Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 12/17/12 (Read 219 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

Julia: hope your knee pain gets better. Congrats on qualifying as seeded for Cherry Blossom!

jojo: hope your weather holds, we were supposed to have T-storms this am but didn't. Sorry to hear about your GMIL. That is tough around the holidays.

Scott: hope you're having a nice 8--how's the foot?

SIAR: nice run. I did the RW Thanksgiving-New Year's streak last year. This year I''m taking RDs since my legs seem to need them from time to time. 

Hi to DR, mark, marco, CC and B.S. too!

Got in 4 recovery miles this morning--the legs were pretty stiff, especially at first. Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

CompetitiveChik

CC, your races are on the board.

Thank You

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

CompetitiveChik

Docket - I certainly hope it's gonna be a fun one. It's a 2mile loop, so I'll have to go around at least 6 times. The only reason I signed up (b.c I despise loops) is b.c it's literally 5min away from me.

ImNotScott - I know, right? I certainly wouldn't want that. lol

So I originally went out for 21 but ended up cuttin it short to 18. I knew by mile 15 that I wasn't gonna make it to 21. The wheels started comin off at mile 16. I ended up walkin a mile back to my truck. but it's all good. I'm not upset in the least. the good thing is, this was experiment #2. And I now know what the cause of my cramps are. they really started settin about mile 16 but not too bad. I'll write up my "findings" in a bit. I'm headed out now for a ride

Brains aint me forte

Beth - I just read your post over in the Beginners and Beyond Forum about your boy coming home.  Enjoy the family time together with everyone under one roof. :-)  Have fun seeing The Hobbit.  I'm a big Tolkien nerd but haven't been to see it yet.  We will probably wait until after Christmas too.

Swift (not too) - Good job with the recovery 4. I love how it feels when the legs finally loosen up on those runs.

CC -  Getting ready to head over and read your report on the cramping. I'm glad you worked it out.

Got my 8 done and delivered Christmas cards along the way.  I felt really good for this one, which was nice.  For those that have asked, my foot is at about 95%.  I get a little twinge of pain every once in a while but less and less often.  I feel like I'm just about over it entirely.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just B.S.

Beth - I just read your post over in the Beginners and Beyond Forum about your boy coming home.  Enjoy the family time together with everyone under one roof. :-)  Have fun seeing The Hobbit.  I'm a big Tolkien nerd but haven't been to see it yet.  We will probably wait until after Christmas too.

Thanks so much Scott.

We are watching "Return of the King" tonight.....need to get refreshed on all the movied before

the big day!LOL ....we just finished a family dinner with our two sons and sons GF.......it was wonderful Smile

I bought son a "Gandalf" bobble head type figure they were selling at Chapters, can't wait for him to open

that one!LOL

CompetitiveChik

14.36 done on the bike. I started to feel super depleted towards the end. I realized why...I've only had 2 bananas today. So I came home and pigged out

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Scott - Yes, I just can't do all the replies yet... easing into that. :-) But I like reading about everyone anyway.

Julia - I'll be interested to know what a seeded runner is.

Marco - Hopefully you'll get those double digits soon... you have a history of it, so I'm sure you'll get there quickly.

SIAR - Happy b'day (if I read another post correctly). I hope you've had a fantastic day.

CC - Good decision... go home and pig out. :-)

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

PressingOn

Hey all!  Late to the show today.  I did an hour'sh on the bike trainer today and 1350 yards at the pool.  Also more shopping and making homemade hot cocoa gifts for teacher's tomorrow.  

SIAR - Happy Birthday!  I'm sorry I missed it yesterday!  That's what I get for not checking in.  I hope you had a great time. I actually was at a 50th surprise bday party for a friend.  She was an hour late.  She believed family was coming to the house and insisted on cleaning.  Lol!  Her husband had to try and drag her out the door without giving away that they were now late for a surprise party.  

CC - If I can get over a fear of water then you can get over a fear of water.

Damaris - Hurray for no albuterol.

BS - As the mom of a 3rd grader and a sunday school teacher of kinders-2nd grader's, it was a hard weekend for me too, especially when one of my kindies came up and gave me a giant hug on Friday and proudly showed me her new tiara.  Such a sweet, innocent little face.

Julia - Congrats on Cherry Blossom.

Julia, Damaris - Honestly, I didn't think about it when I sent my kids to school.  I had a kinder teacher friend say she she was proud of all the parents who dropped their kids off at school (only 1 kid absent per class) as they realized that possibility and probability are two different things. I thought that was a good distinction.  That said, I did half expect a pat down when I went to my ds's school today to drop off some candy for their party tomorrow.  No pat down.   I guess Skittles and Hershey bars aren't very threatening. 

Markrice - Good job getting out there in rain. It's pouring here too.

Jodi - Praying your GMIL is able to hang in there until after the holiday's. It's a hard time of year for loss. And I'm right back to feeling horrible about CT.

Scott - Nice to have a flexible lunch break for runs.

Marco - you'll get those doubles again.

Swift - Stiff legs again, huh? How's that been going? Better than before?  

Bad Ass

We are watching "Return of the King" tonight.....need to get refreshed on all the movied before

the big day!LOL ....we just finished a family dinner with our two sons and sons GF.......it was wonderful Smile

I bought son a "Gandalf" bobble head type figure they were selling at Chapters, can't wait for him to open

that one!LOL

I love LOTR movies and the Hobbit #1 was nice.  I cannot wait to watch the other two.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Just B.S.

I love LOTR movies and the Hobbit #1 was nice.  I cannot wait to watch the other two.

I was informed by my son tonight that there are 3 movies! I had no idea since I don't pay too much attention

to TV/advertisements or social media!  I'm going to be 60 before all these movies come out!LOL

Bad Ass

I was informed by my son tonight that there are 3 movies! I had no idea since I don't pay too much attention

to TV/advertisements or social media!  I'm going to be 60 before all these movies come out!LOL

Haha.  They have added stuff to the book because there is no way the book can last 3 movies.  But it was good.  Just like watching LOTR.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."