JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon 

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

I'm up but not quite functioning yet.  Planning to double today - the last one of this training cycle.  I like that I'm going to be able to say, "The last one" more and more often.  Smile  Hoping to do 6 recovery miles this morning and then 4 on the treadmill tonight...  My gym is changing ownership, so I'll probably cancel my membership tonight, too.  There's a gym a block closer and I'm that lazy...  I'm not sure how work is going to go today.  We have a team member's retirement party today so most of my staff will be working on getting ready for it.  So, the boss (me) will be doing all the real work, I think.  Hahaha.

CC, Sorry I made you think about your kitty. Sad ...  That is perfect marathon weather.  Bye, bye, PR!

Jack, Let me know if you want me to add the race to the calendar.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 with strides tonight.

Julia, are you functioning now?  Morning!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

It's sunny!  It has been raining 5 days straight.  Running rest day, but doing a x-training video.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Hope the last double goes well.

Docket: Enjoy your 8 with strides later.

jojo, CC: Glad you both will have PR weather this weekend!

SRD for me today. It's going to be weird to only run 5 days again, I was kind of getting used to 6.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Good morning. :-)

I have 6 miles at recovery pace today. I seem to have escaped yesterday's speedy run unscathed but no more fast miles for me this week. Unless I change my mind.

Julia - Enjoy the double today. It looks like the weather patterns are warming up a bit. Let's hope it continues.

Damaris - Enjoy those strides tonight. :-)

Jodi - Enjoy the sun today. Your rain is headed my way.

NTS - Have a great rest day!

Marco - Congrats on the vehicle purchase!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

D_R: You're missing from the Chicago Marathon list up above.

I guess I still think there should be just one list and that list then copied into any groups of interest.

Serious rain overnight and into the morning.  I'm scheduled for 2wu+8(400@5kw400r)+2cd = 8 miles but don't know whether to try to do it after work in 19 mph wind or in the early morning tomorrow on an otherwise SRD.

CompetitiveChik

cardio workout for me. I'm gettin excited for saturday. I've been real strict in followin coach's plan the last 6 wks. I just hope it translates to a pr on saturday.

julia - it's all good. it's still pretty fresh for us. sounds like you have a full day. enjoy

docket - enjoy your workout tonight

jojo - it finally stopped rainin here last night. it's been raining the last 4 wks. I wanna ride the hills here but can't cause they're too dangerous due to all the rain we've been havin

nottooswift - enjoy your day off

Imnotscott - I love when I can wake up the next day and feel great after an intense workout the day before

rev - whatever you decide, enjoy your run. personally, if it were me I would do it tomorrow. I don't like doin my workouts in the evenings...I will, if I have too but prefer not too. I just seem to do so much better in the morning

Well, I'm all ready runnin late. I gotta git. Everyone have a great day

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia1971

Recovery run went okay.  My legs are pretty dead.  We'll see how I feel tonight.  I may cancel the double.

RVD, I added D_R to Chicago.  (Although, I'm not sure if we're only adding people when they've asked to be added.  For example, I haven't added NYCM to the list because I'm still not sure I'm running it even though I'm in).  Where would you suggest we move the list?  I think early on someone (SRLopez) had suggested moving the dailies to the Marathoners forum.  But, there are also lists in the main forum.  For example, I'm on the Sub-3:30 list there but not the one in the Marathoners forum.

Scott, Yes, it looks like the high tomorrow is going to be 50!  Too bad I'll be running in the morning.  Sad

Swift, Enjoy the rest day.

JoJo, Enjoy the sunshine.

D_R, I'm functioning pretty well now that I've had coffee and a good breakfast.  Apparently, that's all it takes for me.

Bad Ass

Thanks.  Somebody please add me to the Chicago Marathon above!

D_R: You're missing from the Chicago Marathon list up above.

I guess I still think there should be just one list and that list then copied into any groups of interest.

Serious rain overnight and into the morning.  I'm scheduled for 2wu+8(400@5kw400r)+2cd = 8 miles but don't know whether to try to do it after work in 19 mph wind or in the early morning tomorrow on an otherwise SRD.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

RVD, I added D_R to Chicago.  (Although, I'm not sure if we're only adding people when they've asked to be added.  For example, I haven't added NYCM to the list because I'm still not sure I'm running it even though I'm in).  Where would you suggest we move the list?  I think early on someone (SRLopez) had suggested moving the dailies to the Marathoners forum.  But, there are also lists in the main forum.  For example, I'm on the Sub-3:30 list there but not the one in the Marathoners forum.

No idea where it should be moved.  It just seems to me that there is redundant effort to keep various lists up to date.  I tend to agree with SRLopez.  I don't post in the Sub-4 Marathon Group as a rule, for example, because my posts would be redundant, but they also have a marathon list, and I don't know how many others.

Is there a Marathoners forum?  Is there a way to list all the forums and/or "forum groups?"

Julia1971

Thanks.  Somebody please add me to the Chicago Marathon above!

. I got you. Anything else missing?

Finally PRed!!!

Well, since you asked, might as well add my fall marathon:

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon 

Thanks! Smile

. I got you. Anything else missing?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys.  The storms have started here, so I'm not sure what I'll end up with today.  Truth be told, my legs are pretty sore from basketball last night so I'll probably take it fairly easy today.  I have a tough double tomorrow and I'm just hoping the weather won't prevent me from getting to the track to get it done.

As for the discussion about the lists, I have to say that my preference is to have it here.  It's one thing to share my race schedule with all of you, but I can't say I'm interested in sharing it with the Running Ahead forums at large.  Additionally, I don't think anyone out there would have any reason to care what races I'm running, nor do I have reason to care what races they are running.  On the other hand, I feel "invested" in all of your races because of the way we help one another train and follow the progress being made.  Also, with the thought of placing the group somewhere else, I don't know that I see a benefit.  I think the obvious change would be that there'd be more traffic.  I actually think our number is pretty good because it enables us to have individual discussion.  In the groups that are larger, it seems there's only time to say, "good 6" or "great run."  Those are just my thoughts and I'm certainly willing to be open.

Julia...I think it's going to be tough for me when you guys have all finished your marathons and I'm still training away!  It is exciting when the race really starts to close in though, so I don't blame you for the "last" comments.  Was your gym just a smaller, local one, or is one of the big corporate ones changing owners?  The closer one sounds better regardless.  Sounds like you've had a couple of dead legged runs in a row.  Maybe cancelling the double isn't such a bad idea.

Docket...In response to yesterday, that's great that you're feeling more fresh this year than at a similar time last year.  I think I'd just be craving a training cycle after so much racing, but I know we're very different in that regard.  Have fun on the 8 and strides later.

NotSwift...Is the 5 days a change you're making for your taper?  Nice job with the MP miles yesterday on the hills...enjoy your rest.

Scott...Alright trouble maker...glad to see you're not feeling any worse after the run yesterday.  That's a good sign that you're in really good shape right now.  Now be just as successful hitting true recovery pace as you were hitting those faster paces yesterday.

RVD...Looks like you're weather is as frustrating as mine is right now...hope you figure out a good way to get the workouts in.

CC...I think you're due for a good PR and that all the good work with your coach will definitely show through.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

I tend to agree with SIAR on the list. I like it here, and I don't see the point of trying to maintain one list on the main forum that would have every race of every person on the forum--seems like that would be way too cumbersome. The list here is for people who post in this group. I also maintain a list on the sub 3:45 thread in the racing forum, which is also a pretty small group. I don't really need to keep up with the races of posters I don't even know, who may post in groups I don't post in or even read...