Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 05/24/13 (Read 12 times)

RVD...Sounds like a couple of very strong runs for you!  I think you'd run me into the ground if you were my training partner.

Funny! ...with your training paces.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Funny! ...with your training paces.

Maybe...but I do train pretty conservatively.  Yesterday was a recovery run at about 8:40 pace, and today was 8:02 pace.  All I know is you make me very afraid of Hanson!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Maybe...but I do train pretty conservatively.  Yesterday was a recovery run at about 8:40 pace, and today was 8:02 pace.  All I know is you make me very afraid of Hanson!

I've definitely become a believer in the Hansons' plan.  I'm just a bit concerned about perhaps trying too aggressive a pace for Chicago.  Guess I'll find out as I get into this 60 - 80 mpw program.  I just think I'll have to do lots of morning runs.  Don't know how much I really buy the relative humidity/pace equivalents.  I'd feel easier about hitting the actual paces I'm supposed to hit.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I've definitely become a believer in the Hansons' plan.  I'm just a bit concerned about perhaps trying too aggressive a pace for Chicago.  Guess I'll find out as I get into this 60 - 80 mpw program.  I just think I'll have to do lots of morning runs.  Don't know how much I really buy the relative humidity/pace equivalents.  I'd feel easier about hitting the actual paces I'm supposed to hit.

I'm a firm believer that you only need to hit MP on race day.  Very few people train at their PR pace on a daily basis, and you should make improvements throughout the training cycle that will allow you to get there (as long your training is in the ball park).

Morning runs are helpful, but I agree, they're pretty hard to get excited about.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

I'm a firm believer that you only need to hit MP on race day.  Very few people train at their PR pace on a daily basis, and you should make improvements throughout the training cycle that will allow you to get there (as long your training is in the ball park).

Morning runs are helpful, but I agree, they're pretty hard to get excited about.

I don't think I agree.  To be confident that I can hit my MP on race day I like the Hansons' approach of running at MP (whether PR pace or not) for shorter distances at the start of the plan and then having those shorter distances gradually increase as one gets deeper into the plan, gradually increasing one's fitness.  I also gradually increase the speed of the 5k and HMP paces as my fitness improves until I get into the final Race Specific phase at which time I lock down all my paces for the duration of the cycle.

The only thing that excites me about morning runs are afterwards, if I have been able to have a successful hard session.  For easier runs I would rather not bother with mornings if I can avoid it.  I do have a problem though, in running one evening (even if easy) and then having to do early hard work the next morning.  Not enough recovery time.

It's gonna be interesting.  Smile

Bad Ass

I agree with this.  I never run faster than 10:35mm (and that's on a good day), yet I can run 8-9mm on race day (for 5Ks and 10Ks).  As to marathons, I have an issue with the length of the race and the asthma, so I cannot compare my paces accurately.  Having said that, when I ran 10:27mm my average pace was 11:30mm on LRs and I had not run below 11mm for months and I was able to hit them fine on race day.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

no miles tonight...opted for pizza and beer instead.  Guess I'll have to try and pile on some miles this weekend.