Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/2/13 (Read 13 times)

Julia1971

April:

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

Julia1971 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Jackdyl11 - 4/7 - Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Good morning everyone.

Fartlek run for me today.  It's my second time doing this workout and the speed portion is now 30 seconds.  My hamstrings feel a lot better today.  Not 100% but healing up nicely.  I think with some more light stretching, they'll be good to go in a couple of days.

I might hit the gym tonight for an arms and abs workout depending on how the day goes.

JenRosie, Now that's more like it!  Sorry to hear work been keeping you too busy to run, though.  Those easy runs aren't going to make any difference at this point.  The hay is in the barn with two weeks out.  (I like using that phrase).

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning-

Just got back from 5 easy miles.

Julia, good to hear the hamstring is feeling better.

Marco, hope you feel better.

JenRosie, you're going to be fine - it's taper time!

Have a great day, everyone.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

jojo61397

Good morning Julia and Hilltopper!

Much needed rest day today Smile!...

Got in cross fit and 3 miles running (we did a 3/4 mile run during cross fit).  I'm so excited about the strength I'm gaining with these workouts.  Yesterday, I did 15 pushups.  When I could not even do one when I first started.  I also am getting very close to doing a "legal" pull up.  Something I never could do, even in the Air Force (I always failed that part of the PT test).

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 11 miles tonight.

For the first time since she was hospitalized, Trixie came downstairs on her own to get her bowl of wet food.  And she ate 90% of it.  yay.

Julia, Enjoy the fartleks.

hilltopper, nice 5.

jojo, enjoy the rest.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys. I'm leaning toward a rest day today. My body feels good, it's just a little achy and tired, especially my feet. I don't know, I think I may need it for mental health more than anything.

Julia...I don't know why I think I'm peaking. I just feel a little on the edge as far as health (mostly paranoia). Enjoy your workouts.

Hill...great work with the five.

Jodi...you just continue to make awesome improvements. Impressive.

Docket...have a great 11. Go Trixie!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Brains aint me forte

Hey folks. Finally getting a minute to say hi.  No running for me but I'll do some push-ups and sit-ups later.

I wanted to get in a long run yesterday on the flat trail but work conspired against me.  I ended up getting in 5 at a closer but much tougher trail.  I tried to run it at recovery pace but it ended up being a real mixed bag. One of the river crossings was washed out and I had to cut it short to just 5 miles.  I want to get in at least 10 tomorrow.

Marco - I hope you are feeling better and were able to get your run in this morning.

JenRosie - Breathe normally and relax.  If not, at least try to enjoy your freak out.

Julia - Enjoy your Fartlek (giggle) today.

Hilltopper - Hiya! Good to see you posting back here regularly.  Congrats on your mini-streak.

Jodi - Enjoy your RD. Congrats on the upper body strength improvements.  You have been making very solid fitness gains for at least a couple months now.  I'm sure that feels awesome!

Damaris - Enjoy the 11 later. Glad to hear that your Trixie is almost back to normal. I'm sure that's a relief.

SIAR - Enjoy your rest day, that is if you are able to let yourself rest.  Otherwise I hope the ultra-marathon you run on your lunch break is good.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Hi all!  Guess it wasn't an April Fool's fluke.  I'm back again for a second day.  Smile  I have an hour long  fartlek workout today.  I'll get as many miles done as fit into that hour.  It'll be on the tm since both kids are home for spring break. Tomorrow is an easy bike ride and I hope, given the weather is nice, to take the kids along with me.  I have a 20 miler on Thursday and my parents are taking the kids for me so I'll be free to run.  Hurray for grandparents!

Marco - Glad you're feeling better.  Hope the meds are easily figured out.

JenRosie - Hope the kids tummy bug stays far away from you!  Seems mine always get sick in the 1-2 weeks prior to a marathon.

Julia - I have a fartlek run today as well. Course, I have yet to do mine and I bet you're long done.

Hill - Hope you had a good 5 miler.

Jodi - Glad the crossfit is working for you. I have a friend that is big into that scene and she is ripped.

Damaris - Glad Trixie is better.

SIAR - Seems like the taper crazies to me. I forsee a great marathon in your future!

Scott - Bummer about the river crossing being washed out. Sounds like it was at least a hard earned 5 miler.

Okay, that's it.  I've gotta get onto my treadmill now.

Julia1971

The fartlek run went well.  I probably ran the fast portions too hard but I'm not sure what 1500m pace is for me right now.

I didn't realize I have an off day scheduled for tomorrow so I can lift in the morning instead.  Hooray!

Hilltopper, Nice to see you made it out today.

JoJo, Good luck getting that pull up!  I can only imagine doing one.

D_R, Go Trixie!  Go Trixie!  Glad she's feeling better.  Have a good 11.

SIAR, You've been training hard for a while so I can see how you might feel that way.  You're not going to beat my 108 day streak anyway, so why not take a rest day.  Wink

Scott, Sounds like an adventure!  Do you run on trails often?

Pressing, You have an active week.  I bet the grandparents are happy to hang out with the kids.

Brains aint me forte

Scott, Sounds like an adventure!  Do you run on trails often?

Other than the C&O Canal, very rarely in the cold months. As it gets warmer I try to run on the trails more because it is cooler under the trees.  I don't really consider myself a "trail runner" though. I like the man made trails that are smooth and wide and not the technical trails that the real trail runners enjoy.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

I hadn't thought about the tree cover angle.  Very interesting...  I saw on Facebook that Active is donating the registration fees they collected for the race towards service member causes.  Good for them!

Other than the C&O Canal, very rarely in the cold months. As it gets warmer I try to run on the trails more because it is cooler under the trees.  I don't really consider myself a "trail runner" though. I like the man made trails that are smooth and wide and not the technical trails that the real trail runners enjoy.

going to the doctor tomorrow.  I am overdue for a checkup anyway.  Feel back to normal but it was another 10 hours at work and I only did 2.5 in the morning.  It was too cold and I wimped out, went back to the house, and went to work early.  Hoping for better tomorrow after the appointment.