Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/12/13 (Read 17 times)

Julia1971

April:

Joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 4/13 - SunSmart 5K

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 - Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

AthenaofAmerica - 4/14 - Artichoke Half Marathon

Marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 - Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia1971

I'm up but not running this morning.  I'm hoping to run a 5K tonight.  It all depends on whether I can get out of work in time.  I probably need to leave at 5pm for the 6:30pm start so I just need to keep my fingers crossed that we're not that busy today.

In my Nuun-fueled buzz last night, I forgot to mention the coolest part!  I was introduced to the local elite female that fitted me for shoes back in January and she said she remembered me!  Again, I played it cool.  Cool   LOL!

Brains aint me forte

Good morning!  SRD for me today which works out nicely because it is raining today.  12-14 tomorrow morning.

Julia - Fingers crossed that you get out of work on time and good luck with the 5k!.  The weather is supposed to clear this afternoon so it should be nice for your race.

Scott, if you read this, can you change the title of my 5K to SunSmart 5K instead?  I screwed up the name, ha.

Julia, can you take care of this?  I didn't log on last night.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Bad Ass

Morning!  Thanks guys, for taking care of my quick name change.

I did 6 miles with 8 X 100m strides this morning.  Not too hot (77F) but super humid (74 dewpoint or 97% humidity).  My hair looked like Medusa's at the end.  But my asthma is doing way better than last year because humidity like that might have made me have an attack and I was fine.

Weights and chiro tonight.

Julia, hope you get out of work tonight and rock that 5K!  Is it a corporate run or something?

Scott, enjoy your rest day.  Don't get wet!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

D_R, The race is sponsored by the local running store. It's every Friday in April but I'm just doing today and next week since I have other race conflicts. They're pretty popular and competitive but I'm hoping the really fast people are going to Boston. Smile

Good morning,

26 degrees earlier and I did an easy 5.  We are supposed to get snow later today.  I have heard anywhere from a trace to 6 inches.  Boston weather, not that I am obsessing about it, is ideal for me....in the low 50s with a slight tail or sidewind.

We start our leisurely trip tomorrow by driving four hours to Portland, ME.

JenRosie--When are you leaving?

Back to work!

I'll do today's run after work on the local high school track; the greenway will be flooded.  Scheduled is 2wu+8MP+2cd = 12 miles.

Bad Ass

Perfect timing, indeed!

D_R, The race is sponsored by the local running store. It's every Friday in April but I'm just doing today and next week since I have other race conflicts. They're pretty popular and competitive but I'm hoping the really fast people are going to Boston. Smile

marco, I thought you would be there already.  Have a safe trip.

RVD, nice workout.

Blog

thinkin about glory days

I didn't run this morning because I had run late in the day yesterday.  I should be able to get out later this afternoon.  If I have time, I'll go "long," which for me right now is about 10 miles.  Sad

I'll be back after my run for personals.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Change in plans.  The train we wanted to take Sunday morning is sold out.  So, we will be arriving in Boston tomorrow afternoon.  The downside--instead of $70 LaQuinta in Portland, another night in the $250 B & B in Boston.

CompetitiveChik

Hey guys,

quick jump on for me. been workin super long hours. I've worked the equivalent of 3wks in a 2wk period the last couple of months. just this week alone I'll have 53 hours and next week I'll have another 56hr. that's a total of 29hrs ot. and that's just what I'm scheduled for. sometimes things are forgotten when the schedule is made and they need volunteers to stay. but I'm thinkin it'll slow down after the ms150 ride (which is april 20/21.) so I'll be back to 2days off. not that I'm complaining...I love my job.

got some great news the other day. owner called me into his office and spoke with me about my performance. at one point it sounded like I was gonna be canned but he turned it around quickly and invited me into there profit sharing program. it's way different from what it is at walgreens. I actually get the money at the end of every month, which is really nice. I plan on usin that extra money to pay off my credit cards. So I'm super stoked about that. got the first check today too.

anyways, I've ramped up training again. monday ran 6, tuesday rode 15, wednesday was track workout so did my speed work which was just under 4.5 and then 15 miles mountain bikin with the guys last night. today will be 6 with some hill repeats thrown in.

I'm off today so I slept in till my body decided it was time to get up. I'm fixin to head out for my run then off to the shop to pick up supplies for a 5k that we have a tent at, then shower and dinner with a friend.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

CompetitiveChik

PS - Julia can you please add 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

Julia1971

So far so good. I warned the appropriate people that I'm leaving at 5, so hopefully nothing will get in the way.

I'm wondering if I should eat something, though. I had lunch at 1ish. I don't want to feel sluggish come race time. What do you think? I also asked in the main forum.

Marco, The lodging switch sounds like a good one.

RVD, Have a fun run on the track!

Hilltopper, I still think 10 is long. Hope you make it out.

CC, Congrats on the money coming in. That's always a nice surprise. And it's nice to see you're getting back into the swing of things with your training. I'll update the calendar tonight when I'm on the computer.

Bad Ass

good news, overall, CC!

Julia, hope you are leaving!

Blog

CompetitiveChik

got in just over 6. I started off faster but slowed my pace cause I was startin to overheat. by mile 2 I was ready to quit. my legs felt dead. it wasn't till mile 4 when I realized why.....um, maybe the 15 mile mountain bike ride last has something to do with it...duh. anyways, I also forgot to drink my electrolytes yesterday. and after today I need to find watermelon so I can incorporate that back into my daily hydration. I did the first 2 miles on the dam but took the rest back into the park. ran to the gazebo and got some water. remembered that there is a cool off shower there so I used it. boy that helped on my last 2miles back. I stopped every mile for about 30-60 sec in the shade just to give my body a chance to somewhat cool down. but all in all a pretty good run.

julia - hope you were able to leave. good luck on the 5k. the most I would have done for the run is a gel about 10min before. good luck