Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 3/9/2013 (Read 12 times)

RVD--congrats!

DW, for the past couple of years, writes for History in an Hour.  If you Google Kat Smutz, you'll find her.  They are history ebooks and audiobooks designed to be read or listened to in about an hour.  She is always in the top 10 history audiobooks in several countries...although that might be a limited field.  Still, top 10 in anything in a country is pretty good, IMO.

Did 2.6 outside at MP to get the weekly PR of 86.  Left Casper, the Boxer, at home...just too slushy and wet to deal with cleaning him afterward.

Bad Ass

RVD, congrats!

As to the nosebleeds, I've had them during the last two runs, but not sure what is causing them.  The air here is not dry (we are very humid (as in swamp humid)).  I just decided to take another SRD.  I"m tired, between the asthma and the nosebleeds.  Bah!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Great job with your 13. Yes, I definitely plan to run Wed in the shorts I expect to wear for race, as well as the top, socks and shoes--just have to figure out by then which pair to go with. But I've done probably 50% of my runs throughout the winter in shorts, so I'm pretty familiar with all my pairs. Good you were able to test a pair, do you have a different one you'll go with?

JenRosie: Awesome that you got 20 in and felt good. Good that the rain tapered off. My MP has been coming a lot easier ever since I started taper. I like to run a lot of MP in taper to make sure I have a good feel for the pace (except last year when I had a crappy cycle).

RVD: Congrats on your PR, that's really great!

jojo: Thanks, I don't know if I'll need the tracking link, since I don't know of anyone that interested in my time, who isn't also running. I see they also have a nice map that shows locations of the portapotties, large group tents, etc. relative to the start corrals. I have 2 separate group areas to go to, since I'll be at the Phidippides tent with my fellow training program participants but I have to meet up with the BoMF people too.

marco: That's interesting about your DW, very cool. Congrats on your mileage PR!

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Finally PRed!!!

Docket: Hope you feel better soon.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Has anybody here requested admission to the FB group?  I have a pending admission and I don't know who the person is.  Let me know!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jackdyl11

Wow, so much going on here today! And it sounds like everyone had awesome runs!  I have to go out with my parents, so I'll try to respond later, but I had to get my run on here because it was most likely the best I've ever had!!  First of all, it was mid-50's and wasn't windy where I live (sorry Julia), so that was very much appreciated and I got to run in shorts and a t-shirt.  It was just cool enough that I felt comfortable.  Plus, it was a gorgeous evening.  I only started running west when the sun was behind the tree line so I didn't even get sun in my eyes.  Obviously I felt great and my pace was pretty quick.  My garmin was even cooperating with my mood - I use a foot pod and sometimes it measures a bit long, which makes me feel faster. SO, I'm having this great run, when I go past a lake and have to negotiate with other pedestrians using the ever ineffectual "ON YOUR LEFT".  About a half mile later I'm running fast downhill away from South Lakes High School when I see a guy walking up ahead.  I say "ON YOUR LEFT" again, expecting no response, but he actually moves to the right of the trail.  Being in a good mood, I congratulate him for hearing me and having the correct response.  Then he yelled after at me "Aren't you that guy that runs 17 miles a day?" So I stop and tell him, no, not 17, maybe 10.  So he says "Oh yeah, 10 is a lot.  Is your name Alan?"  So, kinda laughing I ask if he means Alan Webb and tell him that no, Alan Webb is the mile AR holder, and WAY WAY faster than me, but he sorta insists that I'm Alan Webb which makes me feel GREAT! He thought I had the "same build" which is also hilariously wrong.  Anyway, South Lakes was Alan Webb's HS, and I do sometimes think about how he probably ran the same trails that I do.  GREAT run!  I don't think I'll ever be mistaken for someone that fast again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF4_V6bOkk4

Julia1971

RVD, I forgot you were racing today or I would have given you a shout out.  Congratulations!  Very nice job getting a PR.  You had me fooled with that hamstring.

JenRosie, I wimped out on the weather.  Disapprove  And, SIAR now has me thinking maybe I should extend the streak.  We'll see.  I'm throwing a party after the marathon - bought the champagne today.  I may not feel like running the next day.  Wink

Marco, I will have to check that series out.  I like reading about history and yeah, being top 10 in the county at anything literary in nature is impressive.

Swift, You are all set!  And, yes, I do have another pair of shorts to wear.  I like them okay but they don't have much lycra to them so they just feel like snug shorts.  I think they'll be fine.

D_R, I can't help with the Facebook question.  Sad  Hope the rest day helps.

Jack, It sounds like you had one of those really great runs.  And being confused with Alan Webb is pretty awesome.

Run the mile you are in.