Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 4/27 (Read 12 times)

Julia1971

I did 4 miles "easy" this evening followed by some strides and form drills.  I ate dinner and had some Nuun as soon as I got back.  Now, I'm going to get my stuff ready for tomorrow.  My shoes are violet and orange.  What matches that?  And, of course, I have to paint my nails.  Smile  I'm hoping to get 7 or 8 hours sleep tonight, though.

SIAR, Good luck tomorrow!

Scott, Hope the sore throat is nothing serious.

Swift, Thanks!

Hilltopper, Congrats on the 40 mile week!  That's two in a row.  Keep it rolling!

D_R, That's awesome!  I'll head over to BF in a few and read the report...

Just B.S., Congrats on the course P.R. and placing in your A.G.!  It sounds like a tough course so you must have worked hard for it.  And, it's cool that your husband did so well, too.  Lots to feel good about in the house today!  Hope you're both recovering well.

Marco, Your evening sounds dreamy.  Well, except for the ice soak part.  Have a good one!

JoJo, Frustrating.  I feel sorry for the kid, though.  The parents should know better than to make a sick kid play soccer.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

jojo61397

Julia-- I do too.  Sick kiddos should be at home snuggled up on the couch watching Disney Movies, drinking Ginger Ale, and eating saltines!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Just B.S.

Just B.S., Congrats on the course P.R. and placing in your A.G.!  It sounds like a tough course so you must have worked hard for it.  And, it's cool that your husband did so well, too.  Lots to feel good about in the house today!  Hope you're both recovering well.

Thanks Julia. Actually didn't work that hard,  felt easier than other  years. It is a very tough course

and it felt really great until the last 1/2 mile.

With a 2 minute PR that actually felt easier I think that says a lot about my current fitness, despite

everything I have been thu in the last 2 months. That's why I was so happy with the results.Smile

SIAR, thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow!

jackdyl11

I haven't managed to post in a little while. Work and family have just gotten a bit too busy so I haven't been online at all much.  Luckily it is taper time so running didn't suffer.  I have my last "long" run tomorrow of 12 miles.  I'm switching between being really confident and losing my mind!  I did four miles at about MP on Thursday and it was easy, which is great but not too surprising.  One week to go!

CC - Hope the race went well!

Marco - mmm pizza and beer.  I've been good lately but that's my plan for after my race next weekend.  Good thinking.

NTS - Hope it was a good run!

SIAR - Good luck tomorrow/today!!

Julia - You too!!

Scott - Feel better.  Is it allergies?  I'm feeling those pretty bad this year.

Hill - Good job on the mileage.

DR - Glad to hear the 5k went so well after your race last weekend!

Jodi - Sorry to hear about soccer.  How are your kids feeling? Did they catch whatever it was?

Just BS - Thanks for the race report! That sounds like a tough one! Good job on the placing and the big PR.