Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/13/13 (Read 11 times)

Julia1971

Ah, taper madness...  My recovery run was alright this morning.  My hamstring didn't hurt but I still don't trust it.  I also had pains in my left hip, both knees, and right foot.  Oh, and side stitches.  I had a couple of those, too.  Generally, I didn't feel as rested as I want to feel, so I may take tomorrow off.  Plus, the congestion is back.  I took an Advil Cold & Sinus and am hoping to go to bed early and sleep in tomorrow.

JoJo, Enjoy the carby goodness!  Ugh, I totally get where you're coming from - I was riding the elevator today and one woman said to another, "So, are you going to go home sick?"  And then I hear the second woman's snotty nosed breathing.  Grrr!

Swift, Thanks for the tips.  It's good to have confirmation that I may not need to change much...  Hope you had an uneventful dress rehearsal...  I'm throwing a party after the race, too.  I'll be curious to see how many people show up.  Although, I invited a few non-running friends...  Oh, and I added Peachtree to the calendar.

Scott, I'm still hoping that the rain will hold off for us but in case my luck runs out, I figured I should prepare.

RVD, You seem to be riding out the taper well.  Have a good rest day.

SIAR, I will report back.  I was sluggish this morning and I'm hoping it's on account of only having something like 15g of carbs yesterday...  I think 15 people have RSVPed "yes".  Shocked  I don't know where I'll fit them - my place is not that big...  Those race conditions sound tough!

B.S., Okay, how many names do you go by on here?  LOL!  It's wonderful that you can help your aunt.  You definitely have a lot going on.

D_R, Have fun on your vaca!

Run the mile you are in.

jojo61397

Yeah I heard it at Weight Watchers yesterday too.  And I'm thinking to myself, you are weighing in!  I will pay for your tuition if you feel crappy, but please don't come to my office!

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Yeah I heard it at Weight Watchers yesterday too.  And I'm thinking to myself, you are weighing in!  I will pay for your tuition if you feel crappy, but please don't come to my office!

I'm planning to avoid humans for the next 24-hours.  I may need to go to the grocery store, though, but otherwise.  I'm maintaining a people-free zone until packet pickup on Friday.  Smile

Run the mile you are in.

jojo61397

I wish, I have two walking petri-dishes...  Hopefully they'll stay healthy.

I'm planning to avoid humans for the next 24-hours.  I may need to go to the grocery store, though, but otherwise.  I'm maintaining a people-free zone until packet pickup on Friday.  Smile

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

7 done after work about as fast as I dare in the VFFs

Mostly Harmless

Hey gang!  Taper Madness has me pretty bad right now.  I'm doing my best to not be grumpy to my family but I'm struggling. I wish I could go for a run.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp