Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/10 (Read 201 times)

Julia1971

Scott, is there tightness in your foot?  I felt like I had PF coming on early last year and bought one of those Strasburg (sp) socks.  I can't say it worked miracles or anything, but I do feel like it helped stretch it out...  I'm not a Skins fan yet, but I'm becoming one watching RGIII.  He's brought so much excitement to the team and you can how everyone plays better around him.

Hilltopper, I was really torn because I also like the Ravens.  I have a co-worker who is a crazy Ravens fan and when they lose he's in a bad mood for days so it's in my own self-interest to root for them.  But, truth be told...  I'm kind of a Browns fan.  Disapprove  What can I say?  I like underdogs.  Severe underdogs.  

SIAR, I knew someone had mentioned they were a TAR watcher, so I thought I'd mention it but not spoil...  How do you manage to record it?  I never chance it since 60 Minutes usually runs long.

Marco and B.S., sorry to hear about the nasty weather.  Do either of you run on the treadmill, or do you stick to the roads?

One of the downsides of running long into work is that I sit in a chair all day and everything kind of cramps up.  I'll probably spend some time with the foam roller before bed.  I downloaded the data from my Garmin and I hit my paces pretty well.  I do my medium and long runs as progression-type runs.  This cycle, I've been trying to start them at about a 9:00-9:15 pace and gradually increasing to just under 8:20 pace at the end.  I didn't quite finish that fast but given that I raced yesterday, I'll take it. 

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb

CompetitiveChik

Small world! The only thing weirder than that is when I replied to a craigslist ad for some dirt bikes for my kids and the guy was like "Hey, you're DM Greg!".

lol....now THAT is funny.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Just B.S.

Beth - The pool is 30 minutes from me too but I have a car.  I can understand why not having a car would be difficult.  I'm really loving the swimming.  It's become my favorite of the three tri disciplines.  My least favorite is the bike.  So many things that stress me out about the bike... I can get lost, I can get hit by a car, I can get a flat, I can have something break on the bike, I can fall and break myself, I may have to ride on busy roads.  I don't like driving on busy roads let alone riding a bike on them.  Running and swimming I can go and relax during.  OH MY GOSH!  I just said I can relax while swimming.  Big grin  

Yeah, it was easier when I was working in the city. My building was next to DH and having one car was great now it sort of sucks!LOL

I hear you on the cycling. I love it but where I live is not rider friendly at all. No shoulders on most of the roads and zero bike lanes. Some days I feel like I'm taking my life in my hands just getting on my bike!

Julia, I really really hate the Tmill, even though hubby is a runner as well and we have a really good one. Both of us prefer outdoors and use the tmill only when absolutely necessary. Maybe 10 times last winter. I juggling my schedule a lot to avoid it.

PressingOn

Beth - The pool is 30 minutes from me too but I have a car.  I can understand why not having a car would be difficult.  I'm really loving the swimming.  It's become my favorite of the three tri disciplines.  My least favorite is the bike.  So many things that stress me out about the bike... I can get lost, I can get hit by a car, I can get a flat, I can have something break on the bike, I can fall and break myself, I may have to ride on busy roads.  I don't like driving on busy roads let alone riding a bike on them.  Running and swimming I can go and relax during.  OH MY GOSH!  I just said I can relax while swimming.  Big grin  

SIAR - Hmmm ... let's see, today I swam 850 yards without resting.  The rest I broke up into 100 and 200 yard chunks.  Is that what you were asking?  Have you been able to make it to the pool?  

CC - Enjoy the recovery walk/run.  Having a friend should make it easier.  How are you feeling about the race today? 

Marco - Sorry about the funeral.

Oops.  I meant to say my 2nd favorite of the 3 tri disciplines.  Running is still #1!  Whew, please don't kick me out of the group for that typo.  Surprised

CompetitiveChik

SIAR - Hmmm ... let's see, today I swam 850 yards without resting.  The rest I broke up into 100 and 200 yard chunks.  Is that what you were asking?  Have you been able to make it to the pool?  

CC - Enjoy the recovery walk/run.  Having a friend should make it easier.  How are you feeling about the race today? 

Marco - Sorry about the funeral.

Thanks for asking PO. Still mulling over it. Not really sure how I feel about it. Am I upset, disappointed? Upset? No! Disappointed? yes. but I realize that weather is something that I can not control so I am trying not to think about it till I get some more time away from it. 

I'll be typin up a RR, probably friday since I'll have more time to spend on it. I thin it was one of the more reflective races I've run.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia--my TM after about 8 years bit the dust earlier this year.  I did not do the TM until Jan 31.  We have one at work but I am going to try and stay off it.  I may use it in March for speedwork and hill workouts before Boston.