Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 4/24/13 (Read 12 times)

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Doral 5K

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Wow, two days in a row to start.  I bet I hadn't started the dailies since 2012.  That's what running in the afternoon instead of the morning will do.  Except for a LR, which will be this weekend, I am going to try and run after work and DW promises she will walk during that time.

Off to work in a bit and going to a meeting to discuss the marathon in June.

Hope you have a great day

jojo61397

morning Marco.

Cross fit plus 4-5 miles.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Good morning.

I got up late so I'm planning to run to work today to get in 9 miles.

Yesterday was a rough day.  I was in meetings all morning and didn't get out to "lunch" until 4pm.  I brought it back to my desk but only managed to eat a bite of the sandwich, some chips, and half the soda.  Soon thereafter, I ended up getting in a debate with someone in our IT department about a frustrating policy we have.  I misinterpreted it and it caused one of my directs to do something she wasn't supposed to do.  I had to make several calls and got pretty angry (for me) with some folks.  I think the words, "This is unacceptable" and "This is NOT going to work for me" were used...  I didn't leave work until 6:30pm.  I pretty much run to the LRS and am late.  I got out at about a 8:00/8:15 pace.  Pretty quickly I felt like I was going to get sick.  I was running with a friend but then he went ahead to run with some faster folks.  By 2 miles in, I found myself alone, my stomach upset, and on the verge of tears.  We come to a hill - the same "hill" we ran at RnR USA - and something just snapped.  I didn't want to do it.  I turned around.  Maybe a mile later, the tears came.  I find it hard to run and cry but I managed it yesterday.  I cried for another half mile or so, then stopped and walked so I could think and calm myself down...  Back at the running store we have out team meeting.  I think I'll get along just fine with the team.  Later at happy hour, I did get into a bit of an argument with one of the women in the group at NYCM.  I'm used to pretty much shutting my mouth about whether it should have been cancelled.  I agreed with her when she uttered the classic line: "They should have cancelled it sooner".  But, then she started spouting off about things - I'm not sure what - but the next thing you know we're arguing.  Another guy stepped in to end it, but, I don't think she and I are going to be besties.  Smile  (Sigh).  Thanks for letting me write all this out.  Personals later.  Smile

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Mostly Harmless

Good morning,

It is supposed to hit 70 here today so I'm going to switch my rest day to tomorrow and take advantage of the warm temps.  I'll probably only be able to get in 6 though I would like to stretch it out to 8 if I can.

Marco - Enjoy the run later.

Jodi - The internet is like crack. As much as we try to stay away, here we are.

MTA: Cross posted with Julia

Julia - Sorry you had such a rough day yesterday.  It sucks that running, which is probably your go to stress reliever, didn't help.  I remember the hill you are talking about very well and can't say that I blame you for not wanting to climb it after a rough day.  Who knows, maybe you and your new BFF will end up actually hitting it off?

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Morning, everyone!

marco: Hope you have a good run after work.

jojo: Enjoy your cross-fit and run.

Julia: Sorry about your rough day yesterday. We all have 'em--sounds like a bunch of stuff just hit at once, which is the way it often seems to happen. Hope you had a good 9 in to work and hope you have a better day today, too.

Scott: Enjoy the run in the nice weather.

I got in about 4.65 this morning, including 3 with BoMF. The BoMF run started out very easy, but we have one guy who is pretty fast, and we picked up the pace the last 2 miles. I think he has not been running for a little while (he actually completed the program a while back) so it seemed he was a bit out of shape, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep up with him. But it was fun to run a little faster.

I have another group run tonight at a brewery. That one is only 3 also, but I plan to get in a couple more beforehand.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Mostly Harmless

Lots of cross posting for me!

NTS - Enjoy the run later.  I hope it ENDS at a brewery so you can enjoy a tasty adult beverage when you finish your run!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Scott: Yes, it does end back at the brewery, and I will be sampling the offerings there afterward! Smile

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

I ran 5 recovery miles this morning.  I really need some new routes.  Every morning, I see the same people come out to pick up their newspapers, the same kids waiting for the school bus, and the same people getting in their cars to head out to work.  I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day!

No time for personals now - have to drop the kids off at school and head to work.  I'll stop back this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

jojo61397

No kidding.  I try to get away, and they just keep dragging me back in...  ARGH.  I was thinking that DH would be off of work some of this time, because he's deploying, no joy.  So might as well be on line.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Today is an SRD.

Wednesdays were always supposed to be SRDs in this Hanson plan, but I had started doing 3 and then later 6 miles on these days just to bump my mileage a bit.  In fact, last week was my highest mileage of the year, 69.03.  But this week is the first week that the Hansons' plan is starting to reduce mileage a bit, so I'll start taking these SRDs off.  The Plan reduces miles, but keeps the intensity the same.  I have MP miles tomorrow; next week has 2 mile intervals at HMP and MP miles, and even marathon week has 400 intervals at 5k pace.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles and weights tonight.  I only did 4 last night because I ran out of time.  I need to remember that with the weather getting above 90F it takes me longer to run the same distances.

