Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/19/2013 (Read 10 times)

Julia1971

Julia, were you a seeded runner at Boston this year? One of our local runners is a phenom who only

started running marathons a few years ago in her early 40's and won the Detriot Free Press womens

title in 2010 and has been invited to NYC and Boston the last two years. I think she ran 2:48 in the heat

this year. Crazy stuff!!

EDITED: sorry I just read about your sucky run......Sad

Thanks.  Smile  No, I wasn't seeded for Boston.  My qualifying time was 3:26.  Wow, sub-3:00 in that heat?  She's a beast.  I can't imagine it in that heat...  Cherry Blossom is being weird in that they have "elite" and "seeded" runners.  For women, you'd need a sub-56 10-miler to be "elite".  But, to be "seeded" for my age group, I needed a 1:10.  It's just curious to me because I actually caught up with people in the first corral last year.  So, I have my doubts about whether they're all "elite".  But, whatever...  Ireland is going to be fantastic!  Everyone I know who has gone has had the best time.

Run the mile you are in.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

RMT3b...great job getting through 20. You seem to get plenty of long runs in - great for the confidence I'd imagine. I should have probably done my run in shorts too but wimped out bc of the wind.

Julia...sorry it was so rough out there today. I've never run a cycle without having at least one myself. I think you were smart o go by effort and not the clock, and also agree that your 10k race will be a far better indicator. I don't know what you were doing in November either. Not good huh?

Beth...I forgot official training got moved from Christmas week. As long as you're feeling good with the swimming I'll trust you. That's really great you have someone to work with and help you with your form. Ireland sounds awesome; I hope it works out. Scotland is as close as I've been to there.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

6.8 done in a few inches of snow....it was pretty slow going

Julia1971

Julia...sorry it was so rough out there today. I've never run a cycle without having at least one myself. I think you were smart o go by effort and not the clock, and also agree that your 10k race will be a far better indicator. I don't know what you were doing in November either. Not good huh?

Thanks.  Yeah, I'm used to turning in crappy workouts.  But, I'm a "gamer".  I'll show up on race day...  In November, I was coming off of training for NYCM and wasn't really looking much past December.  So, I just slapped up a training plan.  Now that it's January, I'm seeing all kinds of odd things - like doubles twice a week.  November Julia wrote checks January Julia doesn't want to cash.

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I'm late because I stayed in bed until almost 10am and then went straight to breakfast and a movie with DH.  10 miles tonight.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

marco: Great job with your 6.8 in the snow.

Scott: Nice job with your 14.

SIAR: Nice work with your 16 with the MP miles. Glad you enjoyed it.  Yes, I'm sure the other runners understand. I was a little surprised to realize we do have that many running stores so close.

JenRosie: Great job on the 15. Good luck with the increase in quality coming up in your training.

runmom: Nice 20! Glad you enjoyed some nice weather.

Julia: Sorry your run didn't go well--I am terrible running in the wind. But you've been putting in some really solid training, guess some bad runs are bound to happen, and definitely the tune up race will be a better predictor. Hope you find that terrible movie.

B.S.: Cool about the help from the swim coach--and very exciting  about Ireland.

Docket: Have a nice 10 later.

Got my bib today for the 5K Monday. Heading out to a science talk this evening. It's at a tavern so I'll be eating and drinking too, but it's going to be packed so I need to get there pretty early to get a good seat.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

runmomto3boys

Beth: IRELAND?!?!?!  :squeal: I'm so freaking excited for you!!!!!  What a trip!  I hope it all works out!!!  I'm so glad you are taking to swimming like, like, a fish to water!  You are a natural, for sure!

Julie: I'm so sorry about the rough MP run.  It sounds like you learned a bunch along the way, though, and clearly the weather/overdressing played a big role in it all.  I know how disappointing a run like that is, though.

Not too Swift: Ohhh, good luck on Monday's 5K!  I hope all goes well!!!

Julia1971

D_R, That sounds like an awesome morning.

Swift, Hope your discussion goes well.  Maybe I needed pub food all these years to understand science stuff...  I'm working through my Tivo queue.  There's a lot of good stuff in there.

RMT3B, Thanks!  I'll rebound from it pretty quickly, I think.  I turn in sub-par race paced runs pretty regularly.  Blush

Run the mile you are in.

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I ran with one eye swollen (from cross contamination with shellfish at lunch) but the run went great.  I think it's the fastest post-asthma MLR.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."