Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/18/2013 (Read 14 times)

jackdyl11

Julia - I think being seeded is a pretty good deal.  You have to be sub-48 I think for guys to get into the elite corral.  There won't be too many people ahead of you if you're back with me in the 2nd corral.  I'm not sure if it was because I was running for a team or what, but last year with a seeded number I got to leave my stuff in the elite tent.  I saw two Kenyans sitting very nervously next to each other for about half an hour, as well as Joan Benoit Samuelson and Bill Rogers waiting in line for the elite porta potty that was tent-adjacent (sorry for the name drop!).  Plus it was heated and they had free massages and food before and after the race.  I felt guilty being in there because I don't even meet the seeded runner standard, let alone the elite standard, so I didn't take much advantage.  But, it was pretty cool.  Again, not sure if that was my team that got me in there, so maybe just having the seeded number won't get you in.

Thank goodness it's Friday and I have a 3-day weekend ahead of me.  Ugh!  So, excited about sleeping in tomorrow...  I'm going to stay up a few hours to work on my training plan.  I forgot that I never finished it  I plugged in some basics but thought I'd come back to it later.  Later is this weekend.  The next phase of Pfitz is pretty hard core and I need to make sure I know what I'm doing...  I also found out from the Cherry Blossom people that seeded runner "only" gets my 2nd corral.  Sad  I have to be elite to get 1st corral.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll still a low bib number.  Smile

Finally PRed!!!

runmom: wow, that's a lot of miles you have planned.

SIAR: I think there are at least 7 or 8 (if not more) running stores within 5 miles of where I live right now. There are several with two or more locations. But 5 miles can be a long way in Atlanta rush hour traffic. I'm glad you're happy with Hudson training. I really think for the half I did, I got good results with it. I was pretty out of shape when I started, and I think I might have had a PR if my goal race hadn't been in Denver--at least the Runworks calculator suggests that. And then I came very close to a PR at sea-level half a month or so later. Then the Buffalo cycle, I realized too late it was the excess weight I'd gradually accumulated, not the training, that was the problem. When I moved up to Maine, I'd intended it to be temporary and didn't bring a scale with me, so I didn't realize how much I was packing on...the joys of middle age I guess. But anyway, I still like to throw some of his workouts into my training

Julia: have fun making working on your training plan. I can't sleep in because of my group run tomorrow morning, so I've got to go to bed pretty early.

Hi to everyone else too!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

I realized I probably sounded ungrateful.  Disapprove  It's just that I was 2nd corral last year when I didn't have a seeded time so I was hoping having a seeded time would move me up.  But, yeah, for a race that large I shouldn't complain about being so far up front...  That's pretty cool getting into the elite tent.  It's heated, huh?  I think I have my next challenge - crashing that tent.  LOL!

Julia - I think being seeded is a pretty good deal.  You have to be sub-48 I think for guys to get into the elite corral.  There won't be too many people ahead of you if you're back with me in the 2nd corral.  I'm not sure if it was because I was running for a team or what, but last year with a seeded number I got to leave my stuff in the elite tent.  I saw two Kenyans sitting very nervously next to each other for about half an hour, as well as Joan Benoit Samuelson and Bill Rogers waiting in line for the elite porta potty that was tent-adjacent (sorry for the name drop!).  Plus it was heated and they had free massages and food before and after the race.  I felt guilty being in there because I don't even meet the seeded runner standard, let alone the elite standard, so I didn't take much advantage.  But, it was pretty cool.  Again, not sure if that was my team that got me in there, so maybe just having the seeded number won't get you in.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia--no TM yet.  Right now, it's below zero but I am sleeping in tomorrow and going to run when the snow is falling.