Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - Happy St. Patrick's Day! (Read 13 times)

Mostly Harmless

March:

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

CompetitiveChik - 3/23-24 - Texas Independence Day Relay

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run 5K

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good luck today to Jodi, NTS, RVD and Damaris!  Please report back as soon as you can!

fake it till you make it

Good luck today to Jodi, NTS, RVD and Damaris!  Please report back as soon as you can!

Ditto!  I'm going to have to sneak on from work today to see how everyone did.  How are yesterday's racers feeling today?

Mostly Harmless

Ditto!  I'm going to have to sneak on from work today to see how everyone did.  How are yesterday's racers feeling today?

I'm really sore but not in as much pain as I thought. No running for me today but I plan to take the dogs for a walk later to work out the kinks.

Julia1971

Let's go runners!  Have a great race today JoJo, Swift, RVD, and D_R!

Thanks, everyone, for wishing me good luck and congratulations yesterday.  I got to read them but scarcely had a moment to myself yesterday.

I posted a race report for RnR this morning.  Today's an SRD for me.  I'm going to go meet up with my running group later but not for the run.  I'm feeling pretty good!  The party went well and it was fun.  I didn't try to do too much - just pizza and beer.  People left at around 6 or 7.  My two friends from college stayed a bit later and we got to catch up.  I probably got to bed by 10pm.

Scott, I haven't read your race report, yet, but see you got your P.R.!  I'm so happy for you.

JenRosie, It's an exciting weekend.  I hope you get to sneak away.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
            Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Just B.S.

Morning everyone. I have a minute before my Aunt gets out of bed to stop in and say Big Huge Congrats

to Scott and Julia on your races yesterday!

I"m really sorry I don't have time to read the reports or comment individually but I saw your fabulous finish

times and that's the important part!

My Aunt can't figure out how to use the TV or the cell phone so I have to change channels, do her own

laundry or bathing, dial and answer all her phone calls, can't do the stairs alone and won't eat unless I

prepare something and sit down with her. Plus we need to clean out her apartment this week and take care

of all her banking and personal business. Needless to say it doesn't leave much time for anything else. I am

still managing my workouts by doing them when she is napping.

Good luck to anyone racing today!

P.S. Pressing I did skim a few minutes yesterday and saw that Grandma has passed away. My

condolences to you and your family.

Hopefully I can pop back in a few days.

Mostly Harmless

Beth - I'm glad you had a minute to drop in.  I want to tell you how much I admire you for taking in your aunt. Being a full time care giver is exhausting. I know this first hand because my wife and I took care of my Mom for 10 months in our home. My one piece of advice that I have to offer is if someone offers to help you, let them.  Take care and check in when you can.

Pressing - I'm sorry that I haven't offered my condolences on the loss of your DH's Grandmother. I hope you and your family are doing well.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good luck marathoners!

True RUD for me today...I'll head out and see what the body allows. Be back later.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

I'm alive!  Ran with NTS until mile 16-17.  Brutal course, but finished in 4:05:40.  More later...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jodi...10 minutes is an awesome PR!!! Great work on a brutal course.

Scott...Taking the dogs for a walk sounds like a great idea.  Glad you're feeling pretty good today.

Jen...I'm feeling really good today - no pains or anything concerning.  Have a great day at work.

Julia...Pizza and beer sound like plenty of effort after a marathon!  You deserve some rest days for sure.  Sounds nice catching up with friends too.  I hope today is nice and relaxing for you.  Maybe some more bath salts...just don't sniff them, or smoke them, or inject them...or whatever it is people do with them.

Beth..Thanks for saying hi.  I'm surprised your aunt had been able to live on her own with the help that she needs.  Maybe as she adjusts to your house more she'll be able to do some more things on her own.  Regardless, it's so nice of you to take care of her and I hope that through all the exhausting moments it's still rewarding for you.  Hope the swimming and running are going well.

I just ran a little over 7 miles.  I was thinking I might do a long run today, but I realized there just wasn't any point.  My legs felt good, but I could also feel the fatigue so I didn't want to press it.  I'll get my miles in during the next couple of weeks, so no need to stress about today.

Keep those race results coming!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Just B.S.

Thanks SIAR, The problem is more that she cannot deal with any new technology. She just can't comprehend

the Iphone, can't use the TV because it has  a cable box and can't do the stairs and we have a mutli level home.

And although Buster is very gentle, the least little brush by from him makes her unsteady so I have to always

be aware of when he is near her.

So a lot of changes and challenges for her but the longer she is here the more I realize exactly how frail she

is that that her memory is failing.

But it is very nice to be able to help in her time of need.

And sorry for missing your race report! My posting is so fast these days! Great job!

Beth..Thanks for saying hi.  I'm surprised your aunt had been able to live on her own with the help that she needs.  Maybe as she adjusts to your house more she'll be able to do some more things on her own.  Regardless, it's so nice of you to take care of her and I hope that through all the exhausting moments it's still rewarding for you.  Hope the swimming and running are going well.

7.5 done earlier this morning.  Feeling pretty good about the last few weeks.  No issues with pain.  Have doubled last March's total, but I had a marathon a year ago.  I am 3 miles shy of passing the mileage I had in March for 2011 when I did Boston.

Going to try and push hard this week and the last week of the month start slacking off because we will be visiting my folks.

Hope your weekend is going great!

Mostly Harmless

Congrats on the great PR Jodi!

PressingOn

Hi all!  I haven't read RR's yet but thought I'd make sure to post first so you'll at least know I'm still here, around and alive.  Also, congrats to all of you on finishing your races!!!!  I am anxious to read all those RR's (actually made me snicker when I logged on and saw how many RR's were stacked up) and get the nitty gritty details.

Looks like Grandma's funeral will be Friday so another weekend away.  Hopefully I can post a little more normally this week before we leave. For now, I'm going to read the RR's and then take a nap.  Or perhaps nap and then read RR's.  Ds has had another cold and it's made its way to me.  I'm sleepy.  Yes, SIAR, now it is beginning to feel like we've been sick all winter.  Joking  lol.

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! The short version, as those of you on FB already know, is that I missed my goal by a somewhat frustrating 1:15, finishing in 3:56:14. I think if I'd stayed with the pacers I'd have probably had it, because they blew past me around mile 22, and I was still technically on track until 22, though I was slowing, and watching it begin to slip away from me. I'll write up an RR in a little bit. Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement! I'm okay with it under the circumstances. Race day temps were at least 10-15 degrees warmer (if not more) than we've had most of the last week or so, and I guess I didn't adjust accordingly...

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09