Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/30/12 (Read 153 times)

Julia1971

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Brains aint me forte

I see we have cross posts this morning...

SRD for me. Pasting my reply from last night:

SIAR - The waterfall run sounds awesome! I'm glad you had a good time!

Julia - Good job on the 18. You're right, it is funny how much of a difference there can be in weather between Northern VA and Fredneck.  I almost changed my mind at least three times this morning about running today or tomorrow.  Glad I ended up doing it today.

Marco - Nice job running this morning and happy shopping. I just bought some shoes with a gift card myself. Yes, the pic is from the C&O. I pretty much do all of my long runs there.

CC - Enjoy the trip and I'm glad the yoga is working for you.  I keep saying I'll try that one of these days....

Damaris - Good job on the 5k but sorry about the asthma attack.

Beth - Nice pic in the paper! I hope the 12 went well.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Feeling a little stiff today but nothing too bad.  Scheduled to do a double today - 6 in the morning and another 4 this evening.  I'll do the 6 outside but have been doing the second part of my doubles on the treadmill at the gym and then following up with 15 minutes on the foam roller.

No luck at the running store yesterday.  Mostly because everything's been picked over at this point and they didn't have the size I wanted in the jackets I liked.  But, I'm going to check into ordering something online.

Just B.S., cool picture!

Scott, haha - Fredneck.  I have to admit, I'm one of those people who rarely leaves the Beltway.  I think I've only been to Frederick on my way to somewhere else.  My BFF keeps trying to get me to run the half (?) marathon you all have up there.  Is it a half or a full?

Finally PRed!!!

Yep, once I saw my other thread was too late, I changed it to be a thread about the training plan I finally made for my last 11 weeks until my marathon. It is just a guideline, and changes may be made, but anyway, I  would be happy for suggestions/comments. There aren't many 20+ runs. Last time, I think I  did too many of those. Plus, this time the Sat runs are determined for me by the training group I'm running with. I can add miles to those earlier.

Julia: ha, you are just faster than I am, no getting around it!

Scott: enjoy your SRD. I enjoy running with groups, but I also run  4-5x/week by myself, probably more if you count running alone on the way to meeting up with them.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: hope your double goes well.

I forgot to post what I'm running today--just planning an easy 6 or so. Hope everyone has a great day!

Brains aint me forte

Julia- Frederick used to have a full but they had to do away with after 2010 for logistical reasons. The HM is awesome! Great course and crowd support. I have run it twice and highly recommend it.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

4 recovery miles done this a.m. I'm pretty beat up from yesterday. The guys I ran with were all very experienced trail runners and most were 100 mile racers, so I guess I was a touch out of my league. Oh well, I suppose running with better runners is one way to improve.

. Heading out for most of the day, so I'll try to catch up with everyone this evening.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

Morning dailies. This is why we did our 12 miles yesterday instead of today. Many more inches to come.

Please come visit and bring your shovel (snow blower preferred actually). I am making turkey soup and

pea soup today. Plus tea buscuits so you will be well fed.

An hour on the bike trainer later today.

Finally PRed!!!

B.S.: great pics! And the newspaper pic from yesterday is very cool!

No snow here, but we have temps in 30s right now (supposed to go to mid40s today).

Bad Ass

Morning!  Just woke up so a much needed rest from the asthma attack exhaustion.  Which brings me to the question of how did I finish Vegas like this?  Sheesh!  A run of indeterminate length and weights tonight.  I cannot wait.

Beth, that is some gorgeous weather to me.  Looks very pretty.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just B.S.

Beth, that is some gorgeous weather to me.  Looks very pretty.

Great, so you are volunteering to come shovel? We have about 3 months of this to go so

you have plenty of time to get here!Big grin

P.S. our driveway is 125 ft long and we don't have a snowblower so come rested and wear

lots of layers!

Good morning,

Now at work where it is dead.  Did 7.75 in the worst conditions above zero I have ever run in.  About a foot of snow...25mph...blowing the snow sideways into my eyes....and the sidewalks have about 3 feet of snow.  I needed goggles or something but I ran in the road since there was no traffic.  It took me 80 minutes to run that!  At least I have the yearly mileage PR, so I may take the day off tomorrow.

Our house came with a snowblower and it takes about 30 minutes for our driveway.  However, it was tough today because the drifts were about two feet deep at the end of the driveway.

Hope your Sunday is a good one

Bad Ass

The work can be hired out, right? Big grin

Great, so you are volunteering to come shovel? We have about 3 months of this to go so

you have plenty of time to get here!Big grin

P.S. our driveway is 125 ft long and we don't have a snowblower so come rested and wear

lots of layers!

Blog

Julia1971

Marco, your run sounds exhausting.  Good job powering through it.  I don't know if you agree but I'm coming to think the wind is what makes winter running miserable.  Although, a foot of snow isn't exactly a cake walk.

Just B.S., thanks for the lovely pictures.  I wish we had snow here.  But, about half of what you have.  Smile

SIAR, I think running with the big dogs will pay off.  I ran with my running group today.  I stayed with the 8:00/milers for a whole mile.  I was very proud of myself.  LOL!

Scott, I'll put the Frederick half on my list.  I've heard good things about it.

D_R., hope you start to feel better.  I saw on the list you're scheduled to do the Goofy.  Are you excited about it?  I thought about doing it but chickened out.

Bad Ass

I did it last year. I was more excited last year, but yes.  Looking forward to doing it.

Marco, your run sounds exhausting.  Good job powering through it.  I don't know if you agree but I'm coming to think the wind is what makes winter running miserable.  Although, a foot of snow isn't exactly a cake walk.

Just B.S., thanks for the lovely pictures.  I wish we had snow here.  But, about half of what you have.  Smile

SIAR, I think running with the big dogs will pay off.  I ran with my running group today.  I stayed with the 8:00/milers for a whole mile.  I was very proud of myself.  LOL!

Scott, I'll put the Frederick half on my list.  I've heard good things about it.

D_R., hope you start to feel better.  I saw on the list you're scheduled to do the Goofy.  Are you excited about it?  I thought about doing it but chickened out.

Blog