Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

October:

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Julia1971

Finished the day yesterday in front of the television watching a great Redskins-Ravens game and The Amazing Race season finale.  I have a little stiffness in my quads and hips but nothing serious.  I'm doing my long run today.  I'm thinking 19 miles.  If I get out the door in the next 10 minutes, I'll do it from home.  If I continue to putz around the house, I'll run into work. 

PressingOn, there are some seriously competitive runners in my area.  The women's overall winner ran a 27:22.  Shocked  The winner of the women's 40-44 ran a 31:05.  I missed 3rd place by 36 seconds, so not too far off.  I'll get 'em next year!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

Mostly Harmless

Good Morning.

I'll probably sneak in a few miles at lunch today.

Can somebody today or tomorrow take out my Oleta Half Marathon for next week and add the Parkland 5 Mile Holiday Run for 12/15?  Thanks!

Julia - Can you make this update to the calendar for Docket_Rocket?  I hope your LR goes well this morning.

Hi to all that follow!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! Ran just under 4 recovery miles this morning. Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 5 easy recovery miles.

Good morning Julia, Scott and NotTooSwift

NotTooSwift - Good job getting out there for the recovery.

Must go

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Joe1775

I feel a bit out of the loop here.  I need to go back the past 2 days and read up.  

SRD for me.  How do you pronounce that?  Cerd?  Syrd?  Wink

Julia - enjoy the LR!  

NTS - take those 4 recovery miles easy.  

Scott - feeling "sneaky" today, eh?  Sometimes lunch is a good time to sneak out and recharge with a run.  Enjoy!

Bad Ass

Morning!  Run tonight, weights and core.

Julia, can you please take the 12/14 race off the calendar?  And replace it with 12/15 Parkland 5 Mile Holiday Run.  Sounds more fun.

Hope everybody is having a great day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Morning!  Run tonight, weights and core.

Julia, can you please take the 12/14 race off the calendar?  And replace it with 12/15 Parkland 5 Mile Holiday Run.  Sounds more fun.

Hope everybody is having a great day.

Done.  That does sound like more fun.

Long run went well.  My pace faded a bit at the end but considering I ran a race yesterday, that's to be expected.

Scott, I think it's supposed to be overcast and dreary all day but I hope there's a break in the clouds today for your run.

PressingOn

Hey all!  Getting ready to go to the gym for a swim.  I'll follow it with an hour on the bike trainer and some core/balance work.  Busy day.  Tomorrow I get to run again.  

Julia - Wow, 27:22 is just over my 5k PR.  That is smoking fast for an 8K.  Enjoy your long run.

Scott - Careful on that foot.  Wink

Swift, Damaris, Joe, Markrice - Hi ya all!  

Gotta go get ready to leave with ds to the school bus and then to the gym.  Be back later.

CompetitiveChik

Hey guys. Sorry I didnt post yesterday. I forgot about this forum. Maybe someone could remind me till I begin to remember? Im goin for a 2-3 mile run/walk tonight with some friends. Im super sore but I gotta get back at it since Houston is in 4wks

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

[Competitive] Jerk

Hi all, how does this thing work?

Julia1971

Hi all, how does this thing work?

Greg,

I'm new to this forum myself, but as I understand it, it works pretty simply.  The first one up starts the daily thread for the day by copying the list of races from the day before.  And then, they also "own" the thread for the day but making any edits to the list.  Beyond that, we just update one another on what we're doing on that day and encourage others in their training.

Oh, and "SRD" means "scheduled rest day".  I think that's the only acronym I've seen that I didn't understand.

For the veterans, how did I do?  Anything else?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...I'm a little late to the party, but got 10.11 easy miles in this morning.  It was one of those wet, misty runs that seem to be so common this time of year.  I did see a massive raccoon on the run.  I was a little freaked out because it didn't move at all when I passed.  I definitely gave it a wide berth while crossing its path, and was thankful that the run didn't turn into a tempo run.

Joe...I'm glad you had such a good time at the marathon that it's already on next year's calendar.  The pizza and view sound awesome too.  "Syrd" rest day works for me - enjoy it.

