Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 5/6/13 (Read 13 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

marco: Enjoy the taper!

Julia: Great job with the intervals. I don't even own racing flats, but sometimes my calves do feel it after speedwork. It does seem to work the muscles differently.

Bruce: Hope you enjoyed the lunchtime run.

SIAR: Glad you had a nice time with your friends. Enjoy the easy run.

RVD: Hope the hamstring is okay.

B.S.: Great job with the MP run.

Scott: Congrats again on the big PR.! Enjoy the walk later.

Pressing: Great job in your hot and hilly race!

CC: Nice 6!

Congrats again to all the racers!

URD for me today, as I noticed this morning that my left ankle is pretty swollen. Not sure if it is related to the poison ivy (the rash was worst on my left leg, but not really near the ankle) or to the shin splint-like symptoms I'd been having last week. Icing now and keeping it elevated. The ankle itself is not sore at all, but it just does not look like I should run on it. Lower part of the shin is still a little sore (and I guess that could be swollen too, but it's hard to tell). I had tomorrow as an SRD, so if it seems better tomorrow, maybe I can do the recovery run that was planned for today. Or maybe I'll just have to take a couple days off. Grr. I hate to do that, but I know it is what I would recommend to someone else.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Bad Ass

I am on board my flight but I will have an RR tonight (Assuming I have internet).

The weather wa so bad, I just trained for Badwater.

Can someone add me for 05/11?  I am doing thhe Lou Gherig's Disease 10K.

Anybody hear from Docket_Rocket?

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

RVD..sounds like storm dodging is a theme for a lot of us.  I wouldn't worry at all about getting a substantive workout in before the weekend if you're feeling some pain, especially not if it's something you've struggled with before.  If it were me, I'd probably just hit some miles at MP and call it a day.

Beth...Glad you're having fun with your taper.  Nice job in the pool, and good work with the volunteering too.  Have fun with Marco!

Scott...Good to read that you're feeling pretty good.  I'm sure a little walk will help some too.

Julia...Nicely done on the intervals.  A couple seconds at our level seem pretty negligible.  Any time I get annoyed that I'm a few seconds off, I remember to laugh at myself because I'm not actually good enough to be that concerned.  I think it's pretty normal to feel some extra soreness with the flats.  I'd like to spend some more time in mine too, but I still fear the injury that shall not be named. *squish*

Pressing...Ha, nice to be loved.  Congrats on finishing and having a good time.  Sorry you had to deal with the heat - I know it's not your favorite.  And no, the group didn't get out for a run.  Had I not been recovering still, I may have been more inclined to get everyone moving for one.  The weekend all went by pretty quickly, unfortunately.

CC...Sounds like a great run.  You might as well run fast while you're feeling good, as long as you don't do it too many days in a row.  I hope you get the weather you're looking for.

Swift...Sorry about the ankle.  Your comment about recommending the rest to someone else was funny.  That's exactly how us runners seem to think.  We know what we're supposed to do, but it's just so hard.  I'm sure you'll be smart and can just play it by ear.

Docket...I can't wait to see the RR.  Badwater has always been in the back of my mind - maybe one day.

As for me, I had a pretty decent little fitness day.  I ran a little over 6 miles earlier, and then got out for 20.5 miles on my bike tonight.  It was my first ride of the year.  Getting my bike back to functioning shape took forever, but I was impressed that I figured it out without having to take it in to the shop.  I still don't really know where I'm going or what I'm doing with my training (fear not Julia, a poll will be forthcoming), but I figure it can't hurt to at least try and work in some bike miles.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

(Shudders).  Gross.  I'm going to go stretch my feet now.  Smile

Julia...Nicely done on the intervals.  A couple seconds at our level seem pretty negligible.  Any time I get annoyed that I'm a few seconds off, I remember to laugh at myself because I'm not actually good enough to be that concerned.  I think it's pretty normal to feel some extra soreness with the flats.  I'd like to spend some more time in mine too, but I still fear the injury that shall not be named. *squish*

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Pressing--I used to back when we were on RWOL.  However, most of the time, I am trying to squeeze every mile I can in the morning, so I don't have time.