SIAR, yes, I'm excited to head back home and seeing my dad (and my mom, I guess, LOL).  And to run the first marathon in PR.

marco, hope DW continues walking.  Now my husband wants to restart running.  I'll believe it when I see it.

jojo, hope the cross fit and the miles go well.

Julia, what a tough day.  Hugs.

Scott, enjoy your run.

swift, nice run.

hilltopper, nice run.  I also need new routes from time to time.

RVD, enjoy the rest.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning kids!

Marco...I think your twice in a row might equal the total number of times I've started the dailes!  If my ipad would do it better I'd have started it more on the weekends, but they laugh at me when the formatting is all messed up.  Sounds like a nice ploy to get your wife walking a little.  Those marathon discussions should be interesting.

Jodi...hope the run and cross takes your mind off things a bit.

Julia...Ugh, rough day yesterday.  I guess it can be good to get some emotion out every once in a while, right?  I'm not an agrue-er either, but there are just those days where everything seems like a confrontation.  Today is a new day...and hopefully a much better one!

Scott...Sounds like you have our weather from the last couple days.  Enjoy it now as I'm shipping some more cold weather your way soon.  Hope you can get in all the miles you'd like.

Swift...Another double huh?  You've had lots of run-filled days it seems like.  Nice job running faster too, and enjoy the brews.

Hill...Good job on the slower 5.  I think routes getting stale is of the hardest things about training.  I'm really wanting to find some dirt roads to run, so one of these days I'm just going to pull out the map and figure it out.  Is driving to a route an option for you?  Sometimes even a 10 minute drive can put you in a pretty new spot.

RVD...Enjoy the rest day.  That seems like a smart call to make as taper begins.  This is the first time I'm trying a more active taper personally...the experts have to be right, right?

Docket...More hours needed in a day, right?  Have a good run and weight session tonight.  This is the first marathon in PR?  That's really cool that you'll get to be a part of it.  Seeing your parents will be nice too (even if it may be as tiring as running the race ha).  Are they in pretty good health still?

Group run for me tonight - 5 miles.  We're going to go slowly, and I may even talk them into running a flatter route just to keep it extra easy.  I couldn't find a singlet I liked this year (everything was just plain or a bad color), so I think I'm going to wear what I did in my last marathon.  That doesn't sound like much fun, but I do really like the singlet.  Maybe I'll find something at the expo.  I guess that little diatribe is the exact definition of first world problems, huh?

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hey all.  No time for personals as I need to get ds to school.  Yes, he's going to school today.  He is upstairs playing and happy so I know he's feeling much better today.

I have my mp run today that I was supposed to do yesterday.  Temp is supposed to be warm, up to 70, and I'm actually psyched to run in it so I can have some warm weather practice in case my marathon winds up being sunny and warm.  I haven't run in anything much over mid 50's and rarely in sun.  Yes, Damaris, you can be quiet.  Big grin

Back for personals later, I hope!

Bad Ass

Meh, more or less.  They have several illnesses but nothing major, thankfully.

Morning kids!

Marco...I think your twice in a row might equal the total number of times I've started the dailes!  If my ipad would do it better I'd have started it more on the weekends, but they laugh at me when the formatting is all messed up.  Sounds like a nice ploy to get your wife walking a little.  Those marathon discussions should be interesting.

Jodi...hope the run and cross takes your mind off things a bit.

Julia...Ugh, rough day yesterday.  I guess it can be good to get some emotion out every once in a while, right?  I'm not an agrue-er either, but there are just those days where everything seems like a confrontation.  Today is a new day...and hopefully a much better one!

Scott...Sounds like you have our weather from the last couple days.  Enjoy it now as I'm shipping some more cold weather your way soon.  Hope you can get in all the miles you'd like.

Swift...Another double huh?  You've had lots of run-filled days it seems like.  Nice job running faster too, and enjoy the brews.

Hill...Good job on the slower 5.  I think routes getting stale is of the hardest things about training.  I'm really wanting to find some dirt roads to run, so one of these days I'm just going to pull out the map and figure it out.  Is driving to a route an option for you?  Sometimes even a 10 minute drive can put you in a pretty new spot.

RVD...Enjoy the rest day.  That seems like a smart call to make as taper begins.  This is the first time I'm trying a more active taper personally...the experts have to be right, right?

Docket...More hours needed in a day, right?  Have a good run and weight session tonight.  This is the first marathon in PR?  That's really cool that you'll get to be a part of it.  Seeing your parents will be nice too (even if it may be as tiring as running the race ha).  Are they in pretty good health still?

Group run for me tonight - 5 miles.  We're going to go slowly, and I may even talk them into running a flatter route just to keep it extra easy.  I couldn't find a singlet I liked this year (everything was just plain or a bad color), so I think I'm going to wear what I did in my last marathon.  That doesn't sound like much fun, but I do really like the singlet.  Maybe I'll find something at the expo.  I guess that little diatribe is the exact definition of first world problems, huh?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."