JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Just B.S.

Morning Julia!! Off to the pool!

See U later!

Julia1971

Good morning, runners!

I'm doing a dress rehearsal today - 7 miles in my race day clothes w/2 miles @ goal marathon pace.  After the run, I'm going to do the carbo-load I wrote about yesterday.

I'm still injury-free but this nasal congestion is still bothering me.  I did a nasal rinse this morning and it made my ear hurt.  I don't know what's going on in there but I may try to see my ENT.  Sad

Princess B.S., Have fun at the pool!  BTW, I like the new screen name.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a recovery run later tonight.

Julia, Beth, have a nice day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jojo61397

Morning every one.  4 miles plus last cross fit class before the marathon.

Taper schedule:

Mon: 4 plus x-training

Tue:  Rest

Wed: 8 with 2 at marathon pace

Thurs: Rest

Fri:  5 + sup

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning runners!

I have decided to rest until race day. My achilles wasn't too bothered by the run yesterday but I'll spend this next few days resting as much as possible.  In other outstanding news, my DD has a stomach virus and has thrown up 6 times since she woke up at 3am. Poor thing is having a tough time of it.

Thanks for all the carbo loading tips that everyone contributed yesterday!

I'm too fried for personals, so just a general hello to everyone. :-)

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Princess: Hope you had fun at the pool!

Julia: Hope your dress rehearsal goes well. And I hope you're able to find something that helps the congestion.

Docket: Have a nice recovery run later.

jojo: Enjoy the 4 and cross-fit.

I ran about 4.5 recovery miles this morning. It was my BoMF day, so ran around 3 with the group, the rest on my own before and after.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Finally PRed!!!

Scott: Hope the rest works out for you and hope DD feels better soon!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Still sore after Saturday's 10k.  Just did 4 yesterday on the track and 4 on the treadmill this morning, leaving off the strides.

I'm another who uses the Aussie Carbo Load method.  I use Polycose for my pure carbohydrate source.  Plus I run with a 700 ml handheld filled with water into which I have mixed a cup of Polycose, so that I am getting some carbs replenished as I sip during the run.  I only do this for marathons and 18 - 20 miler training runs.

Julia1971

The dress rehearsal went well. It was about 45 degrees out which is the projected high for us on race day. I was a bit chilly in a tank and arm warmers but not so much that I'd want a long sleeve. I forgot my gloves today but will want them on race day. I did 2 miles at GMP and the pace for the run overall was, I think, my fastest training run ever - 7:55 pace. Smile. I felt like I was running comfortably hard but didn't feel like I was hammering either. Came home and indulged in a carbfest. It was pure deliciousness. Oh, and I heard back from the race - no master's awards. Sad

Good morning,

Just a quick drive-by because of work.  A little shy of 8 done and will try and take Casper out for a few more when I get home.  Trying to average 12 a day for the next couple of weeks as we go on vacation just about taper time.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello...got 8.64 miles in this morning, with 10x10sec hill sprints.  I may have stumbled on something with my feet...I think that I may have some weakness or tightness in my right hip area that is causing my leg not to swing straight through, which in turn is changing where I land on my foot.  When I focused on really bringing my right leg through today, I seemed to have very little foot pain.  It's something to consider anyway.  I also went ahead and ordered a pair of the Hoka Stinson from the store.  I can't believe I'm going to run in those things, but I'm willing to try anything to stay healthy and get in the miles I feel like I need.

Julia...Ok, here's the deal...You place in the masters category, and we'll all chip in on an award for you!  I'm glad the dress rehearsal was such a success for you.  I could go for some deliciousness about now myself - thanks for making me hungry.

Beth...Okay, I can wait a few days for the picture.  Nice job on your mileage and swimming lately.  You'll be coaching that swim group before you know it.

Docket...recover well.

Jodi...Enjoy the miles and crossfit.  That seems smart to take a few days off from the crossfit before your race.

Scott..Getting to the start line feeling strong mentally and physically really is the goal at this point, so if taking the days off are what you think you need, then go for it.  Hope your DD feels better, and that she doesn't pass it to you.

Swift...Sounds like good recovery miles.  I definitely enjoy those kinds of runs a lot more with company.

RVD...Hope the recovery was good for getting some of that soreness out.

Marco...Nice miles for you and Casper.  Good luck with the 12 avg.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hi everyone!  I made it back from our trip to see Grandma.  She actually rallied a bit before we got there.  Come to find out, they gave her too many pain meds and knocked her out pretty good.  Once they backed off of those she was a little more aware.  However, the end is still near.  She'll be going home with hospice and we'll wait and see.  Hopefully, she makes it for her birthday.

My niece was super duper cute.  I forget how tiny newborns are.  We all agree my dd has a mini-me as she looks exactly like dd as a newborn with a head full of dark hair (actually they both look like me as a newborn).  Enough that my blond, green eyed, sil was a bit annoyed the doctor's were questioning if my blond, blued eye'd brother was the father.  They thought she was a little hispanic baby.  My brother quickly pulled out a photo of my daughter as a newborn, who also looked like a hispanic baby at birth, to prove we simply grow 'em with lots of dark hair and yes, she is his daughter.  Lol.  It eventually turns blond.  Smile

Beth - How was the swim today?

Julia - Sorry 'bout the nasal ick. Hope it goes away soon. Glad dress rehearsal was a success.  Carbo loading is a great treat, isn't it?

Damaris - Enjoy the recovery run.

Jodi - Getting close to race day for you.

Scott - Sorry about your dd. That's the worst for kid and mom and dad. Hope the rest is just what the achilles needs.

Swift - Sounds like a good 4.5.

RVD - I'll have to go back and read how your 10k went.

Marco - 12 a day, whew!

SIAR - Good to perhaps have found a reason/solution to the foot pain.

Julia1971

I'm enjoying a carby lunch. I opted for PB&J over the controversial raisin sandwich. Now, I need to think about how to do a high protein diet tomorrow... When I checked my calendar this morning, I noticed I didn't have any meetings on Thursday or Friday, so, I went ahead and blocked off the time. If nothing urgent comes up, I'm going to take both those days off.

D_R, Enjoy the recovery miles.

JoJo, You're in the home stretch!

Scott, Sorry the achilles is not cooperating. I know it must be frustrating... I think I had what your DD has. It was not fun. Hope she feels better soon.

Swift, I like the new av.

RVD, Thanks for the link. It's much more detailed than the one I used yesterday.

Marco, I was looking at the calendar and realizing we need to find you a race for this weekend. Smile. I think you and Pressing are the only regulars not racing.

SIAR, I've noticed the same thing with pulling my leg through and knee issues so I think you may be on to something... And, I look forward to seeing my award. Wink I really shouldn't tempt karma to teach me a lesson.

PressingOn

Oh, I forgot.  I have a 60 minute spin today followed by some core/strength work.  I haven't done squat since Tuesday and that was a recovery walk so my body might go into shock today.  Yesterday was 6 hours in the car.  Bleck.  I need the exercise today.