is a little odd.  I also prefer slower songs, so it's hard for me to find stuff that fits well with running, but I think the ones I shared are worth checking out.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I had a good recovery run this morning.  My Garmin was low on battery, though, and malfunctioned.  Grrr!

I was happy to see I had a delivery today - some tops I ordered from Gore came in the mail.  I tried them on and I don't love them - mostly because of the color and the sizing is a little big.  Oh well.  I'll have to decide if I want to try a different color and size or just forget it.

Marco, You're in the more miles than degrees club today, I see.  Although, I imagine you could run that club.

RVD, Great job managing MP miles when you had a bad hamstring just days ago.

Just B.S., Congrats on having a great swim this morning.  Isn't it great when you can see progress like that?

SIAR, Good job on the double.  Glad you didn't get blown away.  It does feel silly doing them but yeah, it's easier on the body sometimes.  And, I'll definitely check out some of those tunes.  I've heard of Mumford and Sons but haven't heard any of their songs, I don't think.

D_R, Ugh!  Hope you're feeling better.  Must feel good having that complaint done, though.

Scott, I wouldn't worry too much about the time trial.  I think it's really hard to keep that kind of intensity in a workout sometimes.  And, it was still windy on Sunday.  Not that it can't be windy on race day, but, these aren't ideal conditions to make race performance assessments...  Wild, Wild Life by the Talking Heads might be a good addition for my playlist.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

OK, Scott, at least I recognize almost half of those tunes