October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Run the mile you are in.

Julia1971

Good morning, everyone.

Today, I have a 10 mile general aerobic run.  I'm feeling a little groggy this morning, which is pretty typical of my Mondays.  Muscle soreness isn't too bad.  A little in my quads.  I did my eveving 4 miler on the treadmill at the gym and then spent a good 15 minutes with the foam roller.  I'm becoming convinced that the pain I feel in my left knee on some runs is related to tight muscles in my hammies and quads or maybe early onset IT band.  The foam roller seems to be helping but I'm also wondering about taking a Pilates class once a week to stretch them out more. 

My thoughts are with all the parents who are sending their children to school or day care today and the teachers who are reporting to work.  I'm sure the next few days/weeks are going to be tough for them.

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD today.

I'm so lonely up there on the list!

Julia, good news overall.

I am not a parent but I can imagine how parents must feel dropping their kids at school today.  Very sad.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning Julia and Docket. Julia, I hope the classes or roller does the trick. I hate the guess-work I feel like I have to do when things like that crop up.

RUN DONE: 6 mile recovery in pooring rain. Felt fine though.

Must hurry to work.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

jojo61397

Julia-- thanks, it's nerve wracking.  I'm more worried about what my daughter will hear rather than afraid of anything happening.  I know that once I let her out the door there isn't much I can do to protect, I put my trust in the school, God, and everyone else to do that.

Docket-- I wish I could join you, there's a half marathon in Panama City Beach that I would have LOVED to do, BUT we are going to be in Minneapolis next week.

Mark-- have a great day at work...

Hi y'all to everyone else I missed or posted with...

I have 5-6 miles on tap today, probably a treadmill run, though I'm hoping the weather holds for an outdoor run this morning.  We are supposed to get thunderstorms.  Going to Minneapolis is 4 more days.  So much to do.  My GMIL is not doing well, and it seems she had a seizure last night, we think she is going to pass away soon, so we may be home for the funeral.  I just hope it's not Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  My grandfather died on Christmas Day.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Good morning all.  Just read though all the weekend posts.  I'm not going to go back and reply to personals except to wish SIAR a happy birthday.  Replying to everyone would take all morning!

I'm running 8 miles today during my lunch break.  I work from home on Monday and my job is flexible enough that I can take a long lunch break to run and then work late to make up the lost time.  Before I became part of "Management" I worked at home 3 days a week and used my lunch breaks to do most of my runs.  Now that I'm limited to just Mondays I have to juggle the schedule more to fit in my runs like everyone else.  I was spoiled!

Julia - I hope you figure out what's going on with the knee.  Enjoy the 10.  Hopefully you can put that off until later in the day when it warms up.

Damaris - Enjoy the RD. Sorry, but my kids won't let me mail the cookies away.

Mark - I enjoy rainy runs too.  Good job on the 6.

Jodi - I'll keep my fingers crossed that your weather holds and you won't be forced to the treadmill.

Have a good day all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Good morning,

A little less than 8 done earlier.  I just can't find the time to get back to double digits....maybe Tuesday and Wednesday when I am off from work but the weather is supposed to be crappy.

Julia--thanks for the start....I have thought about the foam roller, but I have to run hard to get sore and I guess I don't put out the effort.

Damaris--enjoy the RD...not off from work, are you?

Mark--good job in the rain....last time I looked we are supposed to get rain/snow today....rain and wind tomorrow...and a mix on Wednesday

Jodi--it is so tough to lose loved ones over the holidays.  I went to two funerals last week and many years ago lost both grandmothers in the week before Christmas

Scott--do you eat before or after the lunch run?

CompetitiveChik

Up late. headed out for my run.

Can someone pls add my races to the list? They're in my siggy box. Thanks

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia1971

CC, your races are on the board.

Scott, it wasn't that bad today - 50 but a lot of moisture in the air.  I worry about visability on mornings like this, though, so I wore my reflective vest and my head lamp.

Best part of the run: getting a Hoo-ay from a runner in an Army jacket.  Smile

ETA: Oh, and I got in to the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler.  Whoo hoo!  (I also qualify as a seeded runner, so I have to look into what that entails.)

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

marco, I took the afternoon off, so yes, off from work for half the day.

