Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/24/2013 (Read 14 times)

PressingOn

Off to a church business meeting in a bit so this will be quick.

Julia, Scott - after doing a hilly marathon and a flat marathon in relative closeness to one another I have to say the hilly was more enjoyable mentally.  Getting to use my muscles in a different way here and there felt better than the constant sameness of a flat course.  I also love the feeling of reaching the top of a hill and knowing I have the reward of the downhill after.  Or at least the levelness for a bit.  Mentally, it's a nice change.  You're both gonna do fine!

SIAR - Ugh, you sound like my coach.  Every time I make a joke about ever doing Boston (as in, I'll never be that fast), she tells me to stop laughing.  She see's speed in me and thinks she can work it out of me one day.  All I can think is how much that kind of speed work will hurt!  First goal she said will be to get me to a faster 5K.  After all these marathon's and some tri's, of course.  Ha.  Speaking of tri's, maybe not an Ironman this year but perhaps next year, huh?  Consider this extra time to get your skills even sharper.  Smile  Really, it's best to focus on one main goal at a time for best performance.  You're in marathon mode right now.  Smile

Okay, being told I have to leave.  Bye!

Julia1971

SIAR, I think I got a handle on them already.  There are 1 or 2 teams that seem likeable but yeah, I'm not sure this is going to be one of the best seasons...  I'm sure your waving is not that bad.  Unless you're doing jazz hands or something.

Swift, I'm terrible with elevation.  Obviously.  But, I guess the only other thing I would add is to resist the urge to hammer it on the downhills.  Are you tapering, too?  I noticed a bunch of us are running the same weekend.

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Yep, I've got to stick to my pacing plan early on, for sure. Course crowding may help keep me from going out too fast, with the half runners starting at the same time. But any mistakes in pacing could really wreak havoc in those later miles.

MTA: Yes, I'll have to be careful on the downhills, too. That's why I'm thinking of going with an elevation-adjusted pace band that would give me specific paces for each mile based on the profile. And yes, I'm basically tapering now too!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

jojo61397

He showed up 2 hours later.  It turns out he had a mile walk, 25 minute wait for transportation, plus another 30 mins of cramping.  All is forgiven.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.