Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/19/13 (Read 10 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Okay, major pat on the back for myself today.  I had an awesome workout!  It was a feels like of 16 out and 20+mph winds, but I got my butt out there and hit the track.  I did 5x1000m with 200m jogging recoveries.  Splits were 3:38, 3:43, 3:41, 3:41, and 3:41.  I'm really happy with the consistency and the pace, especially given that I raced Saturday and that the extra 200m (from 800-1000) was into the wind each time.  Total workout was 10.61 miles.

Julia...Yes, people in these parts seem quick to jump on the mileage...but honestly, after being at this level for a while, I really see it as a benefit.  As for the muscle imbalance, don't forget about your butt lol.  And when it comes to running with people, I guess asking is one way to go.  It just never seems to work for me.  Like at this last race, I really thought this guy was going to settle in with me, and next thing I know he's slowing down.  For me, maybe I just need to risk going out with people that are a little faster and probably have better pacing skills.  I try to settle into races, and by the time I've done that, the guys I could run with are often gone.  I can only think of one race, my 5k PR, where I got to run in a pack of like 7-8 or people.  Even in that race, everyone dropped off after the first mile, except for me and the female winner.

Docket...Not your sniffles silly...I meant the nose bleeds.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

Wow...  That hurt.  Did a 2 mile shake out run.  It was hot and my legs are so very sore.  Going to do stretching and strength tomorrow at cross fit.  Hoping to be up to 4 by Thursday.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
      Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Mostly Harmless

SIAR - I'll pat you on the back too!  Good job and wow are those consistent split times awesome! I'm way impressed!

Jodi - Maybe you came back too soon? Only one rest day after such a hard effort doesn't seem like enough.  I hope the legs feel better!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

Got around to scheduling a massage for Thursday!  I can't wait!

Pizza for dinner.  I probably had a whole large pizza left over from Saturday.  I'm down to the last 4 slices.

I purchased my race photos.  I had to go through 900+ unclaimed photos to find the ones from the beginning of the race since I had a long-sleeve on over my singlet.  There's a couple funny "marathons hurt" ones in that batch that should be available for download tomorrow, so I'll share one with y'all.

Marco, Good luck deciding what to do tomorrow.  If nothing else, you'll get a workout clearing the drive way.  Smile  Hope you have something fun planned with DW.

D_R, You are wise.  But, you know that already.  Smile  Mentally, I'm not sure I was ever quite in the race the way I would have wanted.  And, all the crap and layered clothing...  Oh well.  Next!  Looking forward to my next race!

SIAR, That guy was probably like me - for short distances, I do tend to go out hard and try to hang on.  But, anything 10K and over I'm much more conservative.  And, yeah, I'd never forget my butt.  Smile  That's why I'm thinking of hitting the gym this summer.  I see lots of squats and deadlifts in my future.

JoJo, Hope you're feeling better in a couple days.  It takes a while for all the soreness to work it's way out.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Got around to scheduling a massage for Thursday!  I can't wait!

Pizza for dinner.  I probably had a whole large pizza left over from Saturday.  I'm down to the last 4 slices.

I purchased my race photos.  I had to go through 900+ unclaimed photos to find the ones from the beginning of the race since I had a long-sleeve on over my singlet.  There's a couple funny "marathons hurt" ones in that batch that should be available for download tomorrow, so I'll share one with y'all.

Marco, Good luck deciding what to do tomorrow.  If nothing else, you'll get a workout clearing the drive way.  Smile  Hope you have something fun planned with DW.

D_R, You are wise.  But, you know that already.  Smile  Mentally, I'm not sure I was ever quite in the race the way I would have wanted.  And, all the crap and layered clothing...  Oh well.  Next!  Looking forward to my next race!

SIAR, That guy was probably like me - for short distances, I do tend to go out hard and try to hang on.  But, anything 10K and over I'm much more conservative.  And, yeah, I'd never forget my butt.  Smile  That's why I'm thinking of hitting the gym this summer.  I see lots of squats and deadlifts in my future.

JoJo, Hope you're feeling better in a couple days.  It takes a while for all the soreness to work it's way out.

Speaking of pics, have you seen Scott's on the beginners forum? The first is pretty funny. Ugh, the gym huh? I don't envy that.

Scott...thank you!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

Speaking of pics, have you seen Scott's on the beginners forum? The first is pretty funny. Ugh, the gym huh? I don't envy that.

Scott...thank you!

The one with the woman jumping in the air?  Rage.  All I could think it, "Why is she in Corral 5"?  LOL!  He looks determined.  No doubt that dude is running Sub-4.  And, that he loves Frederick.  Wink

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yeah, I'm going to guess she positive split the heck out of that thing.

Scott....are you wearing a cotton race shirt? Sinner lol.

Julia1971

If she got into Corral 5, there's no way I'm running the full next year unless they ask for past running time for seeding.  Ridiculous.  I forgot.  I'm planning to run Boston next year.  But, I may run the RnR Half, though.

Mostly Harmless

Scott....are you wearing a cotton race shirt? Sinner lol.

I think not! That is a genuine Under Armor shirt thankyouverymuch!

Finally PRed!!!

jack: Great job with your workout.

RVD: Sorry you missed your goal. I think you did great considering you were sick.

Docket: That's funny about my pic. I wasn't trying to pose like you, but when I uploaded it here I had the same thought.

SIAR: Awesome job with your workout, nice splits, especially with that wind.

jojo: Hope the legs feel better soon.

I started working on my plan for the Peachtree just now, but I have plenty of time to work on it, since I won't be starting for a few weeks. A while back, I found out about an informal group that runs interval workouts on Wednesday evenings, and I think I'll start going to those in a few weeks. But I probably won't go every week, since I really like the other Wednesday night runs at the store with pizza and beer. Still, I'm pretty happy that I found a group to do interval workouts with.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Apologies! Interestingly, I have no UA running gear...not sure how that happened.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...pizza/beer>intervals!

Finally PRed!!!

SIAR: lol, how true..but actually the Wed night runs at the store do not have pizza and beer every week. So I'll probably go there the weeks they do and the other weeks I can go do intervals with the other group. I need to get faster for the Peachtree...Plus, there is even another group I heard about but have not tried yet, which supposedly has pizza and beer every Tues and Thurs!! Must look into that one.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Mostly Harmless

Apologies! Interestingly, I have no UA running gear...not sure how that happened.

Really? How can that be?

The shirt I was wearing is from my first HM in 2010.