Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/8 (Read 172 times)

thinkin about glory days

I have a tough time getting on here on the weekends.  I started this at about 5:00...

Just got back from 6.4 miles (five hours ago) - a rare late afternoon run for me, but I just couldn't get myself up this morning.  Earlier tonight, the kids helped me trim the Christmas tree and now we're watching some college basketball.

Scott, Be careful!!!  Good to hear the run went well and your foot feels good.  But do you promise us that you will shut it down at the first sign of a problem?

NTS, nice job on the 7.5 today.  Do you do alot of your running with the group?

Julia, good luck on the 8K tomorrow.

Docket, hope you feel better soon.

CC, good luck tomorrow!  I think the 3:45 pacer sounds like a good idea if you think 3:40 is a bit on the aggressive side.  The pacer will keep you from going out too fast.

Jodi, that's a shame about your son's pink eye.  I hope he feels better soon.  Congratulations on the weight loss!

markrice, ugh, that's not good about the asics.  I ran in them again this afternoon and felt like I was fighting the shoes the whole time.  I was hoping that I would get used to them eventually.  I had a similar experience with a pair of mizuno elixirs.  I hated them for the first 100 miles or so, to the point where I almost retired them, then they started to feel great.  I even ran my most recent marathon in them.  It sounds like that might not happen with the asics.

SIAR, Have you ever tried warmup exercises before your readings?  They're a lot like running warmup drills, only for the face.

Joe, congratulations!  I look forward to the race report.

PO, I can see how those owls would be scary.  I don't see many of those.  Lots of vultures those.  When they start circling, I wonder just how bad I look.

marco, sorry about the London job.  Boston sounds great, even if it's not too far from where you already are.  I'm sure you'll do lots of running along the Charles River.  Have fun tonight.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

thinkin about glory days

Docket, I forgot you had a race tomorrow.  Good luck!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

PressingOn - Totally cool about the Eagle... and that would freak me out too, then be a way cool memory.

SIAR - Yes, I kind of fought it for a while, especially when those double recoveries come around in the higher mileage plans, but I began embracing them. :-) 

Marco - Hope you had too much to eat and drink :-) :-)

Docket - OUCH! So sorry about that.

Hilltopper - I used to run in the Mizuno Elixers a lot... I can understand how they may have felt that way... I really like them, At first, I really didn't like the Blur... now, they are not my first choice, but it's no big deal.  However, I likely am less picky about my shoes than some are.  (I did my first 2 marathons in Elixers.)

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

surprisingly sober because of all the food I ate.  

Hill--not moving to Boston...just doing the marathon...way too expensive there