Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/19/2013 (Read 17 times)

PressingOn

Hi all!  SRD for me.  Yesterday was a 25 minute walk with 20 minutes of stretching.  Legs are still a bit sore.  Walking down our steep hill to the bus was somewhat tough but walking on level land or uphill is no problem.  Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be feeling back to normal.

Since I missed yesterday my personals are a mix of today and yesterday.

Scott - Glad ds had a good time at the tournament. Remember, those hills usually have a downhill portion as the reward for the uphill. After my recent flat marathon I've decided I prefer hills.

Beth - Pretty snowy photo. Love the shirt design. Have fun at the pool today. I'm missing my swimming too this week. Friday I have clinic.

RVD - How's the hamstring today? You're right, it can be hard to resist the seat warmer's after a cold run.

Jackdyl - Sounds like a great run yesterday. Nice! So today's run didn't feel quite as effortless? As long as you feel it was good it doesn't matter if it was weird.

Jodi - Have fun at Cross Fit.

Julia - Glad you had a good run this morning with a sunrise.  I've enjoyed the brighter mornings too even though I'm not running in the early a.m.

Marco - Warm in 14 degree weather. That says a lot about you.

SIAR - It's not tri season right now. No worries. You're focused on running and that's okay. It's a running goal you're working toward!  Maybe when the sun starts to peek through and melt the snow you'll get the itch for a bike and pool.

Damaris - Orange outfit? You lost me. What's that got to do with packet pick up day? I'm glad you're happy about it though! Lol

CC - Glad the spin was good today.

fake it till you make it

Well, since the "feels like" temp says -31 degrees, it was an indoor workout for me today.  Again.  Really hoping we get some warm/thaw in March, I'd like to get some faster runs in outside before Boston.  Too bad there is a big snowstorm in the forecast this week.

Beth I love that you read about tri training when you had to take a day off.  I think I love to read about running as much as I like to actually run.

Jodi have a good crosstrain/crossfit day!

RVD I've never done Chicago and can't say I have much interest in doing it, but it is fun to see how crazy fast it fills up.

Julia your morning run sounds like the perfect way to kick off the day.  Love when it starts getting light out earlier!

Jack that workout sounds tough- but a good tough I guess.  Thanks for posting the excerpts from Once a Runner- I'm just starting a new book but I might have to put that next on the queue to read.

Marco no wind on the run- sounds divine!

SIAR  wind vs. treadmill- not a fun choice.  Hope the miles are good no matter where they happen.

Scott have a good run out there- hopefully it wont be too cold and wet.

D-R yay for race day packet pick-up!

CChick  Nice work on the spin today.  Makes me think maybe I should dust my bike/trainer off and actually use it for riding instead of a laundry drying rack.

Pressing enjoy the SRD.  Those darn downhills and going down stairs after a big race- ouch!

RVD I've never done Chicago and can't say I have much interest in doing it, but it is fun to see how crazy fast it fills up.

You don't know what you're missing.  Joking  My favorite marathon.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...Hope the run wasn't too unpleasant with the wet stuff.  Planning for the faster 5 sounds like a pretty good idea to me so that you can adjust your other runs accordingly.

Docket...Glad you're going to be able to get your packet without any trouble.  Orange outfit huh?  They won't be able to miss ya!  I haven't heard you mention any soreness, so I'm guessing the recovery run won't be tough?

CC...nice work spinning away.

Pressing...The walk and stretch yesterday were definitely a good idea. I'm sure the rest of the soreness will abate soon, although it always helps to know that the pain was well earned.  You're right about the tri stuff...no reason to let it bother me too much.

Jen...Minus 31?  Wowzers, that's crazy.  You guys have had quite the winter this year.  I'm itching for good weather too, and I haven't had it anywhere near as rough as you have.

I ended up with 10 miles on the TM.  The wind gusts were up to 35mph, which didn't sound fun.  Still, in hindsight, I may have chosen the greater of two evils.  Even with a good show to watch that's just a long time on the 'mill.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

10 miles done in 1:29:06. I held off on the run until I finished work for the day at 2:00. It was a little windy but the rain had stopped. I even got a little bit of sunshine for the last 30 or 40 minutes which was nice.

SIAR - Sorry my vibes for an outdoor run didn't work for you. I tried my best but I guess Julia is the only one with that sort of mojo around here.  I hope the 10 miles on the tm don't leave any permanent emotional scars.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
            Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Good cross fit workout...

Slightly frustrated by our local track club :/.  I had put our race on their calendar, and they schedule the Grand Prix the same day, different location, and under-cut us on price.  It sucks.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Bad Ass

PO and SIAR, I'll reveal more about the why of the outfit when I am allowed.  It has a great purpose.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

B.S.: Hope you got your outdoor miles.

jojo: Happy x-t day!

Julia: Nice 8, sounds pretty with the sunrise.

jack: Sounds like a good workout.

marco: Nice 10.

Docket: Hope you have a nice recovery run. Glad you can run in your orange outfit this weekend. Is it an orange-themed race or something?

CC: Nice spin.

Pressing: Enjoy the SRD. Hope the legs feel better tomorrow.

JenRosie: Wow, that's cold. Hope the snowstorm is not too bad and hope you get better weather soon.

SIAR: Good job doing 10 on the TM. It was a little windy here too, but with gusts a little lower than yours and temp in mid-upper 50s, it wasn't too bad.

Scott: Great job on your 10.

I ran a very easy 10 today. Legs are a little tired--I noticed the 7-day rolling total has me up over 60 again, and I have a double tomorrow with intervals in the first run. But it was pretty nice out, just a bit windy, so it was a pleasant run.

Have a great evening, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

PO and SIAR, I'll reveal more about the why of the outfit when I am allowed.  It has a great purpose.

DOH, now I remember since we kinda had this conversation.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10 miles done in 1:29:06. I held off on the run until I finished work for the day at 2:00. It was a little windy but the rain had stopped. I even got a little bit of sunshine for the last 30 or 40 minutes which was nice.

SIAR - Sorry my vibes for an outdoor run didn't work for you. I tried my best but I guess Julia is the only one with that sort of mojo around here.  I hope the 10 miles on the tm don't leave any permanent emotional scars.

Yep, gonna have to turn to Julia for my voodoo. Nice work getting through your 10.

swift...looks like 10 was a good number today! Those rolling totals can really sneak up. Hopefully you can get through the run tomorrow. My day sounds similar: 6 miles easy plus 1min, 2min, 3min, 2min, 1min, 2min, 3min btwn 3k and 10k pace with rest equal to reps, and a group run double.

Jodi...sorry about the race trouble. Would it be worth trying to move the date?

jojo61397

Too late to move the date Sad. We have all the permits and police hired.  Just makes me mad...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

I'm going to try to make it an early night so I can get up bright and early to run 15 before work.  I didn't take clothes in today, so I can't run in.  Sad

My singlet arrived in the mail and I think it's going to work!  Can't wait to test it out on a 50 degree day.  (Or, indoors on the treadmill).

Scott and SIAR, My powers might be limited to Super Bowls.  Would either of you like to win the Super Bowl?

SIAR, Pfitz advises that it's normal to fade 2-3% on the second half of a marathon.  I did it last time I ran National/RnR USA and it was scary/painful but I ended up running even splits so it worked, I guess.

Scott, Sounds like you have a good transportation plan.

Jack, Those shoes sound fancy.  I bet you can't wait to try them.

Marco, Glad you had a "warm" run for a change.

RVD, I hope the hammie feels better soon.

D_R, Can't wait to hear about the orange.

CC, Nice job on 18.  Is that on the bike or on foot?

PressingOn, Hope those muscles start to loosen up in the next few days.

JenRosie, -31.  Surprised  I can't even imagine.  I'm hoping things will start warming up next week.

RVD, I see there were technical difficulties with registering for the race.  I'm glad you got in.

Swift, Easy and 10 miles usually don't go together.  You're running strong!

JoJo, Grr!  That stinks!  Maybe people will want to run your race instead.  I'm probably not normal, but price isn't the only thing I consider when registering for races.

Run the mile you are in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...sure, I could go for a Super Bowl! I've always thought I could have a chance as a kicker. That's a cool singlet - looks fast. Good luck tomorrow. It's almost bed time for me too...I'm exhausted.