Marathoner Dailies

Extremely Disappointed (Read 25 times)

CompetitiveChik

Hey guys. My time is not what I was expecting. Im extremely disappointed in myself. I cried for hours yesterday. I worked so hard and got nothing in return. I wanted, at the very least, a pr and I couldn't even get that. I don't know what happened yesterday. I just couldn't seem to make things work.  Right now I don't even know if I wanna run another marathon again. 

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Brains aint me forte

I'm so sorry Rachel! Sometimes, despite all the hard work, is just isn't our day. I know that you know that already but try to keep it in mind. Give yourself some time to take it all in before you make any decisions on the future.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

I'm so sorry Rachel...  Take a few days and process it and then decide.  The season's almost over, maybe have a race-free summer, and come back in the fall ready to go.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Ugh.  I'm so sorry to hear the race didn't go the way your planned.  I know how much you wanted that PR and how hard you worked to get it.  I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a hug.  I agree with everyone else - take a few days and then decide.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
          Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Rachel--very sorry to hear that....similar conditions and course as last year?  I agree with what everyone else has said before about not making a quick decision on running fulls.

Finally PRed!!!

I'm sorry it didn't go like you wanted. I had a very disappointing marathon last year, and it is very tough, especially after all the hard training. Like the other said, take a break, recover, and then see how you feel.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Bad Ass

I am sorry, Rachel.  Take a few days before you make any decisions.  I know what it's like to work hard and not get what your worked so hard for.  Hugs.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jackdyl11

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear that.  It is so tough to set all of your expectations on one day, to work so hard for so long, and then to have one bad day ruin your chances.  I've been there, as I expect we all have, and it is the absolute worst part of running.  Do you have any ideas as to why the race didn't come together?

Remember, the work you did for this race is still in you.  Marathons are tricky and maybe you couldn't access the fitness you've built today, but you will still benefit from all the miles you've put in if you choose to give it another shot, whether now or in the fall.

Have a beer or 10 and I hope you start feeling better.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Like everyone else said, I feel really disappointed for you too.  You've been through a lot in the last month or so - maybe it took more out of you than you thought?  I know it's a hard perspective to take after a result you didn't want, but there's a lot more to the marathon than just the race itself.  In other words, I hope you can take some positives from the journey that led you up to the race.  And, like Jack said, that fitness and training is still in you and you can use it going forward.  Hopefully you'll feel better in a few days.  If not, maybe you can focus on a different distance until you feel the desire again.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Cprensch

How are you today , CC?  I am sure the sting is still fresh but hopefully the wound isn't as wide open and bleeding.  Have you spoken to your coach about it?  She have any insight for you?

Cprensch

Ah crud, this is PO.  My Kindle got set up under a different account.  Need to change that.