Marathoner Dailies

head scratch... (Read 262 times)

xor

But we already had a marathon group here.

Huh.

Ok, well enjoy your quiet little party room.

Finally PRed!!!

Well, this is a group for the Daily Runner posts that used to be on RWOL Marathoners...from what I saw on several threads elsewhere on here, it seemed it was desired that dailies should be sort of kept out of the way...I think some of us are also participating in some of the other marathon groups on here--I am, anyway! Big grin I think this is a great site...Smile

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

thinkin about glory days

But we already had a marathon group here.

Huh.

Ok, well enjoy your quiet little party room.

You mean in the Training Groups category?  There are a couple of marathon groups there.  I think this is more a social group than a training methods discussion group.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

xor

That's fine.  Perhaps that was the reason why RWOL split up marathoners and MRT.  But honestly, there was always a shit ton of overlap.  The existing marathon group here has always been sleepy, although it has a number of members, and I was just hoping to breathe a little life into it.

xor

Well, this is a group for the Daily Runner posts that used to be on RWOL Marathoners...from what I saw on several threads elsewhere on here, it seemed it was desired that dailies should be sort of kept out of the way...I think some of us are also participating in some of the other marathon groups on here--I am, anyway! Big grin I think this is a great site...Smile

It is desired that the dailies be kept out of the main forum area (consider that "the lobby and q/a-for-running, except for off the beaten path") and in user groups (consider those "meeting rooms" and "party rooms").  But I'm pretty sure... in fact I will just state outright... that it would have been a-ok to put your dailies in the existing marathon user group meeting room.

Not a big deal, just trying to make sure things integrate and immigrants and natives bond and all.

Mostly Harmless

Do you think we should change the name of the group to try and avoid confusion?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Might be a good idea.  Anyone have a suggestion?  I don't at the moment but haven't really thought about it either.

PressingOn

I do plan on posting in the regular marathoner's group but honestly, I 'm a little confused as to where all the RWOL Marathoner's are posting right now.  I can't seem to find many names I recognize.  Where is everybody?  Yes, I know the answer will probably make me say, "Oh, Duh" .  Roll eyesSmile

Bad Ass

We have always been the Daily Runner. Why not change it to Daily Marathoner or The Daily Runner with an explanation that it is a daily marathoner.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I like Docket's idea of Daily Marathoner, although maybe that's a misnomer and people would think we were either exceedingly ambitious or just totally full of it. 

And as Pressing said, I don't really see where the activity is in the other marathon groups.  I signed up for the Marathon Training one, but that appears to be just the sub-xx area.  I would actually have an interest in those threads if they started them daily, but the never-ending single thread makes it too tough for me to follow.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

thinkin about glory days

...I was just hoping to breathe a little life into it.

I hear what you're saying.  We just didn't want to barge in on someone else's group.  It looks like activity in the other group has picked up since the mass exodus from RWOL and I'm sure members of this group will be regular contributors there as well.

I agree that we should change the name to avoid confusion.  I like "The Daily Marathoner."  If the misnomer catches people's attention, so be it.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

xor

I hear what you're saying.  We just didn't want to barge in on someone else's group.  It looks like activity in the other group has picked up since the mass exodus from RWOL and I'm sure members of this group will be regular contributors there as well.

I agree that we should change the name to avoid confusion.  I like "The Daily Marathoner."  If the misnomer catches people's attention, so be it.

If you change the start of your name, you change where it appears on the big list of names... also where it appears on your individual list at the bottom of your forum change.  So I suggest not starting with "The" and not messing with it too much. 

Maybe Marathoner Dailies or somesuch. 

The good thing is that lots of people use search to find groups... so as long as "Marathon" appears in there, goodness.  However, it'll still move it around your individual page.

BTW, if/when RWOL MRT shows up, it'll be interesting to see where they put their stuff.  99% of the threads in MRT (which by name would equate to our Marathon Training area) are really dailies/chat threads.

Finally PRed!!!

BTW, if/when RWOL MRT shows up, it'll be interesting to see where they put their stuff.  99% of the threads in MRT (which by name would equate to our Marathon Training area) are really dailies/chat threads.

Well someone did also make a user group called Marathon Race Training here. I'm in that one too, as well as the Marathon Trainers and Marathon Training and Discussion groups. Smile

I definitely plan to try to interact with people who already posted here, and not just with people I already knew from RWOL.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

xor

Ugh.

PressingOn

Hey SRL, just so I can be sure I'm understanding, your hope is that we'll be apt to also post in Running101 or General Running, correct?  Is this the equivalent to posting a question in the Marathoner's forum on RWOL?  I enjoyed the knowledge of everyone there and want that here with RA. I guess I'm still confused as to whether there is an equivalent place to post or if RA tends to be more general in its forums.  Not marathoners, beginners, etc but, well, Running 101.  I know I see Marathoner's groups here but I'm not seeing very many recent posts.  Maybe I'm thinking/looking too hard? I want to blend in smoothly here but I'm still confused.  Cry