Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/16/13 - Running with Boston in Our Hearts (Read 17 times)

Julia1971

April:

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

I think we'll all be running with a heavy heart today.

I stayed up way too late watching news last night but am up and almost ready to run.  Having coffee and Nuun.  I have 9 miles of mostly intervals today.  I may run into work but haven't decided, yet.  And, I have one last thing I need to do before heading out.

Edited to add: I'm ready for my run now:

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jojo61397

I'm still a little sick today.  But will be running 3-4 miles for Boston today.  Also will be wearing my husband's Boston jacket in honor of the victims.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

Hello friends.  I read all the posts yesterday and was relieved to hear that Marco and JenRosie are both OK.  I was too angry to post anything that wouldn't turn into a rant.

I have to give a presentation at work today at 11:15 that I was nervous about.  It doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.  Planning a ROUD after that.  At least 5 but I might take some leave and stretch it out to 8-10.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 with 2 @ MP tonight.  Will be wearing Boston blue and yellow.

Julia, nice shirt.  Hope you enjoy your run.

Jodi, feel better.

Scott, good luck with the presentation.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jackdyl11

Good morning!

I got my intervals in today - 3x(1200, 800, 400).  i had too big of a jump in paces (4:11, 2:44, 1:17, 4:03, 2:39, 1:13, 3:52, 2:33, 1:09), but otherwise it was a good workout.  Someone joined me for the last set.  My coach was watching us and we were apparently step for step the whole way.  Then afterwards he was tripping over himself telling us how good our form looked, which was great to hear! I've never been called beautiful before!!  I wish that guy was just a little faster so we could run the whole workout together.  I bet he could do it if he chose to given the pace of the last set.

Sorry for not posting last night but I'm very happy our marco and Jen are ok!  All of my other Boston runners were ok too thank god.   I can't express how angry this makes me while staying appropriate for the forum.

Anyway, Julia, very nice shirt.

Jodi - Sorry your feeling sick.  I have a little cold too but nothing too bad.  Hope you feel better.

Scott - What's a ROUD?

DR - Nice touch on the blue and yellow.  I'm going to find my Boston shirt and where that on tomorrow's run.

Mostly Harmless

Julia - I didn't see the picture you posted before. My agency has a lot of websites blocked so I looked at it on my phone.  That is really touching and I think I'm going to do the same to my shirt today.

MTA: Jack - ROUD = Run of undetermined distance.  I picked that up that acronym here. Not sure where it came from.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Glad to see Jen checked in last night, and to know that so many of our friends on this site are doing okay.  Even still, others aren't okay, and that's just so wrong and unfair.

Julia...Love the shirt you made.  I hope you had a good run.

Jodi...I feel the same way.  Maybe the run will take away some of the frustration.

Scott...Good luck with the presentation.  Enjoy the run later.

Docket...Have a good run with the MP miles.  The Boston colors are a good idea.

Jack...It seems like you always get somebody to hop in with your workouts.  It's always nice to get compliments on your form!  It's awfully hard to carry your paces with bad form in my opinion.  ROUD is run of unscheduled distance.

As for me, I'm thinking an ROUD is in order as well.  I may do as much as 14, or as few as 8, depending on how I'm feeling.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

I ended up doing 5 miles, I just couldn't stop.  The sun was coming up on the bayou and it was so gorgeous, like the people who passed yesterday were smiling down on me.  My first mile was a 6:55, the other miles were in the 7s and 8s...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

It's great to see all of the support on here for those most affected by the tragedy in Boston yesterday.  As sickening as this story is, it is heartwarming to read stories about all of the heroes, including runners who had just finished 26.2 miles and helped to put tourniquets on people's legs, having no way to know if there would be another blast.

Jen, it's great to hear you're OK.

Julia, I love the shirt.  I hope your intervals went well.

Jodi, I hope you feel better soon.

Scott, good luck on your presentation and have fun on the ROUD.

Damaris, have a nice 7.

Jack, great job on those intervals.

SIAR, sounds like a ROUD kind of day - just get out and run without caring where or how far.  You seem to be ready to break 3 hours - how do you feel?

As for me, it was basically a ROUD as well.  I started on a regular route, but just felt like changing it up.  Ended up with 6.25, which included 6 x 110 yds. of strides.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

PressingOn

JenRosie - Thanks for checking in and glad to hear you are okay!

I have my group run today and am supposed to run mp pace intervals.  I will be wearing a race shirt.  Have not decided which one yet though.  The whole thing makes me sad and my heart breaks for the little 8 year old boy that died and his family.  He was in 3rd grade as is my son. That makes it hit really close to home and I think of my own son standing at many finish lines.

Nice shirt, Julia
                        Jodi - Feel better!
                        Scott - Good luck with the presentation. You're right, this puts lots in perspective.
                        Damaris - Have a good 7
                        Jackdyl - Great job on your workout.
                        SIAR - Have a good ROUD
                        Hill - Glad you had a good ROUD

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ended up running 11 miles, taking Docket's lead and doing it in blue shorts and a yellow race shirt. It was kinda a hard run, but I think that was probably to be expected.

Jodi...I'm glad you had a nice run.

Hill...it was that kind of day for sure. Sounds like a good run for you. As for me, I had an awesome training cycle and was killing it until 2 weeks ago. The last 2 weeks were rough though, and shook my confidence a bit. I'm feeling better now, and definitely am going to be able to make a good run at sub3.

Pressing...it is so sad that it had to be a little person. I hope your run goes well.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

It didn't start out this way, but as I ran today I my thoughts kept returning to the 8 year old boy that was killed yesterday.  Eventually I decided I would run 8 miles and pray for him and his family along the way.  When I got back, I opened up Facebook and one of the first posts I saw was from George Takei  had this picture with the following caption:

I want to share this simple, beautiful image. This is Martin Richard, 8, who was killed in yesterday's attack. His sister and mother are critically injured. His message, "No more hurting people--Peace" is something we should all seek to honor, and remember him by.

CompetitiveChik

I had cycling on the schedule today so I went out for 26.2 miles but didn't have enough time. I did get 16.3 done.

speed work tomorrow so I'll be runnin that for Boston

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Hi all,

Police were preventing people from leaving last night, but we were not going home until today.  Hotel restaurant had sent all the chefs home since everything had closed up.  However, the staff made us some stew and soup and the bar was open.  Everything was on the house including the 10 or so pizzas they somehow had delivered.  Awfully nice of them.  This morning we found that the street that we were on was the boundary line to the closed off area, so even though we didn't feel like it, we did a little sightseeing and shopping.  Now on the train headed north and will be home tomorrow.

Some forumites from RWOL had family in the stands and witnessed some terrible things. As far as I know, everyone was accounted for.  We spent a lot of money, I had a bad race, and only got to meet my forum friends just once.  But, I still want to go next year.  I was physically hurting immediately after the race, but feel pretty good today.  May hit the TM at the hotel later.