JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Brains aint me forte

Good morning! I'm enjoying a little coffee and half a plain bagel before heading out for my 16 this morning.  I went to see the Maryland Girls Basketball 3A regional final last night with my wife and daughter.  DD played club basketball with 4 of the girls on one of the teams. I also coached a few of them in soccer for a number of years so we wanted to go and cheer them on. They ended up winning the game by almost 20 points. We hadn't seen a lot of those girls for a while so it was great to see them play and do so well. They move on to the state semi-finals next week.

Happy Saturday all!

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Go CC!

Scott: Glad you had a good time at the game. Have a good 16.

I'm finishing my coffee before heading out to meet the group--we have a 13.1 mile course run this morning with the pacers, so I'll be doing at least parts of it at MP.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Headed out for 14 with the running club people. It's their marathon training group run, but an easy way for me to steal miles before my 20 tomorrow. Catch y'all this afternoon.

run fast CC!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

Go CC!

Scott-- hope you have a great 16 miler

Me-- Rest day before the half marathon.  Going to go to a soccer game, pinewood derby, packet pick up, and a baseball game Smile.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be 37 at race start.  Going to be PERFECT running day.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

Good morning!

CC, I hope you're putting some hurt on a race course right now.

I'm planning to do 17 today, which will be my last run over 2 hours of this training cycle.  I was hoping it would be warm enough to do a dress rehearsal but that's not going to happen.  But, looking at the 10 day, there's a warming trend coming our way so maybe next weekend.

Before heading out, I'm going to finish my pre-race hair cut and dye my hair...  My hair is super curly and a few years ago a stylist very loudly went off on me about what a pain it was going to be for her to cut it.  I was mortified.  But, I got out of the chair, went to Sally's Beauty Supply, bought some scissors, and have never gone back to a salon.  Cool  I think I do a pretty good job.  It's curly so it's not like it has to be even around my head.  I don't know what that lady was complaining about.  I get compliments on my hair all the time - mostly because of the texture, though, which is genetics and not my doing.

Scott, Did you get your confirmation email?  OMG, how are we already getting packet pick-up and corral information?!  This race really is just around the corner.  What corral are you in?  I'm in 2.

Just B.S., You all look like you're having a blast!  What a great thing to do for a friend's birthday.  And, I like the pony tails.  Smile

SIAR, Have fun on the group run...  I'm actually thinking of getting the car to take us home after the race; not before.  No way am I trusting one of my brother's drivers to get me to the race on time.  (Last time I ran this marathon, I got to the race with 8 minutes to spare.).  We're thinking of having it stocked with post-race champagne.  This friend lives in Boston and bet me a bottle on the Ravens-Patriots game.  Poor thing didn't know about my sports mojo.

Swift, Hope you nail your pace today.

JoJo, Enjoy your rest day.  Have some carbs.  Smile

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
              Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

jackdyl11

Good morning!  Mmmm coffee.  I thought we were all out.  That would have been a bad morning.

I got an easy 8 in last night and will do just 6 today before the 10 miler tomorrow.  I'm not impressed with my shape right and the weather (30F, feels like 20, 13 mph winds) won't exactly be perfect for racing, so I decided not to do the normal rest day/4 miles.  I can't resist taking it a little easy though.  I enjoyed this race last year though so I'm still looking forward to it.  And I'm soooo excited to FINALLY be racing again!

Scott: Have fun on your quick 16! That's very cool about your daughter's friends - I'm happy they played well.

NTS: Sounds like a great run!

SIAR: You're an addict.  Sounds like you have a busy weekend scheduled!

Jodi: Sounds like a busy rest day! Did your son get to make any updates for this time around? I've never been to a derby but it sounds like fun.

Julia: Good for you getting out of that chair!  That must have felt good.  I'm pretty shaggy myself right now, but I'm going to pay someone else to work on that.  Gotta look pretty for tomorrow.  That 2011 National race was a total disaster!  Luckily my parents drove me in, and I was able to run the last mile or so to the race site.  That was my PR half marathon, but I was in much better shape than the time I ran.  I only saw the 1st mile marker and the 10th, and by the 10th I was over a minute off schedule.  As you probably know the owners had already sold the race to RNR and were taking their money and running.  They screwed a bunch of people over in the process.  Also, the guy that was winning the marathon through the half said they didn't have a bike in front of him, and he got lost in the parking lot after a cop sent him in the wrong direction and ended up jogging the rest of the way for third.  The only positive about that (other than the PR, which I'll take!) is that a friend yelled "Get every last second!" at me as I went up that last little hill.  That's a phrase I go to sometimes later in races.

CC: Run fast!!

Good morning,

A little more than 17 done and it snowed the entire way.  I was soaking wet.  A couple more of those in March, and I think I will be ready for April.  Going to doze off for a bit after eating blueberry pancakes with coffee butter...a recipe from RWOL.  Pancakes are like turkey to me...put me right to sleep.  Of course, I did eat five of them!

Go Rachel!

Brains aint me forte

16 done at MP. This is as ready as I'm going to get.

Scott, Did you get your confirmation email?  OMG, how are we already getting packet pick-up and corral information?!  This race really is just around the corner.  What corral are you in?  I'm in 2.

Yes, I got my email last night. I'm in corral 11.  Two weeks from today!

Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 16 miles in South Beach this morning and the weather was gorgeous.

Good luck to Rachel who is doing Woodlands today!  She crossed the 19.X mark in 2:58 according to her FB page.  Good luck to Patti as well!

Scott, hope your 16 went as good as mine.

swift, enjoy the HM distance run.

SIAR, have fun with your 14.

Jodi, I had not noticed you have a race tomorrow.  Is this a PR attempt?  Good luck!

Julia, have fun with your 17.  BTW, I don't cut my own hair but I do dye it myself.  The freedom of doing it when and where I want it while doing other chores is priceless.

Jackdyl, nice runs.  You might be surprised as to how much better you'll race after having run the day before.

marco, sorry you were soaked but great job on the 17.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

I'm not seeing your race on the list!  Either that or I am blind!

16 done at MP. This is as ready as I'm going to get.

Yes, I got my email last night. I'm in corral 11.  Two weeks from today!

Blog

Brains aint me forte

Damaris - Your run on South Beach sounds like a dream.

I'm not seeing your race on the list!  Either that or I am blind!

I guess it must be great run induced blindness.

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

Bad Ass

I told you I was blind!

Blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Back from my 14...pretty slow, but that's probably good for me.  It was a little annoying as we were "practicing" drinking by doing little loops and stopping at a water table, but I do think it was useful for people that haven't raced too much.  By the end the cups were just ice though ha.

Scott...16 at MP?  Which MP did you use?  Regardless, that's a kick butt run!  I'd say you're right, you're more than ready.

Swift...That sounds like an interesting run with the pacers and all...hope it works out for you.

Jodi...Wow, busy day for you.  I've been down to a spring training game before and had a really fun time too (assuming that's what you're going to).  Good luck tomorrow.

Julia...I think you should post a picture and we can all judge you on your hair cutting ability lol.  I'd have turned around and smacked that stylist if I were in your shoes.  We're getting that warming trend too...mid 40s by Thursday, maybe even 50!!! I can't wait.  You got a marathon 8 minutes before the start?  I bet it took a long time to settle into the run...I'd have been panicked until about mile 10 I think.  The champagne in the car for post race celebrating sounds fun.  And you're right, your poor friend didn't stand a chance with that bet.

Jack...Yep, I'm not impressed with your shape right now either!  Haha, kidding of course as I can't touch your paces.  It just seems like you haven't been able to train as you'd have liked, so maybe tempering your expectations a little will still leave you feeling good about the result.  Who knows, maybe it will be one of those days where you just have it and can get out there and fly.  Regardless, have fun out there and enjoy it!

Marco...Nicely done with the 17.  I did a lot of puddle hopping today myself.  Those pancakes sound awesome, especially when followed by a nap.

D.R...Sounds like an awesome run for you.  I'm sure having your back all squared away had to help.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! Great running from everyone today.

I got in 14+ with 11 at MP--did not push it too much because of my 10K tomorrow, but the MP  felt really comfortable, which was nice!

We had some snowflakes during the run (first I've seen this winter) and the Georgia Marathon people had mimosas for us after! Smile

Personals later, got a bunch of stuff to do right now.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09