Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

October:

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Mostly Harmless

Good morning runners.  I have 4 miles at recovery pace today, getting ready for 14 tomorrow.

jojo61397

Rest day for me Smile.

This weekend have a 4 miler scheduled before Christmas parade.  Then probably a few hours of paddle boarding (highs near 80 Smile).  Sunday I have a 12-15 miler and another couple of hours of paddle boarding...  Next week is my 24 mile run *eek* on Wednesday.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

Good morning ImnotScott and Jojo

RUN DONE: GA 10mi w/ 8x100m

Nice run, mostly in the moonlight. One of my heart rate belts is not working right... ugh. Other than that, it was great. Likley too fast for a GA but felt quite easy so I'm happy. 

Good day to all.

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Forgot to set the alarm and did a little over 5 instead of 10.  Since it was 12 degrees with a bit of wind, 5 was more than enough.

Good morning Scott, Jodi, Mark and all who follow

Mostly Harmless

Marco, in those temps 5 should count as 10!

Bad Ass

Morning!  Travel day for me.  Chiro and errands now.  See you guys before I head to the airport.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  San Francisco Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

onemile

Morning everyone!

12 degrees. Ugh. I am so not ready for the cold yet.  We're getting a little break before the bad stuff comes and are having a few days in the 50s.  It's even supposed to get to 60 on Monday.  Unusual for this time of year in WI but I can't complain.

My 8 last night was slow and awful. My legs just didn't want to move.  Hope they are better tonight!

formerly614

Hi Everyone!

It's been a while for posting from me but have still occasionally checked the RWOL postings. Being that everyone has moved here I figured I would stop in to say hi. I've still been running and will be running my second full next weekend in Dallas. Haven't set my hopes to high and would like to just finish without having to walk or having a mental meltdown Big grin. I believe Rachel will also be running next weekend so we may possibly have a FE.

SRD for me today.

QOTD- How many miles do you typically run in the last week of taper prior to your marathons?

PressingOn

Hey all!  I've got a swim clinic tonight.  I'm looking forward to it as I had a blast last time.  So much more fun doing drills with a bunch of people rather than by myself.  Getting the feedback from two coaches is also great.  

I also registered for marathon #5 yesterday, the Woolley Trail Run, in February.  It is the first marathon of my MM push.  It looks like it'll be fun.  Someone want to add it to the list for me?  I guess that would be Scott or whoever starts us up tomorrow.  It's Feb. 16th, AG 40-45, Goal is to enjoy it.

Scott - Enjoy the 4 today.

JoJo - I like that nickname.  Enjoy the Christmas Parade this weekend and the paddle boarding.  Sounds fun!

Markrice - Hi!  Glad the run felt easy.  I love it when a run feels easy.

Marco - 12 degrees.  Brrr... Good job on getting 5 miles in those temps.  How cold do you typically get?

Damaris - Safe travels!

Onemile - 12 degree's for you too?  Eek.  Maybe that's why your legs won't move.  You all are making me especially happy for my 40 temps.

formerly614 - so if you're not 614 anymore then just who are you?  Ha ha!  Good to see you posting this morning.  If you meet up with Rachel you two have to take a photo and post it.  Good luck at the race!   Okay, as for miles run that last week.  Hmmm ... I had 15 miles total assigned to me by my coach.  Mon & Tues were both 3 milers, rest on Wed, 3 on Thurs, rest on Fri, and an hour running on Saturday that included a little hill work and strides to wake my legs up.  That's what she gave me.  What really happened?  She ended up sending out an email telling everybody to forget the scheduled Thurs. workout since it was Thanksgiving so I did because I had family visiting. Saturday the family that had stayed with me was packing up to leave and I was unable to go for a run.  Soon as they left we packed up and headed to the race expo/hotel.  No running.  I did a total of 6 miles that week.  

onemile

No, thankfully it's not 12 degrees here, YET.  Just commenting on Marco's temps and not looking forward to when the cold arrives here in WI.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning everyone.  I did 4.15 this morning just to shake my legs out before pacing that half tomorrow.  Actually, I ran 3 miles at easy pace and then the fourth mile tried to run the pace I'll be pacing (7:15).  I finally feel like I "found" the pace.  I had been trying to hit it by stretching my stride like I would if I was doing a tempo pace run for me.  In doing so, I was going too quickly.  Instead, it's actually just my easy pace stride with a quicker turnover.  I feel much more confident now that I'll be able to do a good job tomorrow.

