Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/15/13 (Read 153 times)

So_Im_a_Runner:  I ordered some of these today.  I still have two pairs of water shoes left, but I'm always looking for something to replace them when they finally wear through.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So_Im_a_Runner:  I ordered some of these today.  I still have two pairs of water shoes left, but I'm always looking for something to replace them when they finally wear through.

Wow!  I definitely couldn't get any mileage in those.  They may be useful for some colder weather triathlons though ha.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Hey all!  2nd day of a sick kid at home.  He's not totally down and out but enough that it warranted one more day at home.  It meant missing my group run.  We were supposed to do hill repeats.  I debated the tm for a bit but decided outdoors was still better so I did the repeats up our service drive and driveway.  Total elevation accent was 1491 ft and descent was 1335 ft.  Whew.  It was tough but I'm glad I did it outdoors.

Julia - Hope you were safe out there in the dark.  Too funny about the shoeless meeting.

Damaris - Enjoy those weights and go "kick" some booty on your kickboxing.

Swift - Sometimes you have to switch days around based on your body. Good job listening to how the legs are feeling.  I sure they appreciate your listening ear.

Scott - Avoiding the tm is nice when it can be done. I dressed too warm on my run also. It was good the first two uphill's and then the sun broke through. The nice thing about being in my backyard is I was able to take 5 minutes to rush in and change. Much better!

SIAR - Good job on the progression run.  Count me as one who thinks rain is fun. Well, that and it's cool and refreshing.  So much better than that pesky sun that heats me up, takes a bite out of my energy level and spits me back out again.  Wink

PressingOn

Whoops.  Missed copying half my notes onto my post.  Here they are.

RVD - Sorry your day started out that way. When it rains, it pours, huh?  Maybe you'll win a running jacket like jackdyl so your day will improve.  Smile

Marco - Good job on the 10 miles. I think without pay it's not much of a promotion.  I can understand how it will help your resume though.  Is that looking forward to the London job?

CC - When's your next race? Eventually your brain will focus on the next goal and this recent race will be but a memory.

Jackdyl - That's some pretty good luck there you had today. I'd be flying happy also.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all!  2nd day of a sick kid at home.  He's not totally down and out but enough that it warranted one more day at home.  It meant missing my group run.  We were supposed to do hill repeats.  I debated the tm for a bit but decided outdoors was still better so I did the repeats up our service drive and driveway.  Total elevation accent was 1491 ft and descent was 1335 ft.  Whew.  It was tough but I'm glad I did it outdoors.

Julia - Hope you were safe out there in the dark.  Too funny about the shoeless meeting.

Damaris - Enjoy those weights and go "kick" some booty on your kickboxing.

Swift - Sometimes you have to switch days around based on your body. Good job listening to how the legs are feeling.  I sure they appreciate your listening ear.

Scott - Avoiding the tm is nice when it can be done. I dressed too warm on my run also. It was good the first two uphill's and then the sun broke through. The nice thing about being in my backyard is I was able to take 5 minutes to rush in and change. Much better!

SIAR - Good job on the progression run.  Count me as one who thinks rain is fun. Well, that and it's cool and refreshing.  So much better than that pesky sun that heats me up, takes a bite out of my energy level and spits me back out again.  Wink

Great job on the hills! That was very Beth-esque of you. Sorry you missed the group run. And we are definitely polar opposites as far as climate preferences. Go figure!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Great job on the hills! That was very Beth-esque of you. Sorry you missed the group run. And we are definitely polar opposites as far as climate preferences. Go figure!

