Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/20/12 (Read 160 times)

Julia1971

December:

CompetitiveChik - 12/23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 12/29 - iRun Half Marathon

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

Rise and shine!

10 mile general aerobic run for me today.  I spend some time this morning looking over my schedule for the next few days to make sure it won't conflict with family time.  I think I'll try to get my long run in tomorrow. 

I didn't manage to get my holiday cards out yesterday, so, it's looking like I'll be sending Happy New Year cards this year.  And if I don't do some serious shopping over the next few days, everyone is getting Powerball tickets for Christmas.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Bad Ass

Morning!  I have not run in 3 days, but hoping I get mojo to run tonight.  Working from home so I just woke up.  I love it.

Julia, enjoy your 10.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Brains aint me forte

Good morning folks!  SRD for me which comes at a great time.  Lots of errands to run!

NTS - OUCH! You should probably stop with the face plants. Great job getting back up and finishing the run though.

Julia - It can be hard to balance the running schedule with family time. My relatives are pretty understanding of my craziness. I hope you get those cards out today.

Damaris - With your training/race schedule I'm sure your body is appreciating the down time. Enjoy!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Managed to get my 2wu+6MP+2cd done this morning before work.  Had wanted to wait until after work and run at the high school track since local schools started their Christmas break today, but we had rain moving in.  So, had to get up at 3:15 and do the run before work.  Only felt a few drops.  Must have been a scout cloud.  The real rain started after I got to the office.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning! 

Julia: have a great 10!

DR: hope you get mojo to get a run in tonight.

Not sure how many I'll run today, but it won't be a lot. I got in 16+ total yesterday, with about 2/3 of that at around MP or faster. And my ribcage is still sore  from landing on it when I fell. I may do another group run tonight at the running store I ran at last week (did a group run at a different running store last night). But that would be a pretty short one.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Finally PRed!!!

x-posted.

Scott: it looks a little worse today, like I thought it  probably would! Enjoy the SRD, hope the errands go smoothly.

RV: great job with the MP run, and with getting started so early.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Just B.S.

Morning everyone,

Well that was fun. Snow started Tues night then tapered off, then started back up again yesterday

morning. By the time all was said and done we have over 25+ inches and were without power for

6 hours.

Will have to make the scones today. Just barely finished the 100+ gingerbread cookies when the power

went out. Hubby was in the bathoom putting up wall tiles and I had to run and get a flashlight and hold it

until he put up the tile he was working on.

Best part was the power came back on around 2:15am along with every single light in the bedroom,

adjoining bathroom and the radio hubby was playing at the time...........talk about a rude awakening!LOL

Roads are plowed so hoping for 10 miles today.  More snow on the way later. The good thing about

snow is that is has to warm up to snow and it a balmy 30F!

NTS, sorry about the fall!!

Bad Ass

not too swift, ouch. Are you the one that posted the picture of your black eye in the FB group?  I still confuse most people's real names!

Blog

Bad Ass

And I didn't mean just to say hello to not too swift.

Scott, enjoy the rest.

RVD, sounds like a mouthful.  How are you liking Hanson?  Are you really going to Chicago?  FE!

Beth, stop baking stuff without sending them to me!  Hope the baking goes well.

Blog

RVD, sounds like a mouthful.  How are you liking Hanson?  Are you really going to Chicago?  FE!

DR: That 2wu+6MP+2cd is just my shorthand for 2 miles of warm up followed by 6 miles at marathon pace followed by 2 miles cool down.

Yep, Chicago was my first and my one Must-Do every year.  I pretty much like everything about it.  Everything is convenient, from the easy El ride from Midway to the hotel, the shuttles from the hotels to/from the Expo, proximity of hotels to the start/finish, etc.  Also great crowd support.   Are you going?  If so, where are you planning to stay?  I always stay at the Congress Plaza which is the closest to the start/finish.  You can be at the start line in five minutes from your hotel room.

And yes, I definitely like the Hansons' program.

Bad Ass

DR: That 2wu+6MP+2cd is just my shorthand for 2 miles of warm up followed by 6 miles at marathon pace followed by 2 miles cool down.

Yep, Chicago was my first and my one Must-Do every year.  I pretty much like everything about it.  Everything is convenient, from the easy El ride from Midway to the hotel, the shuttles from the hotels to/from the Expo, proximity of hotels to the start/finish, etc.  Also great crowd support.   Are you going?  If so, where are you planning to stay?  I always stay at the Congress Plaza which is the closest to the start/finish.  You can be at the start line in five minutes from your hotel room.

And yes, I definitely like the Hansons' program.

I have not made any plans on where to stay but will keep you posted once I get registered.

Blog

Beth--we didn't get squat compared to you.  I would guess about 2-3 inches. 

Swift--I came close to duplicating your fall this morning on the ice.  Hope I didn't tweak my lower back in preventing the fall.

Swamped at work now.  I did a little over 8 miles shuffling along on the ice, snow and slush.  9:56 a mile pace!

PressingOn

Hey all!  First day of winter break in our household means I got to sleep in this morning.  Very nice.  Sadly, I woke up to a cold (34 degree's outside) rainy day.  It is dumping and there's no end in sight to it today.  That's going to make my 16 miles fun.  Not.  I guess it's good practice in case my Feb. marathon is nasty weather wise, which is a strong possibility.  

SIAR - I'm so glad you're enjoying your running.  You deserve it after all the forced time off.

Swift - I'm impressed you kept going after that fall. I'd have probably called it a day.

Marco - Be careful on that ice! No power is no fun. When we bought our new house we also bought a generator because we heard when major outages occur one can be without power for up to a week in this area. So far no need to use it but winter really has only begun and we've yet to have a good wind storm.

Julia - I'm doing New Year's cards too. Maybe. I'm hopeful, at least.

Damaris - Sleeping in is delicious. I got to sleep in too as this is the first day of winter break for the kiddo's.

Scott - Enjoy that SRD and hope you get all the errands done.

RVD - 3:15? Cripes. That's early. What time do you have to be at work? Better yet, what time do you go to bed? Maybe next run you can hit the track.

Beth - That is a lot of snow. And to think I was taking photo's of our 1/4 inch. Granted, it's the first snow at our new house so I'm a little over the top about it. I keep reminding myself to wait until we get real snow but there I am, traipsing around with my camera, taking more photo's. In my defense, my husband asked me to send them. He's a little giddy about it too. When we lived in town we rarely got snow.  These last couple days our old neighborhood has only had rain.  Lol, about the power coming back on. Been there, done that.

Hello to all that follow today!

Brains aint me forte

Just back to share this: A friend posted something to Facebook last weekend that touched me. She completed her first ever 5K and said that what got her motivated to get started was seeing something I posted to FB. It just goes to show that you never know how your actions impact others.

ALSO

On my errand running today I did some exploring in the car and mapped out a new 10 mile course.  I'm excited because the new course would get me off campus for a nice change of scenery and it also features three very long hills that would be good for me to run.  The one big negative is the first 3 miles once I leave campus take me through a pretty rough neighborhood.  I wouldn't want to run there at night but I think it would be OK in the afternoon.  I have a couple weeks to think it over because I took all next week off.  Sorry to nerd out on you guys, but no one else would appreciate my level of excitement over finding a new place to run.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                                Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp