Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/26/12 (Happy Birthday, Just B.S.!) (Read 153 times)

Julia1971

December:

Docket_Rocket - 12/29 - iRun Half Marathon

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good morning, runners!

I couldn't think of anything catchy for the title today.  Happy Boxing Day!?  I head back to work today and can already feel the holiday mood fading since I made the mistake of checking my Blackberry already. Sad  It was nice having three days off and the weekend off to spend with friends and family, though.

I'm planning to do about 9 miles at general aerotic pace today.  It's in the mid-30s right now.  Rain is on the way but I think I'll beat it.  Hmm, maybe I should have added a water resistant jacket to my shopping list yesterday.

Marco, glad you're enjoying the new kicks!  I've been lurking on the Mizuno thread in the main forum and might be looking for some new shoes myself since it looks like the Precision is going away.

RVD, hahaha - I know the feeling of totally self-loathing when I'm not hitting my paces.  Glad you realized you actually were before you burned yourself out.

Docket_Rocket, that's great!  No DOMS is good news.  It sounds like you've really adatped to running that long.  Have you done an ultra or thought about it?

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles and weights today.  Off to work.

Julia, yes and yes.  One is planned for March but there might be time for one soon.  I love running for hours.  I also do not run fast enough (because of the asthma) to get sore during marathons either.  Maybe that's why I like longer races (asthma behaves more).

I didn't check my work BB nor the laptop they gave me to work this weekend at all.  I figured it was not an emergency so I didn't even look.  After all, bankruptcy courts were closed so I don't expect any emergencies at all.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just B.S.

Morning, just popping in for a second before DH and I head out for 6 miles. Haven't had time to run

since Sunday.

17 people here for sit down dinner yesterday, it was crazy and busy and everyone had a great time!!

Julia, you could change the title to Merry Birthday to Just B.S.!!LOL   51 years young and getting faster

every year!Smile

I started the day by opening a pair of gold hoops, more gifts to open later! WooHoo!

After the run it's clean up and meet the family at the theatre for The Hobbit then a dinner for my b'day.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas/holiday/day off!

Happy Boxing Day!  Although I don't think that gets me additional presents.

My two days off this week happened to fall on Christmas and Boxing Day.  Well, I am Canadian (haven't officially become one yet) so I guess I should get both holidays off.  Will probably go for a short run this afternoon when it warms up a bit.  For the umpteenth time this season, I ate and drank too much last night.  Need to spend some time paying bills and see how much damage the shopping did.

Julia--Blackberry traffic has been slow for me and we will leave the decorations up until 1/1.  I have a rain jacket that is quite warm from a marathon I didn't run after paying the entry fee.  I don't think I deserved it but the RD sent it to me and I love it.  Hope work isn't too hectic for you today.

Beth--you know the RD I am talking about.  Let me know how The Hobbit is.  I enjoyed the other three but can't seem to get excited about going to this one.  I have a couple of years on you and am faster now at almost all distances than I was 30 years ago.  We haven't peaked yet!

Damaris--You would do great at an ultra.  I am thinking about one in October.

Just 4 treadmill miles on a SRD.  Had short intervals yesterday and long intervals tomorrow.

Julia1971

Just B.S., I like it!  Happy Birthday!  It sounds like you're off to a great start.  I hope there's cake in the plan for today.

Marco, The scale showed I also ate and drank too much yesterday.  I know I felt it was worth it.  My brother's neighbor brought us the best dinner rolls.  I can't imagine how much butter was in each one but I ate about four.

Docket_Rocket, I look forward to hearing how the ultra goes.

So, I didn't look out the window before heading out this morning.  I got pelted with sleet for the first 3.5 miles.  I actually thought of turning back for home but when I hit the trail, I realized the wind was now at my back and it wasn't so bad.  My mittens were soaked by about mile 8 but by keeping a fist, I managed to keep my fingers warm enough.  It was a character building run.  And fast - 8:30 pace.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning everyone. Didn't get up early to run and now my 30 day streak is in jeopardy! I'll try to find time later, but a foot of snow is expected to fall. Lots of present opening and food to come today...should be fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Beth!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Happy Birthday, Beth!  Hope you have a wonderful day!  I seriously didn't see this in the title.  I must've needed coffee.

marco, I didn't know you were to become Canadian.

RVD, enjoy your 4.

Julia, sleet?  Ouch!

SIAR, there are enough hours of the day for you to complete your streak.  Don't panic!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Brains aint me forte

Good morning all.  I just got back from running 8 in a mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain.  Character building indeed!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas or at least a nice day off if you don't celebrate.  Still no time for personals for me.  Cable TV guy is supposed to be here in a few to check out a bad box.

Happy Birthday Beth!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Damaris--my mother was born in Canada so I can derive it.  No real benefit unless I would want to go live there.  I have had the paperwork for years, but just haven't done it.

CompetitiveChik

8 done for me. Had to cut my run short cause muscles were tightening up and legs were goin numb as the wind started to pick up. There was a little wind when I first started but it started to picking up as I got up on my miles and I just couldn't keep warm. It was about mile 3 when it really started blowin. I had on 3 layers and I was still freezing. Temp was 33 but wind chill was 25. The wind is what did me in. Stopped to stretch but it didnt do any good. Really bummed cause I live runnin in the cold.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Brains aint me forte

I've been reading all the posts the last few days but just haven't been able to find time to reply.  Rather than try to catch up with everyone I'll just stick to today. ;-)

Julia - I hit the same weather you did.  I set out to run 8 at about 7:30 this morning.  By mile 1.5 it was snowing. At mile 4 the rain and sleet set in.  I just tried to make it fun and not fall down. Mission accomplished on both counts.  Good job getting your character building run in and I'm sorry you are back at the grind already.

Damaris - Glad to see you've got your mojo back.  Enjoy the workout later.

Beth - Happy Birthday again.  I'm not sure when we will get out to see the Hobbit, but not today with the weather we are having.  I hope you enjoy the movie and the b-day dinner too!

Marco - Enjoy your run later and I hope the checkbook balance is better than you fear.  It's really easy to over-spend this time of year!

RVD - I hope the treadmill run is nice to you.  Do you hate the TM as much as I do?

SIAR - Fingers crossed that you are able to keep your streak alive but if it ends today at least you can say it was out of your control.  Stranded in the snow and opening presents is a pretty good excuse.

CC - The wind can be a real pain sometimes.  I'm glad you were able to get in 8 at least.

I just bought myself a late Christmas present.  My FIL gave me a gift card that covered the cost of a pair of new Mizuno Wave Inspire 8's, plus I got free shipping.  All I had to cover was $5.99 in tax, so I'm a happy boy.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

5.41 done just before sundown.  Supposed to be windy and snow tomorrow.  29 miles to go with 5 days left.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

I had typed most of my post but I hit a wrong key and made it go poof.Sad

Beth: Happy birthday!! Hope you had a great run.

Julia: great run in those conditions.

SIAR: good luck getting a run in with that snow.

CC: bummer abouyt the tough weather. Our weather is getting like that now.

Hi everyone else, will write more personals again in a little while. Just wanna get this posted before I poof it again...

I took a RD today because I ran yesterday when I had SRD scheduled. Yesterday ran just 5 w/3 @MP  because once I  got out there, realized legs were pretty tired, plus I didn't have a ton of time by the time I got going.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09