Scott, good luck with the run.

Jodi, good luck with your short run.

Rach, the Apocalypse Survivors race sounds awesome.

Julia, yay for getting in.

markrice, morning!

Blog

Mostly Harmless

Marco - I usually eat a light snack shortly before I run. Most often that is a fruit and nut bar.  They don't bother my stomach and supply a few carbs for the run.  I'll eat lunch at my desk after I get back.

CC - I'm glad you're running the HM.  Now Damaris won't feel so lonely up on the calendar anymore.  If someone hadn't registered to race soon, she might have resorted to a SNIFF!

Julia - You must be closer to the city than I am.  It was only 42 up here in Fredneck earlier on. Almost 50 now which means I get to run in shorts today

Mostly Harmless

Marco - I usually eat a light snack shortly before I run. Most often that is a fruit and nut bar.  They don't bother my stomach and supply a few carbs for the run.  I'll eat lunch at my desk after I get back.

CC - I'm glad you're running the HM.  Now Damaris won't feel so lonely up on the calendar anymore.  If someone hadn't registered to race soon, she might have resorted to a SNIFF!

Julia - You must be closer to the city than I am.  It was only 42 up here in Fredneck earlier on. Almost 50 now which means I get to run in shorts today.

ETA: Dang, hit the submit button too soon.  Julia, I'm interested to find out what a "seeded runner" is.

Just B.S.

Hi guys! A few minutes to pop in while making son's requested dish for his homecoming today!!

(lasagna with garlic toast).  He has 3/5 of his final marks back so far and has two B+ and one A+,

so he can have whatever he wants to eat!!

I'm going to try and get in 6 or 7 miles before he arrives.  Hubby's last day of work is today and he doesn't go

back until Jan 2nd!!  Don't you hate people who get 6 weeks vacation!LOL

Son was supposed to be here at 9am but his flight has been cancelled twice because of freezing rain.

Scheduled now for 5pm, hopefully he gets home today.

Julia, you are fast girl!!

Scott, how is the foot doing?

Have a good day folks!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...Thanks for getting us started each morning.  I completely agree with your sentiments about school today.  I have a couple teacher friends and can just imagine what it must be like to have to deal with the own fears and the children's as well.  Nice job on your run, and great news about Cherry Blossom.  I only ever had ITB trouble when I was playing soccer, but the stretch where you stand, cross one leg of the other, and then touch your toes was always enough to cure it for me.  Just a thought if you haven't tried it yet.

Docket...You?  Lonely?  Sniff.  I hope you enjoy the half day and get your headache to clear finally.

Mark...Nice job getting out in the rain.  I guess it's just one of those things you have to do from time to time.

Jodi..Good luck getting the miles in....maybe you'll get lucky with the rain.  I can see how it'd be tough to get runs in while your in MN, but since it's still almost 3 weeks out I think your plan of trying to do so is smart (and I liked Swift's suggestion of trying for one in the 90 min range too).

NotScott...Thank you, sir.  Enjoy the 8 over lunch.  I'm very spoiled as well, so I know where you're coming from.  I don't know if I'd be able to do anywhere near what some of you guys do if I was working 8-5 at an office. 

Marco...It must be killing you not running the daily 10.  It's been so long since we've had crappy weather I don't even know what it looks like.  I guess at one point, many moons ago, Ohio was actually below the equator (that's what I read at the aquarium yesterday).  It seems like we're reverting to that kind of weather!

CC...Hope you had a good run and enjoyed sleeping in.

Beth...Lasagna sounds pretty good!  I'm sure your son will appreciate it.  What is he studying?  You guys are going to have an awesome time with your DH off of work and the kids around.  Enjoy it!

As for me, 8.55 miles done.  It was day 21 of my streak, and even though I'm getting a little sick of it, I promised myself I'd run every day in December.  The thought of trying to run every day through my marathon had crossed my mind, but I know it's not necessary for reaching my goal, so I'll probably scrap that.  Who knows, maybe if I just keep at it the mental staleness will diminish.  I'm off to do some Christmas shopping.  Since I do sales work and nobody is really buying right now, I think I'm kinda done through the holidays ha. 

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Hmmm, lasagna.

Thank you for making me hungry.

Blog