Scott...Enjoy the recover run before tomorrow's longer run.

Jodi...Rest sounds like a good thing!  I've never tried paddle boarding, but it looks quite fun.  The day I was going to do it on the lake it was too windy, so I never got the chance.  I can see how the 24 mile training run would be a bit intimidating.   I've never used one that long in my marathon training, but I'm actually going to do one that length in this cycle.

Mark...Nice job on the run.  Did you do the repeats on a track?  Thanks for sharing some of your insight about the HR training.  It would make for a really interesting way to compare marathon efforts, or even training efforts.  And I can see how some of the other data would be eliminated by training with HR.  The problem is I'm very tied to those other numbers ha.  I think that through the Toledo marathon I'll continue to train as I have, but if I do switch over to HR based training when I start a triathlon cycle I'll definitely turn to you for some pointers.

Marco...I think of you whenever I'm about to complain that my runs are too cold, and then I keep my mouth shut!

Docket...Have a safe flight...enjoy the people watching at the airport...and be awesome Sunday.

Onemile...We've got a decent weather stretch going here in OH too.  I'm actually thinking I'll get a round of golf in either Sunday or Monday.  Bummer about the awful legs, but at least they got it done.

614!!!...Hey buddy!  How've you been?  It's great to see you pop up on here.  That's awesome that you have a marathon coming up in just a week.  Not taking a walk break is a great goal as that can be such a hard urge to fight.  I don't know why I can't remember, but who was Rachel on RWOL?  Either way, a forum encounter sounds fun.  It's funny, I was just thinking that this group was totally missing a QOTD.

HEAR THAT GROUP?  I THINK WE SHOULD GET BACK TO QOTD.

Ha, anyways, I've been very light in all 4 of my marathons in the last week, like in the 20 mile range.  I'm thinking that may be why I haven't been as sharp as I'd like to be though, so for Toledo in April I'm planning on being in the 50s.

Pressing...I'm so jealous of your swim coaching it's not even funny.  There's a tri group that trains somewhat close, but it's not at the pool I use and I just don't feel like I have time for the extra effort.  Actually, I need to make a commitment to just getting more swimming in period.  What do you have to do to get your MM status?  Is it a marathon in consecutive months, weeks, or days?  We have a wooley bear festival around here, but I'm guess yours is more like a woolley mammoth kind of race.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I just noticed that RVDowning and SprinklesRunner posted yesterday on the 11/27 thread.  It'd be awesome if you guys want to hop on in, but just post on the thread for the current date so that we don't miss you.

Sprinkles had 3 races to add, but maybe we can wait for her to give us the dates so we can slot them in right.

run for the red, may 2013

wineglass marathon, sept 2013

nyc marathon, nov 2013

RVDowning had two races

Shamrock Marathon on 03/17/13

Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon on 05/11/13.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Pressing--I looked last night at last year's running log.  -2 was the coldest I ran in last year.  We usually have a day or two of -10 during the winter.  Then again, I have only lived here four years.  It was -25 just before I arrived in 2009.

PressingOn

Onemile - I thought that was quite the drastic change in temps 12 to 50's.  

SIAR - Rachel was Runnrchic.  Maybe you should try meeting the tri group once to see how it is and get a few pointers?  It's a big chunk of time for me to do the swim clinic also.  It's 30 minutes away and I need to leave changing time so I leave my house 45 minutes prior.  It takes me as long to get home plus the hour swimming ... it's time consuming but worth it.  She only does them every other week so I figure I can tolerate that.  Actually, I have to drive 30 minutes to get to a pool anytime I want to swim which is why I only go 2x/wk.  Open water swims in the summer are easier since the lake is 10-15 minutes from me.  Yes, certainly not as easy as hitting the roads for a run.  For my MM I'll do 3 marathons in 90 days but actually I'm going to wind up doing 4 in 4 months (knock on wood) because I want to run a marathon in May, as a Maniac (it's an unofficial reunion race), with a friend of mine.  She's an MM, 50 stater and is working toward her 100.  I think she's nearing 70 marathon's so far.  Anyway, that's my goal.  

Marco - Your weather is cold.  I like cold but not that cold.  

Welcome RVDowning and Sprinklesrunner!  Thanks SIAR for their info.