GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

I woke up to snow this morning!  I didn't know it was supposed to snow.  It's only an inch or so but it hasn't snowed here in over a year I'm guessing.

On schedule today: 12 miles total with 7 miles at tempo pace.  Haven't had enough coffee to figure out if I'll do that steady or as cruise intervals.  Smile  I'm very sleepy but I figure I have to get to the gym by 6/6:30ish to get the miles in before work.

And, I'll probably wear my flats again.  But, I did get a back up pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 16s - the white and purple - in the mail yesterday.  I do like the shoe.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Good morning!  A light snow has fallen and as predicted the local news folks are having a lot of fun with it.

I have 12 on the schedule today and I'm not sure when I'm going to fit it in.  I'll probably have to use a couple hours of leave and run it this afternoon.  That shouldn't be a problem since my stint as big boss is over.

I'll check back in later for personals.  Have a great Thursday all!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Scott, One of the newscasters just warned people to make sure they wear shoes with some traction on them if they're going to be walking around today.  Are we really that stupid?  (Dont' answer that).

Mostly Harmless

Scott, One of the newscasters just warned people to make sure they wear shoes with some traction on them if they're going to be walking around today.  Are we really that stupid?  (Dont' answer that).

They love to point out that snow is slippery.  What valuable information!

Next thing you know they'll inform us that rain is wet and fire is hot.

Just B.S.

Well, I thought it was cold yesterday! hahahaha   -30 today! Yipee!!!LOL

I ended up with 1,200 meters at the pool yesterday, then couldn't get in my run until late and it was dark,

windy and -25F, even I'm not crazy enough to run in that so American Idol helped me make it 5 miles on

the treadmill!!

They actually closed some schools north of us because the frostbite exposure was down to 5 minutes.

We are pretty tough up here and closing the schools simple because it's too cold hasn't happened in

years.

8 treadmill miles today and coached swim tonight.

Julia, I am really looking foward to seeing how you make out at Boston, you are amazing!

Swift, hope the knee is feeling better.

Scott, you were acting boss? that must have been nice! I'm sure you make a great boss.

SIAR, to answer your question from yesterday about swimming.......I haven't been timing my laps yet because

I know myself that I would try to focus on obtaining a certain time and at this point that would likely be

counterproductive for me. I have really been focusing on developing good technique and ease of breathing.

However I have to say that I was really really happy with my swim yesterday. It may not seem like much to you

and Pressing who have been practicing for a while BUT  it's been less than 3 weeks and when I swam 1,200

meters yesterday the first 500-600  were to warm up and do some drills, which usually do in 50 meter units

with a few second of rest in between.

I hadn't even tried to do 100 meters at once. Yesterday I decided that on the 700 I would try to do 100 and I did

and it was easy so I did it 3 more times with 15 second rests!! Yipee!!  Looks like that sprint-tri with 750 meters

in early June just might be doable!  Yes, I've done a sprint tri before but the swim was so slow I'm not even

sure it could be called swimming!LOL

I'm excited to get back in the pool tonight and do it again.

Have a good one daily friends!

Bad Ass

Morning!  I woke up with a light migraine, tired, and achy.  At least I'm working from home today.  Wonder if I should just called in sick and lay in bed all day!  Ha!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Beth--same for us.....so...........

9 TM miles at just under an hour. First time on the TM since March.

I am beginning to think the 3:09 PR will not be beaten.  This morning was tough.  It's the fastest I have run since a 5K back in September.

Today's protocol was 2wu+6(1m@1/2MPw400r)+2cd for a total of 11.5 miles.  Great weather, 48F with a light breeze.  Can't ask for much better than that in the middle of winter.

We do have tome oogly weather coming in, freezing rain etc.  Hope it doesn't mess up the footing for my scheduled Saturday AM 5k.  This will be my first 5k since last August and I'm 20 pounds lighter.  Hoping for a good result.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey friends.  I got in 8.45 miles this morning, including 10x10sec hill sprints.  We had a pretty good dusting of snow, but I got lucky in that they had already cleared my hill.  I think the temp was actually 12 when I started today, so a real heat wave!

I'll probably be late getting back for personals, but will catch up with everyone this evening.  Enjoy the rest of the day!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

runmomto3boys

8 recovery miles tonight. I need to show some discipline for once this week and run very, very slow, or my runs on the back half of the week are going to suck.

CompetitiveChik

went on my first ever mountain bike ride. (6.25 miles) lots of fun and lots of lovin on the ground. lol. took out a tree. fell 4 times. they say it doesn't count until theres blood and that blood runs down your leg and hits your sock. I'm totally okay with my falls never counting. I'm gonna have lots of bruises though....fer sure

6 miles in a bit at an easy pace. I can't wait till coach gives me something challenging.

Sorry I've been MIA lately. it's just hard to get on here and the 3 other sites I have to keep everyone updated. I'm still here and gettin my runs done. Coach finally let me run tuesday. but I had a terrible migraine so I went home instead. 

And since I've hired a coach I now have another site I have to visit. This one though has my workouts and I have to leave feedback for her so she can leave appropriate workouts for me. 

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Mostly Harmless

12 miles done on the treadmill. I couldn't figure out a safe place to run outside near my office so I hit the TM.  I could lie and pretend it didn't suck but that wouldn't be right. It sucked and I hated it. Smile

Too grumpy for personals.

Julia1971

The tempo run went well. Managed 7 miles at roughly 7:25 pace and/or high 80% MHR. I didn't do 12 miles total, though. I was running out of time. En route to meet a friend for tapas (and sangria). So excited! ... Just B.S., I'm skipping Boston this year. So, you'll get to see how this all turns out sooner. Goal race is in March. Ack! That seems close now... Scott, Someone told me we may get snow tonight, too... CC, That's a lot of websites to check in on. Good luck with the return to running and the coaching... Marco, Sorry to hear you're thinking of revising your goal. I'm right there with you and know it's kinda sad... RVD, I'll be sending warm thoughts for your 5K... R_D, Hope you feel better.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...More shoes...fun stuff!  Thanks for the tip of the food last night too, I'll check it out.  Great job on the 7...always nice when they go well.  Tapas sound good, and I could probably get through some Sangria too Smile

Scott...Grumpy and bored, but at least 12 miles more fit than you were before the run!

Beth...Wow, Canadians closing schools for cold...that is rare!  Great job on the swimming.  I totally appreciate how great it feels when you start doing those longer stretches consecutively.  You're doing awesome.  I think that the improvements with swimming start to come rapidly too.  You just have to tell yourself not to stop and then learn that you can actually do it.  I don't think I'll time my laps even if I end up going for the Ironman this year...I'm with you that in that it'd be counterproductive for me.

Docket...hope your headache abated before you lost too much of your day to it.

Marco...I think we all shed a tear for you having to hit the TM...you had a good long run without it though!  I wouldn't doubt that you could get your PR in a fall race, but I can see how you'd get frustrated with what you're training in now.  Who knows though, you may surprise yourself.

RVD...looks like a nice workout you put in.  That weight loss should definitely give you a good shot at that PR if the weather

cooperates...fingers crossed for you.

RMT3b...Glad to see you're going to keep it easy today.  I have an article from Running Times that I should share with you, unless you already read RT?  I think you asked on the other thread how I'm feeling with the mileage increase.  I'm actually feeling as good as I've ever felt.  I really think that, for me, there's something to all the hill work that I've done with Hudson.  Next week will be a cutback week though, just for safety's sake.

CC...haha, glad you survived the mountain bike.  that was my first experience just out on a road bike after being clipped in, so I can only imagine what a trail would be like.  Nice job on getting the 6 in.  One of the differences I've noticed from people working with coaches is that they do tend to build a little more slowly than those of us going on our own...which is smart probably.  Hope you don't feel any pressure to check in....it's nice to hear from you when you have time though.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)