Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 4/25/13 (Read 14 times)

Julia1971

Another rough day.  I'll be talking to my boss tomorrow.  Sad  So, I'll be having some wine tonight.  Smile

And, I just saw on Facebook that Shalane Flanagan and Joan Benoit Samuelson are both going to be at the Nike race on Sunday!  I wonder if I'll be close enough to see them.  Very exciting.  But, I don't think I'll win overall or master's.  Sad  LOL!

D_R, Wow, peeling in April?!  That's rough.

JoJo, Congratulations on leaving WW!  (You can't see it, but I'm toasting to you with my glass of wine).  I remember you saying it was becoming more work than it was worth.

Hilltopper, It was a nice day today.  I wish I could have run at noon-time.  It was beautiful out.

SIAR, It's great you were able to change you're mental state.  There's going to be a point on Sunday when you won't feel good - physically or mentally - so it's good to practice the things that'll bring you out of it.  I know for me, I can often dig myself out of the dark patches by thinking about how hard I trained or the things I gave up.  Or, I think of other people who work hard and tell myself I want to push myself as hard as they do.  (If you want, you can use me as your ideal for that. Smile ).  It's all mental (and my positive mojo) at this point.  You've done the work.

You're too strong not to keep on keepin' on. - The Pips
    Yes, I am! - Gladys Knight

Finally PRed!!!

hill: It is easy to run more than planned when the weather's nice. We've had great weather all week (though we're expecting rain for the weekend), and I just had to adjust my schedule for the weekend to lower the mileage, since I ran more than planned Monday and yesterday but don't want too big of a jump from last week to this one.

SIAR: Generally I like the hill sprints. During my crappy Buffalo cycle, when I had dead legs all the time, I liked them less. But I didn't like much of anything that cycle, so I don't think it was anything about them. You are going to do great in your race!

Julia: Hope the hamstring quits acting up. That's awesome that those two are going to be in your race. I hope you get to see them. Sorry about the rough day, enjoy the wine.

I was tired this evening, but once I got out for my run I was happy to be out there. It was so pretty out.

PRs: 5K: 22:09, 10K:44:55, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:32:09

jojo61397

Sad no run today Sad.  Tomorrow going to do 8 miles.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Damaris--you aren't alone.  I am peeling on the top of y bald head even though I ran with a hat on during the race.  All down my right arm was burned.  The same place I got burned when I was there in 2011.

Hill--We bought in on ebay sight unseen 6 years ago.  Except for the winter months it is a daily driver.  I have not had to sink a lot of money into it and it has been very reliable.

10.24 done this afternoon at MP