Yep, I thought of Beth as I trudged up those hills.  I guess with all the golf you play it helps to enjoy the sun, huh?  I like it for short spurts of time and it's okay for the first 2 minutes of a run.  At 2 minutes 1 second I've had enough.  Ba ha ha.  Seriously, I wish it didn't wipe me out so easily but it zaps me.  I don't know how much of it is mental and how much is how I'm wired.  My dad once got heat exhaustion in a gym.  Indoors. Heat exhaustion.  In a building.  With air conditioning.  Sigh.  I'll never be heat tolerant Damaris so I'll run hills like Beth.  Big grin  Speaking of golf, I haven't heard you mention it lately.  I assume that's because of the weather.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pressing...it does sound like there may be some kind of genetic component for you. At least your climate fits pretty well with what works best for you. I don't know if I could handle the Miami heat, but there are many days where I'd at least like to find out. As for the golf...winter pretty much squashes that fun. Fortunately, I've been running so well I haven't missed it too much. I'll start to get the itch pretty soon though now that it's back on tv for the new season.

Julia1971

Still on my Blackberry (commuting home) but happy to know I can make paragraphs.

Another big downside for me when it comes to running in to work is food. Being caught without shoes was just the beginning. I also didn't get around to eating for the first time today until 2pm since I had back-to-back meetings followed by conversations with people. That's not good. And, I had a quick meeting with the new employee this afternoon. I think I fooled him into thinking I was normal. Smile

Modified to add personals:

D_R, Hope kickboxing was fun tonight.

Swift, Enjoy the rest day.  I took a peek at your schedule and you put in 60 for the last week.  Congrats!

Scott, Glad you enjoyed the mess.  Woot! on finding the $10.  I hope the burger was good if you spent it at Five Guys.

RVD, Thanks for the intel.  I hate getting my shoes soaked.  Sometimes, they don't quite feel the same after they've been drenched...  I hate Garmin malfunctions.  I have to edit my splits from time to time, too.  My Garmin spontaneously turns itself off.  Like it's done with the workout before I am.  Smile

Marco, Extra work with no award stinks.  Is there a chance you could get a end of year bonus?  That's a lot of employees to manage.

CC, I think a lot of marathoners feel that way - that they should have pushed a little bit more.  I think that's why we keep coming back for punishment.  Enjoy the rest day!

Jack, Maybe I'll see you at Cherry Blossom.  I just got around to emailing them about qualifying as a seeded runner.  I'm hoping at the very least it'll get me into the first corral...  I bet the jacket is nice.  I like the designs on their stuff.

SIAR, Sounds like you had a very strong run.  Basing tomorrow's workout on how you feel sounds like you're embracing that adaptive training philosophy.

Pressing, Good job on the hill repeats.  It's nice having an option like that when life or weather makes it hard to get out for a run-run.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                  Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Julia--I am fortunate to get an end of year bonus.  However, I am in the position of the person who gave me that bonus.  There is his boss, though.

Julia1971

Julia--I am fortunate to get an end of year bonus.  However, I am in the position of the person who gave me that bonus.  There is his boss, though.

Yeah, it's tough when you have to depend on someone other than your boss to remember the "above and beyond" contributions you made.  Maybe s/he'll remember.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
                      Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: now that you mentioned my log, I just glanced at the summary page and noticed my 2013 total right now: 111.1. Heh, pretty cool. Almost hate to mess that up. Also kinda cool that  I have over 6000 miles on my Garmin now (got another milestone coming up with total hours on the Garmin, too)!

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

Finally PRed!!!

RV: bummer about the messed up morning.

marco: nice 10!

CC: you did great in your race! Enjoy some well-deserved rest.

jack: enjoy your 800s, great news about Cherry Blossom and the jacket.

Scott: nice job with the 8, cool about finding the $10.

SIAR: great job with your progression run. Yep when you are feeling good with one of those it is hard not too keep going faster!

Julia: :great job with the run to work. That's funny about meeting the new employee without your shoes. As far as how my MP felt (you asked this a couple days ago) it feels pretty good, fairly easy,even on hills. I may make adjustments to goal based on upcoming  races but right now I feel sub 3:55 should be doable even on the hills here.

Pressing: great job with the hills!

Legs should be fine tomorrow, they're not really sore now, just more tired, so all is well. Going to keep miles lower this week, the last 2 weeks were about 5 miles higher than planned, so no big surprise they're tired. I'll have doubles next couple days for practical reasons. Really am starting to feel pretty good about the shape I'm in, feel much stronger and faster than I did in my last marathon cycle.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09