Mark...Nice job on the LR and yearly totals.  I was hoping for 2k this year myself, but with a lot of time missed for injury it's going to be closer to 1600.  I don't have much to offer with Pfitz as I haven't used him before.  I do have the 18/85 plan and was going to use it for this marathon, but opted for Hudson instead.  Good 5 today too.

Scott...funny, I'm envisioning you tip-toeing as you run, sneaking in your miles.  Maybe that would help with the foot?

Hill...Good 8 yesterday.  That's frustrating about the shoes, but maybe you'll feel differently about them 50-100 miles into them.

Marco...Wow, with the ice and work lately you've had it pretty rough.  At least you got some miles in yesterday.  Glass City is the next full for me.  I may race a 10k around the beginning of Feb. if I can find one, but other than that I think I'll skip the tune-up half for this one.

Docket...I think I use too many exclamations on here too.  Editing not necessary!  Any run in a parkland should be fun...seems like a wise call to me.

Pressing...Glad the kids lines went well yesterday, although the occasional mistake can make for some good fun too ha.  Sorry you have to deal with migraines so frequently.  I'm so glad I seem to have outgrown mine.  I didn't realize you could replant a Christmas tree.  It will be neat to have some trees with special meaning in the yard though.  I've never done the live tree thing personally.  Have a good day with all your workouts.  You should add a little run and make it your own mini tri today.

NotSwift...Nice job on the 13.5 yesterday on tired legs.  Holding mileage seems like a good plan, especially if you're at or around as many mpw as you've done.  Have you trained with more miles than that before?

Jodi...No ties to Minneapolis here, but I did google 24 Hour Fitness, and they seem to have 3 of them up there.  I'm pretty sure you can do a weekly/guest membership up there. 

Julia...I'm so glad you didn't tell me who won Amazing Race...I taped it and am going to watch tonight.  It seems like a lot of us watch it here.  That's a tough long run for right after a race, but I guess if you weren't too sore it's no big deal.  Nice job getting through it.  Are you a Redskins or Ravens fan?  People seem fairly split between those teams in your area.  And you're right, those are some fast ladies in your races.

CC...Did I miss your post where you told us how it went?  Hopefully a little shakeout run helps with your soreness.  How have things been since your daughter left for school?  Last you were on here I remember you being insanely busy with work, graduation, and all that other "fun" life stuff.

Greg...Hi...It's pretty simple, we just add our goal races to the calendar by asking the person that started the post to update it for us.  When you start the thread for a new day, you copy and paste the calendar into it.  Then, we post our daily training as we work towards our goal races.  Essentially, we're just virtual training buddies trying to help one another reach are various goals.  We're pretty friendly and always happy to have new folks join us, so feel free to hop right in.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Mostly Harmless

Just got back from a nice 9 miles at lunch. The foot seems about the same if I run or not, so I guess I'll just keep at it until someone with a lab coat on tells me to stop.

NTS - I hope the recovery run was nice. :-)

Mark - Yours too!

Joe - Enjoy your rest day.  Are you a government guy? I thought the compulsion to pronounce all acronyms was restricted to us govies?

Damaris - Another busy fitness day for you. Enjoy!

Julia - Good job getting the LR done right after a race. I'm a long suffering Redskins fan.  Based on your location I'm guessing you are too.  RGIII has been a real breath of fresh air around here, hasn't he?

Pressing - I agree with SIAR.  Make it a tri kind of day. ;-)

CC - Have fun run/walking with your buds tonight!

Greg - Welcome.  The others covered it as far as I can tell. The only thing I'll add is don't be afraid to go off topic. Everyone is pretty laid back except SIAR; that guy is a real piece of work.

SIAR - Hey buddy! Just kidding of course.  I had to laugh when I read about your raccoon encounter but I'm glad that he didn't come after you. Do you think he had rabies or was he just being bold?

Marco - I guess you've bee too busy at work to post yet.  It sounds like you've been pretty swamped lately.  I hope things lighten up soon.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scott...This is me donning my lab coat and telling you to stop!  How's that for laid back haha.  When do you see the doc, Thursday?  I guess if it it's not hurting worse you're good.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed for you.  As for Rocky Raccoon, something wasn't right.  Maybe it was a she and she was doing the baby thing?  I don't know, it was just kinda standing over a drainage grate and taking these weird little steps.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)