Marathoner Dailies

12/15 (Read 159 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone!

CC: that's great that you helped by being a water stop!

DR: hope  your double goes well.

Julia: hope your niece's surgery goes well when she does have it. Great job with the MP workout--I think it's normal for MP to feel hard at this point

Scott: nice 12, cookies, yum!

SIAR: wow, a progression from 12 to (uphill) 6:30. Is it hard for you to run 12:00 pace?

marco: Great 8.7, nice you can back off a little when it's single digits.

mark: nice you slept in, enjoy the recovery run.

joe: hope you're having a nice 17.5, and enjoy the food after.

Pressing: hope you enjoy the easy 3, good you got to sleep in.

Today was the first run with the official training group for the Georgia Marathon. I've never done one of these before, but I'm running with them because of BoMF, since there are members prepping for the half and full. Since I just registered for the training program today, I didn't know in advance how long the run would be. Turned out it was only 8, though I ended up going about 8.6, and since I did a little over a mile before, I got close to 10 total for the day. There's no run with this group next  week because of Christmas, but I guess the week after it's 12, and I should be getting a schedule pretty soon. Since today's was shorter than expected, I'll just plan to do 12 or so tomorrow,

I've been fighting off a bit of a cold the last few days, with help from Cold-eeze, Echinacea, water, juice, etc.--I'm hoping it will not get much worse. Time for me to do some laundry.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Swift...hope you manage to stay healthy. It's so hard to do that this time of year. Nice job with your mileage. I'd imagine the official training group will give you the chance to meet a lot of new people? As for the pace, it really wasn't bad as a little warm up.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Bad Ass

DOCKET...is your log here not up to date? If it is, those are going tone serious doubles to get to 2012! I'm praying next year will be the one where I can be healthy enough to run 2000+. MARCO...frozen sweatshirt sounds serious. I always laugh when I have ice on my eyelashes. You'll have that weather before me. Those underwear really would be a great Santa gift. There's a compression short version too - both are awesome. MARK...nice run last night. It's fun to cycle the gears like that. I hope the sunny recovery went well. JULIA...Glad the run gave you a starting point for your paces. Anything that long at mp this early in training is bound to feel hard, but I wouldn't rule the pace out entirely. Way to try to scare the new neighbors ha. I wouldn't know about sibling balance as I'm an only child. Can you out run him? JOE...looks like an awesome day! I hope your track suit is really a velvet leisure suit you'll be wearing. The running group seems to have lots more beginners or people without the training experience I have. The owner is a 2:50s marathoner though, and as long as I'm not running a pace type run, it's good variety. PRESSING...are teachers permitted to take Christmas gifts out there? Here, they're forbidden entirely, which I find ridiculous. Back when my mom taught, she did very well at christmas ha. Any run for you today?

It is available but I have not put the miles in yet.

markrice, I'm not following a plan at this point.  Just running in between marathons.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia1971

Swift, good luck with the training group.  I ran with one for my first marathon, and it was a test in not being obsessive about having every thing planned out.  They did have to change routes and mileage quite a bit.  What does BoMF stand for?

SIAR, my brother played corner in football.  I could probably outrun him but I'd have to evade the coverage first...  And, I'm so jealous of only children since I'm the 5th of 6 kids myself.  Hold on while I imagine the parental attention, and general peace and quiet of the house.  Ahhhh...  I was thinking today that there's no way I'm going to get significantly faster than this, but we'll see.  Lots of miles ahead of me.

Pressing, yeah, DC is a long way for you for 10 miles...  My younger brother is the only one I get to boss around, so that's why I try to keep him in line.  I try to remind myself that he's got a mother, a wife, 5 older sisters, and 2 daughters so I should ease off but it's hard.  He's still a 10 year old kid always getting into trouble in my head. 

Joe, hope the run went well and those enchiladas hit the spot. 

Run the mile you are in.

Finally PRed!!!

SIAR: yes, definitely getting to meet some new people. Also, the pacers are running with us some weeks. Not every week, but several of them. I'm not sure if I'll try to run the marathon with a pace group, but if I do, it will be nice to have met some of the pacers. Having a cold is never that much fun, but I'd rather have one now than a week or a month before the race!

Julia: Back on My Feet, it is a "nonprofit organization that is dedicated to creating independence and self-sufficiency within the homeless and other underserved populations by first engaging them in running as a means to build confidence, strength and self-esteem."

http://www.backonmyfeet.org/

I don't generally plan my marathon training completely out way ahead of time, but this will cause me to have to adapt somewhat to a schedule someone else has planned, which I don't usually do. Also, by running with groups and chatting, I'm learning to run without my iPod again (I don't race with an iPod, but I do run almost all solo training runs with it)! 

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

PressingOn

Shoot.  I'm bummed.  I love running in snow as it first starts hitting the ground, before it has a chance to pile up and become slick.  My run today was in freezing rain.  1 hour after I finish the snow begins.  Oh well.  The kids are out in it now having fun.  It's just beginning to stick.  Christmas shopping plans are postponed until tomorrow so the kids can play.

jojo61397

Morning, no patience for personals sorry... Scheduled Rest Day today.  So sad about the shootings.  My kids are blissfully unaware, I would like to keep it that way, hoping family and friends will acknowledge my wishes.

Other than that, registered for number 8 Smile.  So excited.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Did a few extra today for a total of about 8 miles (the last run was with my daughter).

Julia - I can sure understand that. I would too.

NotTooSwift - Hope the cold goes away. It'll be interesting to hear how the training group goes.

Docket - Got it. Did that from 9/2 to 11/11. 

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

CompetitiveChik

CC...Are you riding a road bike, or hybrid?

road bike. I have one but it's too small. a friend is lettin me borrow his and has even offered to sell it to me but it needs too much work. I don't want to have to soak the money into it. It needs break/gear cables and the chain needs to be looked at. If I'm gonna pay for a bike I'd rather pay the "new" price. Plus in a few more weeks I should beable to get it for cost

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

CompetitiveChik

late posting for the day.

water stop was almost a failure. I ran out of water. It was so freaking humid and warm that the runners were fillin up there bottles. No way was I gonna tell them no. fortunately I was only out of water for about 15min before someone came to my rescue. I really enjoyed it too. I got my daughter to come with, promising to pay her. why else would she be up at 4 am? lol

I then went to work (2hrs) to finish off my 8hrs. sold 3 bikes in the last 30min. too bad I don't get paid commission but of course it's a good thing on those days that I don't sell anything. But as long as my name is on the sale it still makes me look good.

I came home and then crashed. I was so tired. I slept for a solid 2 hrs. the only reason I woke up was b.c my hubby was pretty loud. 

Hubby came out and said " you haven't told me what you want for Christmas'. so I spent quite a few hrs surfin the web and finally got my list together. woohoo!

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon