Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/30/13 (Read 19 times)

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning.  Likely an URD for me today.  I was at the hospital until late last night with DD (almost 3) because she was bleeding from her ear.  It's probably a perforated eardrum, which apparently is no big deal.  But I'm keeping her home from day care just in case.  I haven't missed my treadmill as much as I thought I would, but I miss it on days like today when I could get my run in during her nap.

CC, to answer your question from yesterday about the job, I interviewed internally for a job I had 7 years ago before I was promoted to the job I have now.  My old job has changed so much that it would have been another promotion.  Unfortunately, I didn't get it, but they offered me a 2 year contract doing basically the same thing, so I'm safe for now.

Julia, good luck with the intervals.

marco, have a good long run.

NTS, enjoy your 6 with hill sprints.

RVD, nice tempo run.

SIAR, that's a good question.  Maybe it depends on how you feel from your marathon on Sunday and it's probably a little too early to tell.  Starting another training cycle in July for a fall marathon may not leave you with enough time to recover.  Cutting back on mileage a little and focusing on speed may help set you up for another PR attempt next year.  You might be on to something re: the speed.  Hudson seems to focus on neuromuscular power more than others, and I think he is right.

Docket, nice mileage yesterday.  Is your DH just getting into running?

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

thinkin about glory days

Beth (cross-posted).  Enjoy your 7 miles.  I don't see your next race on the schedule.  What do you have coming up?  And what a great running coach - sounds like he genuinely enjoys helping out other runners.

PRs

Just B.S.

Beth (cross-posted).  Enjoy your 7 miles.  I don't see your next race on the schedule.  What do you have coming up?  And what a great running coach - sounds like he genuinely enjoys helping out other runners.

He is a great guy and does so much for our local running community including being an RD. His

professional is in hospital administration but the rest of his life is all about the running/tri scene.

He was a very competitive runner until a rare form of arthritis stopped his career around age 25.

Amazing that someone who had to leave the competitive scene over 20 years ago has continued

to give so much back.

Thanks for asking Hill. I never put my races on the calendar. Just a thing I have.Big grin

Marathon #6 on May 12th

Sprint tri- June 9th

Sprint tri - June 16th

And another marathon in the fall and about 12 or 13 more race before the end of the season

in October.Smile

thinkin about glory days

Anyone know how to post a photo?

PRs

Just B.S.

Anyone know how to post a photo?

HOW TO POST A PICTURE:

Option # 1

Go to tinypic.com (it's just an easy one to use and no account needed)

Upload photo

Set the Resize dropdown to either "website/email" or "message board" and your pictures will ALWAYS fit properly on the page layout here.

Right click on the "Direct Link For Layouts" URL

Come back to thread and click on the "tree" icon

Paste URL in the "Image URL" box

Hit "insert"  and voila!!!  A lovely photo of your legs, dog, butt, finish line photo or whatever you choose.

Option # 2

An even easier way to do this is to just open the photo on facebook, then right click on it and "copy URL". Paste that into a new tab just to confirm that you've copied only the link to the photo.

Ahh, so this is the Marathoner Dailies I've heard a few of you guys speak about in B&B. Mind if I join in here as well?

I'm currently 3 days post FM and ran an easy 3 miles yesterday for a little bit of active recovery. My legs are feeling good and I'll probably add in 4-5 recovery miles this evening. The remainder of the week will be all recovery miles and I'll play it by ear as to how I feel on any given day.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Just B.S.

Ahh, so this is the Marathoner Dailies I've heard a few of you guys speak about in B&B. Mind if I join in here as well?

Only if  TaperBruce joins as well.Big grin

CompetitiveChik

ok, so here I thought I ws gettin on early and was gonna beable to do personals. no such luck today. you guys are talkative.

I got in a good 40min ride, for 11miles.

so I noticed lately I've been real irritable and started thinkin about why. and that was when I realized that I've been runnin really low miles. I went out yesterday for a 6 mile run and my attitude all day was awesome. the things that had been really gettin on my nerves just rolled off my back like water on a ducks back. so I'm gonna keep to what I said I would do and take those days that coach has me on the cardio equipment and do that on wednesdays after my track workout.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Brains aint me forte

Hey folks!  I'm about to head out for 8 in the rain.  It was only supposed to be 5 until I saw the "April Goals" thread I started over in B&B and see that I'm 8 miles short.

Welcome Bruce!

Personals when I get back!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

I'm currently 3 days post FM and ran an easy 3 miles yesterday for a little bit of active recovery. My legs are feeling good and I'll probably add in 4-5 recovery miles this evening. The remainder of the week will be all recovery miles and I'll play it by ear as to how I feel on any given day.

all are welcom

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Only if  TaperBruce joins as well.Big grin

I'm sure he will ... I'm only 8 weeks out from my next - Grandma's Cool

Train smart ... race smarter.

Bad Ass

What is this Spring you speak of.  We never have one.  Must've been a slip of my tongue.

Swift...I used the one here, under resources.  For an 18:31 5k it gives a 3:05:39 marathon (which is fairly close to the 3:12 I ran last year when that was my fitness), and for the 29:23 5mi it gives 2:55:48 (and I think that's pretty close to what my fitness was at race time, or maybe a touch worse).  Also, I should run a 5k just to update that time, because I think it's pretty soft at the moment.  If I did another marathon I'd be looking at Sept. or October...maybe Columbus or Air Force.  I suppose I was complaining that 20 weeks felt too long.  Maybe I could try like a 12 week Pfitz.

Docket...Spring is over sister Smile  I start summer in May ha.  I'm not sure fun marathon is in my vocabulary.  I suppose I could try something like an ultra though.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Hilltopper, he used to run but has not run for 10 years, so yes.

Hi, Bruce!!!!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

The intervals went well. All together it was only 7 miles, though. I averaged 6:25-6:30ish pace I think which is more y like goal 5K pace. Smile I rushed to work and then had meetings so I haven't eaten today. Watch out! I'm grumpy when I'm hungry. I need to eat a Snickers. Smile

Marco, I got a lot of support from the sub-3:30 group last year. It's a nice bunch. It's not an active thread but people are really good at encouraging you on and giving advice.

Swift, Hills and upper body weights! You are going to be sore all over.

RVD, Sounds like a nice workout.

SIAR, Can I just tell you I am still just so happy for you. Smile As far as what's next, that's what I would do - work on speed for a while. You worked so hard that your body might appreciate the chance to work different muscles for a change. If you ask on the main forum, please are it a poll. I love polls. LOL!

D_R, Hope you have a great day too.

Just B.S., I'm happy to see you have nice weather up there. Enjoy it!

Hilltopper, Scary re FD. I hope she'll be alright. And, I'm glad you're not out of a job. Although you really could get a lot of runs in...

Bruce, Welcome! Are there any races you'd like me to add to the calendar? I hope the marathon recovery goes well.

CC, Yeah, pounding out miles might help with your mood. I get antcy when I cut back a lot, too.

Scott, Is it raining? Rats! I don't have an umbrella. Sad

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

hill: hope your DD feels better soon! Good that you still have a job!

Bruce: Welcome!

Julia: Great job with the intervals. The Hudson-style hill sprints aren't actually something I get sore from. They are very short, only 8-10 sec long, and are usually done the day before a hard workout. I have intervals tomorrow, going to run with the interval training group I found out about through another group I run with.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09