Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/13/13 (Read 14 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...glad you had a good run. It's nice to get some perspective like that from time to time (referencing the memorial). How many 800s did you do? I'm guessing there's a set procedure to make them true Yasso 800s, but I don't know what that is. Anything around 3:11 would be killer. The progression runs have been good, but I don't know about fun lol. What I like is that I get some faster running without the workout being too hard. Also, Hudson just uses progression to mean a faster end to the run, so not a descending pace like a traditional progression. Some are "hard" progressions, while others are "moderate," so it's an effort thing.

Jack...nice job leading the pack haha. It made me think of that guy at Boston this year. He hung on for quite a while if I remember right.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  This has been quite a day!  Ran 7 this morning because I had to go to a happy hour, get the court, finish court, get to work, attend an impromptu meeting (bad news everywhere), head to the allergist, get my shot, remembered I had no $ for the parking at the happy hour, bank is closed, get home, cat has an eye close, trustee calls me for an emergency hearing on the phone, and I just finished.  I cannot wait til I start my vacation!

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

PressingOn

Hi all.  Supposed to do an easy 3 miles but we'll see if it happens.  Ds is down and out today.  Woke up up around 4:00 a.m. with a fever.  He's been home and wanting cuddles.  I have sucked up my fear of getting sick and been the mom he needs.  It's been hard though.  I can practically see the germs swirling around him.  Saturday afternoon ... that's all I have to make it through.  If I'm sick Sunday, so be it, but please, please, please not sooner.  Elementary schools ... germ breeding grounds.  Ack.

I got my marathon plan from my coach.  She spelled out everything from Thursday through Saturday and included when I should carbo load, have a snack, and spend time visualizing and what to visualize and yes, also included instructions for an ice bath after.  She'll be on vacation during my race but wants me to call her after anyway so she can hear how I did.  I love my coach.  Big grin

Julia - Good job on your run today. Yeah, I can see how seeing military running in that area would tend to make one push a little harder. I find my smartphone takes only okay photo's. I'm debating taking a real camera on my marathon with me as scenery is supposed to be spectacular. But do I want to carry it is the question? Are the photo's worth it?

Swift - Have fun at your group run!

Jackdyl - I'm impressed you made it without looking at your watch. I'm so bad at that.

Scott - So was it your mind or body that "accidentally" forgot to pack your shoes? Which wanted that SRD today? Maybe you could wrap the purple dot around your foot for a makeshift shoe?

RVD - Hmm, you and Scott, SRD doesn't mean running.. Ha ha! Yeah, those are pretty minimal shoes. My feet would hate me.

SIAR - Great job on your run today. Do your legs ever slow down? Smile How do you not eat too many cookies? I'm impressed and wish I had that kind of resolve. But no, I like cookies and nacho's. Guess what I can skip over? Ice cream. It's good but not a vice. Drives me nuts there are so many healthier ice cream options than there are cookie and nacho options. So not fair.

CC - Glad you are healing up nicely. Overall, I'd say your accident didn't put you out of commission for all that long. Awesome.

PressingOn

Damaris - Cross-posted.  Tell your day to slow down already!

Julia1971

I got most of the way home before realizing. I forgot my house key at work. Ugh! Telling myself this could have happened if I hadn't run in but all the switching things in and out of my wallet and purse is surely the reason. My double is in serious jeopardy.

SIAR, It is nice to have some feedback. Although, i ran them the same pace this time last year and I was hoping I was a little fitter.

D_R, You're doing a lot of running around. You should log those miles. Smile

Pressing, You're a good mom... You're in the finals days now! You've been a good taperer. No madness at all. That I've seen anyway. Smile

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ran 5 with the running group and had a nice time.

Docket...ack, what a day. Hopefully tomorrow is slow and vacation comes fast.

Pressing...I'm not an ice cream guy either! Basically, I'm an odd duck. You'll be healthy for Saturday, that's my positive thought for you. You definitely have a good coach! As for my legs, the trouble is that when they want to slow down, they do it with an injury!

Julia...ah, frustrating! Sometimes runs just have to be missed.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

I skipped the double.  I wouldn't have finished until 9pm-ish and given that I'm doing a medium run bright and early tomorrow, that's cutting it too close...  One of my potential race day singlets arrived in the mail and it wasn't what I thought it would be either.  So, back to the drawing board.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

PressingOn

Julia - Ugh.  Sorry about the key mix up.  I think we need double of everything we swap back and forth between running clothes and purses/billfolds.  Okay, fess up time.  I got pulled over a little while ago for not seeing a median on a dark and rainy night.  Well, I saw it when we went 4x'ng in the vehicle. Yeah, dumb move on my part.  Of course, a cop car was right behind me when I did it.  Sure enough, red and blue lights flashed.  I pulled over and when he asked for my license ... I didn't have it.  It was in my running pocket.  Oops.  I had to drive to my running spot and didn't want to take my purse!  Fortunately, he was a nice guy and gave me warnings for both mishaps.  Anyway, I think I need two licenses now.  One for running clothes and one for my purse.  I feel I must mention the last time I was pulled over I was in high school and had a headlight out.  I don't get pulled over on a regular basis.  lol

SIAR - My positive thought for you is no injury when your legs speed up but rather, a new marathon PR!

Julia1971

Pressing, You got sooooo lucky!  And, that's a very nice cop.  I was just thinking about having duplicates of everything yesterday.  I think I'm just switching back and forth between too many things right now.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

I'll have to catch up on personals tomorrow. The 6 mile group run was fun, then we hung out for a while for beers and food. Ha, the people at the store actually gave some of us some food to take home (it was from Publix, sponsor of the Georgia Marathon), after we finally finished off the keg an hour or more after they actually close (no worries, I did not drive home!). Right quad is feeling a little odd, just a bit tight, but seemed to loosen up during the run.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20